House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Idon'tbelieveit

Double Standards!

I was listening to a conversation at work from a colleague selling her house (valued at 190K)

"The Estate agent says my buyer has put in an offer for 180K beacause that's the maximum she can get from mortgage etc. Will I except it?.

"I told him I don't care what she can afford the house is worth 190K"

She finally sold for 185K

About a month later when same colleague was now looking for a new house, she found the house of her dreams for sale at 250K. Put in offer for 230K , offer rejected.

Back at work, "I really love that house but the stupid b***h won't reduce the price".

"I refuse to pay the full asking price!" she said

Please explain the stupidity!

I was listening to a conversation at work from a colleague selling her house (valued at 190K)

"The Estate agent says my buyer has put in an offer for 180K beacause that's the maximum she can get from mortgage etc. Will I except it?.

"I told him I don't care what she can afford the house is worth 190K"

She finally sold for 185K

About a month later when same colleague was now looking for a new house, she found the house of her dreams for sale at 250K. Put in offer for 230K , offer rejected.

Back at work, "I really love that house but the stupid b***h won't reduce the price".

"I refuse to pay the full asking price!" she said

Please explain the stupidity!

I'm surprised she's not waiting for the HPC.

Hypocritical Biatch.

I'm surprised she's not waiting for the HPC.

Hypocritical Biatch.

Unless it's really really nice everyone puts a lower offer in.

EA's get around this usually by saying things like 'We have had a lot of interest in the property' etc.

Sell for as much as you can, buy for as little as possible. Dont get fooled by people waying prices are rising, and you can probably make/save money...

Keep fear and greed on your side

Guest Bart of Darkness
EA's get around this usually by saying things like 'We have had a lot of interest in the property' etc.

I must admit I'm looking forward to the day an EA says that to me, so that I can say something like

"you shouldn't have any problems selling it to someone else then should you?"

Unless it's really really nice everyone puts a lower offer in.

Have to beg to differ. Many these days still pay full asking price - house prices only ever go up and they're lucky to get it for such a reasonable price...etc.etc.etc

Have to beg to differ. Many these days still pay full asking price - house prices only ever go up and they're lucky to get it for such a reasonable price...etc.etc.etc

You've GOT to haggle. He won't haggle!

Clangnuts