House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
enworb

Hpc, Please Make The Pages Appear Like Spread Sheets

HPC, I would really appreciate it if you could make an office worker friendly forum :D

www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/workerfriendly

Thanks in advance

enworb

If you use the Lo-Fi version (link at the bottom of the screen) then this is pretty office friendly. The only drawback is that it's only for reading posts so if you want to post something then you have to switch back to full mode.

HPC, I would really appreciate it if you could make an office worker friendly forum :D

Thanks in advance

enworb

Back in the old days of PC games circa 1990 most games had a "boss" key. This was a key stroke combination which turn the game instantlly into a DOS window.

We need one of those on here.... better still a USB attachment which we can link to a proximity sensor which hides the browser when somebody comes withing 10 feet of your desk.

Back in the old days of PC games circa 1990 most games had a "boss" key. This was a key stroke combination which turn the game instantlly into a DOS window.

We need one of those on here.... better still a USB attachment which we can link to a proximity sensor which hides the browser when somebody comes withing 10 feet of your desk.

suggestions

If you're in windows, open up excel/serveral apps etc and and take a screen shot. Save this screen shot as your background. When boss arrives press <windows>+M to minimize all. Desktop background then looks like work ;)

If you use firefox download the 'Tab mix plus' addon. When using tabs, switch between them using ctrl+1, ctrl+2 etc. Place work suitable site on one tab, and HPC on another - Switch in a instant. :P (this might work in the default install)

Download a load of addon's and block the graphic, icons, adverts - minimize screen clulter.

If running linux.. use the command line web browser links or links2. - On my prefered option, have serveral virutal desktop and configure the mouse-wheel to roll between then. (Default using windowmaker)

On a MacBook/MacBook pro install AMSTracker, and screenswitch.py and then just tap each side of the screen to switch. - Video in action:

Edited by kinesin

Thanks in advance

enworb

OK, we've managed to do this by adding a Boss link to the left-hand side of the main navigation and also next to the delete button on the posts. This doesn't appear on the posts for non-registered users but that's just another reason to register! :)

Oh, by the way, we've just knocked up a quick spreadsheet thing so if anyone has a better one which is not copyrighted then send it in and we'll use that instead.

Thanks gilf, kinesin and Webmaster. To be honest the Lo-Fi version is probably more conspicous than the normal page.And unless I did something wrong, the Boss key only showed a pie chart and not the list of forum topics.

But I really do appreciate it that you made some changes. If you can make it look a bit more like a Wrod/Excel doc, i'm sure you will have even more activity on your site.

Regards

enworb

I think to make the forum appear like a spreadsheet that is also functional would be a bit of a challenge so we've added this Boss key so that you can switch quickly to an office type page if you see the boss coming.

Can you put one at the top of the " View New Posts" page too?

My boss would never believe it anyway - I work with databases and never do any work as it is :lol:

Edited by dnd

I think to make the forum appear like a spreadsheet that is also functional would be a bit of a challenge so we've added this Boss key so that you can switch quickly to an office type page if you see the boss coming.

The Boss key is very handy thanks Webmaster.

Does anyone have an alternative spreadsheet to the current sales pie chart?

HPC has been very helpful. If anyone has any mock spreadsheets , can you please send them to the "Webmaster"

Thanks

enworb

HPC original as ever :) . Great stuff!