House Price Crash Forum

Fans And Doo Doo Were Not Actually Mentioned....but

HOLA441

Just caught a Broker on "Working Lunch" saying don't expect the FTSE to see the recent Highs anytime soon. [well there's a suprise]

[There is a contrian view that the "long term" chart is indicative of a bear market rally, in that the 2000 high has failed to be taken out. If that's the case, it's "Asta La Vista Baby"......see you at the bottom ]

Anyway I digress, so back on theme:

He said the retail industry fears of a IR hike is depressing their outlook. Especially as all around them world IR's are raising. But I chuckled at the most important comment he made. It was an unsolicited "one liner" he threw into the mixed at the end "and if the housing market rolls over " Nothing more, no explination, as I suppose none was needed. So sh@t and fans were not actually mentioned, but you get the jist I'm sure.

Now I know that new clueless presenter they have usually craps out when he hears the words "interest rates and rises" in the same sentance. I reckon he must be well extended credit wise, and I dare say has the usual journalist BTL portfolio. But he was suprisingly calm today, mind you like I say he does not come over as the sharpest knife in the box. Maybe he failed to see the connection between IR's, retail spending, and house prices, three things to juggle with are just two to many for him I suppose.

Edited by Catch22

HOLA442

[There is a contrian view that the "long term" chart is indicative of a bear market rally, in that the 2000 high has failed to be taken out. If that's the case, it's "Asta La Vista Baby"......see you at the bottom ]

The problem I have with that high is that is was based on total crap! To use it in any predictions about the past, present or future state of the market is unjustifiable.

HOLA443

Nice find catch22.

The housing market still seems like a fairly frail Cessna struggling along on one engine, and now that's spluttering.

I did my HALO jump a long time ago. Capt. Wrigglesworth is left frantically straining at the controls. Kirstie has lost it and is off in the land of the fairies. Someone needs to give phil a slap before he puts an elbow through a window.