House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Council Tax Rebanding

Just been on the news that some geezer has started a revolution in his area getting houses rebanded from c to b saving about 150 quid.

BUT... if everyone rebanded down wouldn't overall council tax have to go up to bring in the same amount of money?

Just been on the news that some geezer has started a revolution in his area getting houses rebanded from c to b saving about 150 quid.

BUT... if everyone rebanded down wouldn't overall council tax have to go up to bring in the same amount of money?

Yes. But the system is very unfair at present.

There is a big 5 bed victorian detached house in one of the best areas near me that the owners have decided to rent out after living there for years (as they can't sell), council tax band B.

I've lived in 2 bed flats in the same town that have been council tax band D, just becuase they have been bought/sold/built/renovated more recently than others.

If you have bought a house years ago and not moved this is yet another way you are better off.

Yes. But the system is very unfair at present.

There is a big 5 bed victorian detached house in one of the best areas near me that the owners have decided to rent out after living there for years (as they can't sell), council tax band B.

I've lived in 2 bed flats in the same town that have been council tax band D, just becuase they have been bought/sold/built/renovated more recently than others.

If you have bought a house years ago and not moved this is yet another way you are better off.

I don't think just becuse you've renoveated a place it will change the banding - although I'm sure it happens.

What (of course) is happening now is the rebanding of all properties - another reason the Government want HPI Loads more Coucil tax coming your way shortly!!!

Sorry Sarah I should have added that it won't last long. Once the Government rebanding happens they'll probably be going back up several bands !!!

How does one go about getting a property rebanded downwards?

A few computer hacks that would reduce to a single computer hack once ID cards have been introduced.

the guy not only got a rebate, but has a private number plate on his car.

hes no fool. hes leading a revolution of the cosy. they aim to destroy hoodies and ball games.

he was on granola reports. he almost came his custard over it.

i kicked my dinner over like bill grundy. i was outraged. i booted the telly in.

then i joined the local group of seig hielers. we had a meeting and took control of the tesco in leyland lancashire ordering the peas off limits to non whites.