House Price Crash Forum

Whats Spooked Taylor Woodrow?

HOLA441
HOLA442

TWOD - down 4.72% today!!

Thats almost 1/20th of the stock value wiped out this morning.

twod.jpg

I know that all markets seem to be getting hammered, but what is causing the builders stocks to get whacked even harder than the background market??

Who cares ?????

:lol::lol:

TB

HOLA443

Who cares ?????

:lol::lol:

TB

I do! @ non-FTBer, please can you let me know the web page you pulled this from and if you know if this is just Taylor Woodrow - or the whole new build market? I'm really not very farmiliar with the stockmarket so may need a bit of an idiots guide.

Thanks

X

HOLA444
Guest The_Oldie

I do! @ non-FTBer, please can you let me know the web page you pulled this from and if you know if this is just Taylor Woodrow - or the whole new build market? I'm really not very farmiliar with the stockmarket so may need a bit of an idiots guide.

Thanks

X

BARRATT DEV PLC (BDEV.L)At 9:52AM : 839.00 p 42.00 (4.77%)

BERKELEY GRP UTS (BKG.L)At 9:51AM : 1,065.00 p 38.00 (3.45%)

G WIMPEY PLC (WMPY.L)At 9:52AM : 407.50 p 20.00 (4.68%)

PERSIMMON PLC (PSN.L)At 9:53AM : 1,104.00 p 46.00 (4.00%)

TAYLOR WOODROW (TWOD.L)At 9:52AM : 303.25 p 14.50 (4.56%)

HOLA445

Thanks

X

All builders seem to be getting hit this morning, whether it will continue I don't know.

I don't actually watch the builders too closely.

Try FT.com for a good analytical charting engine, and data source.

Summary of a few builders today:

* TWOD: -4.56%

* WMPY: -4.57%

* BVS (Bovis): -2.89%

* BDEV (Barratt): -4.61%

* PSN (Persimmon): -4.00%

FTSE is down 2% ish, so most of the big builders stocks seem to have lost 2.5% more than the overall FTSE falls.

HOLA446

A lot of the stock market volatility is caused by the financial guys wising up to the end of cheap money.

For some reason, they have been in denial about this and the effects of it until recently.

With a global house price bubble and rising interest rates - finance costs, builders are looking like a very bad investment.

As is property in general.

People on here have been predicting most of this for months before the so called "experts" even realised what was happening.

Very bad for UK property though all this :lol:

Oh dear, that is what 80% of our pathetic economy is based on, so we may be in for a choppy few years :lol:

Can only go up though, right?

Edited by BubbleTurbo

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

TWOD - down 4.72% today!!

I know that all markets seem to be getting hammered, but what is causing the builders stocks to get whacked even harder than the background market??

Looking at the 12 month picture http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=TWOD.L&...l=on&z=m&q=l&c= it got a huge 50% spike, so not surprising that it has gone back down. Question should be why did it go up so much in response to a 1/4% drop in interest rates?

It is not alone though, the other builders equally took on large leaps and have been in retreat ever since.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

waiting for gordon brown is making his face purple as by the time TB lets him in. rising IRs will be here.

leaving gb to waffle and huff his way around number 10, while houses and economic miracles fall around.

if it wasnt so serious, it would be funny.

Its still funny. :lol:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413