House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spen1

Ware Hertfordshire

Ware is a home counties commuter town that has seen meteroric rises over the last 5 years that are now utterly unsustainable for those that live locally and even for those that do the commute into London.

As my wife was having another baby we sold in March and are now in rented (In a £650,000 house that we rent for £1,650 per month!), we want to buy but I have been quite cautious. In keeping an extremely close on on the area I have found that the situation has drastically changed in the last 5-6 weeks.

For 3 bed+ houses within this town there have been 8 houses that have reduced the asking price (represents about 15% of all stock looked at) , about 20 houses that have gone from one agent to all those that operate and lots of new houses coming on.

The main thing has been that for those on Rightmove only 3 houses have shifted in that time.

This was very different than even two months ago.

One thing I'm not sure of is if this is the EA doing bullish valuations to get property onto books then after a period of non movement getting vendor to lower price or a genuinely downward movement.

Needless to say I'm hoping its the latter!

P.s.when this sort of things happen its great to use against the mother in law!

We are now in rented (In a £650,000 house that we rent for £1,650 per month!).

For 3 bed+ houses within this town there have been 8 houses that have reduced the asking price (represents about 15% of all stock looked at) , about 20 houses that have gone from one agent to all those that operate and lots of new houses coming on.

The main thing has been that for those on Rightmove only 3 houses have shifted in that time.

This was very different than even two months ago.

Beautiful!

We looked to rent in Ware (Collett I seem to remember) £1200 for a good 4 bedder. But we needed a 2 yr lease and the owner/agent (who knows) said not poss.

We now rent a £400k house in Roydon for £1200 with a 2 yr lease from Nov 05.

We've seen a £699 house here fall to £679 and a 'Sold' house now again For Sale. :lol:

Keep the faith!

fp