House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

U K Manufacturing Down Sharply In April

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&ar...&action=article

LONDON (AFX) - The UK manufacturing sector suffered an unexpected setback in April after enjoying its best performance in 11 months in the previous month, official figures showed today.
The office for National Statistics revealed that manufacturing output fell a seasonally-adjusted 0.2 pct in April from the previous month, against an unrevised 0.7 pct rise in March and expectations of a 0.3 pct increase.
The April decline was the weakest performance since October 2005's 0.7 pct fall
and stands in marked contrast to a raft of surveys indicating that the beleaguered sector is enjoying a marked improvement in fortunes.
The statistics office said there were no significant rises within manufacturing during April. The main decline was registered by the paper, printing and publishing industries, which saw a 1.3 pct fall in output.
On a year-on-year basis, NS said there was a 0.5 pct rise in April, lower than expectations of a 0.7 pct rise.

Not much underpinning for house prices onh this news?

That's weak employment, falling manufacturing and higher IR coming. A recipe for a HPC if ever there was one. Things will be especially grim Upnorth.

Ok what is going on, 3 days ago (yes three days!) we had this headline: UK manufacturing at 10-year high (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5047438.stm) now we are told there was another dip?

They can't both be true, well outside of the world of statistics where you can prove whatever you are trying to!

:blink:

Edited by erd

This will just mean another excuse not to raise rates. The wait and see approach will carry on and asset bubbles will continue to bubble away.

Not much underpinning for house prices onh this news?

That's weak employment, falling manufacturing and higher IR coming. A recipe for a HPC if ever there was one. Things will be especially grim Upnorth.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You make me laugh. There is nothing good for house prices IYO as expressed here on this forum.

THAT SIMPLY PROVES YOU TO BE WRONG, STUPID, IGNORANT AND SINGLE MINDED BEYOND BELIEF as the fact that HPI continues IS THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE EVIDENCE OF YOUR MASSIVE ERROR OF JUDGEMENT.

I will admit that you actually put effort into your posting and that MAKES IT EVEN WORSE because you are WASTING PRECIOUS TIME that you could spend bettering yourself in this competetive world that we live in.

I respect your right to waste your effort though, we need people who don't mind renting for years and years.

You make me laugh. There is nothing good for house prices IYO as expressed here on this forum.

THAT SIMPLY PROVES YOU TO BE WRONG, STUPID, IGNORANT AND SINGLE MINDED BEYOND BELIEF as the fact that HPI continues IS THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE EVIDENCE OF YOUR MASSIVE ERROR OF JUDGEMENT.

I will admit that you actually put effort into your posting and that MAKES IT EVEN WORSE because you are WASTING PRECIOUS TIME that you could spend bettering yourself in this competetive world that we live in.

I respect your right to waste your effort though, we need people who don't mind renting for years and years.

only time can tell who is wrong and who is right. by the way I am always right :)

Touch of anger creaping in perhaps?? :rolleyes: