House Price Crash Forum
FrozenOut

Ir Rates Held - Sick Of This Now

Bunch of pussy's they know whats coming but they havent got the bottle to do.

AAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh well, the longer they wait the higher they will have to go to correct the damage theyve caused by rimming Gordon for yet another month.

Bunch of pussy's they know whats coming but they havent got the bottle to do.

AAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh well, the longer they wait the higher they will have to go to correct the damage theyve caused by rimming Gordon for yet another month.

Nice picture :lol:

Guest Alright Jack

This is the kind of crazy reaction that mystifies me.

Things aren't going your way, why not change your strategy to benefit from what is happening rather than keep allowing them to dish it out to you?

Help me out here!

This is the kind of crazy reaction that mystifies me.

Things aren't going your way, why not change your strategy to benefit from what is happening rather than keep allowing them to dish it out to you?

Help me out here!

Its not as straightforward as that. Non homeowners are stuck between a rock and a hard place, it's either borrow a load and buy into a massively inflated market or wait for prices to drop which may or may not happen. I'm reluctant to buy but will soon be forced to.

Edited by simon99

BBC just said they expect rates to stay the same for the rest of the year.

is that from one of their rent-a-quote 'economists'?

Gutless See You Next Tuesdays!

:angry:

What on Earth is the MPC playing at? :angry:

Admittedly this is good news for manufacturers and the 70 per cent of UK adults who are homeowners, and there was actually no reason to raise rates given that we are still on course to remain within the 2pc CPI inflation target (according to BoE asssessment), but don't they know how annoying this is for the poor souls of HPC? :D

Why? Is someone holding a gun to your head?

I'm holding out, I have a deadline of July next year. By that time I'll be completley debt free and had a pay rise (So more choice of financial products), have a deposite saved and fees saved for purchase, and the house sellers pack will be being introduced around that time which I'm hoping will cause a flood of houses to be put on the market just prior forcing prices down.

I've sort of gathered this from bits and bobs that people have said on here and figured this would be my best approach as a FTB. But as a FTB I still find the house housing market very confusing. Any views on my strategy?

PS Please can no one jump in and call me a "fool", I've seen it used a fair amount on this forum and in my case I'm not an expert so have to feel my way through what is ultimatley a very confusing market with an infinate number of mixed messages - with limited knowlege and this is what I came up with lol!

Admittedly this is good news for manufacturers and the 70 per cent of UK adults who are homeowners

Actual homeowners are not affected by interest rate rises. Its people buying the houses from the bank (people with mortgages).

As for 70 percent of adults owning! :lol:

I'm holding out, I have a deadline of July next year. By that time I'll be completley debt free and had a pay rise (So more choice of financial products), have a deposite saved and fees saved for purchase, and the house sellers pack will be being introduced around that time which I'm hoping will cause a flood of houses to be put on the market just prior forcing prices down.

I've sort of gathered this from bits and bobs that people have said on here and figured this would be my best approach as a FTB. But as a FTB I still find the house housing market very confusing. Any views on my strategy?

PS Please can no one jump in and call me a "fool", I've seen it used a fair amount on this forum and in my case I'm not an expert so have to feel my way through what is ultimatley a very confusing market with an infinate number of mixed messages - with limited knowlege and this is what I came up with lol!

You seem to have a pretty good strategy to me. The HIPS thing is interesting - it could turn out to have the reverse effect to double taxation relief coming to an end in 1989 with supply far exceeding demand in the run up to it's introduction. Of course after HIP's introduction, the situation could reverse if sellers desert the market.

Edited by nodumsunreader

Actual homeowners are not affected by interest rate rises. Its people buying the houses from the bank (people with mortgages).

As for 70 percent of adults owning! :lol:

Fair point, although I think you're being a teeny bit pedantic :P

Fair point, although I think you're being a teeny bit pedantic

Why?

Why shouldn't we use words to mean what they're supposed to mean?

A person with a big mortgage does not own their home. The bank owns it, they're just renting while they buy the house in installments (or not at all, if they're on an interest-only mortgage).

Calling a mortgagee a 'homeowner' makes owning a house sound as simple as filling out a few forms. It's the years of paying off the debt that are the real problem, particularly if you don't have massive wage inflation to destroy the cost of the mortgage.

I'm not buying shit in a shit area, I refuse.

good for you, I'm with you on that one brother (or sister)!

BBC just said they expect rates to stay the same for the rest of the year.

that's re-assuring, considering any mortgage may take me up to 25years to repay. :rolleyes:

Guest Alright Jack

Its not as straightforward as that. Non homeowners are stuck between a rock and a hard place, it's either borrow a load and buy into a massively inflated market or wait for prices to drop which may or may not happen. I'm reluctant to buy but will soon be forced to.

The universe does not centre around houses. Find somewhere else for your money until house prices come back down to earth (this may not be monetarily so you are in danger of losing the purchasing power of your cash permanantly)

I'm not buying shit in a shit area, I refuse.

Spot on ... that kind of attitude keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I am not exactly sickened by the IR hold, it can't last for long.

Like all the BTL's like to say ... I'm in it for the long haul.

The universe does not centre around houses. Find somewhere else for your money until house prices come back down to earth (this may not be monetarily so you are in danger of losing the purchasing power of your cash permanantly)

What would you suggest putting your money in?

Keeping the CPI at or around 2%, like they're supposed to.

They've been pretty sucessful up to now.

I'm sure some of you lot think their job is to cause a house price crash! :lol:

Jody,

I'm doing the same thing!!! Although, my move will be a little more complicated as I'm taking my family to England when we leave USA next year.

Best of luck!

Guest The_Oldie

The problem is that the CPI seems to have little to do with what most of actually buy ;).

With respect, CO, that was exactly my point :angry: I thought the sarcasm was obvious.

The rest of my post read:

"Admittedly this is good news for manufacturers and the 70 per cent of UK adults who are homeowners, and there was actually no reason to raise rates given that we are still on course to remain within the 2pc CPI inflation target (according to BoE asssessment), but don't they know how annoying this is for the poor souls of HPC? :D "

Guest Bart of Darkness

I'm not surprised that rates were held today.

I was predicting a rise in July, however it may not come until August.

That's my prediction anyway, a 0.25% rise by the August meeting at the latest.

Feel free to remind me of this if nothing happens. :)

Edited by Bart of Darkness