House Price Crash Forum

Pension Providers With A Gold Fund?

crudeFool

HOLA441

Hi

I've got two pensions, one with L&G the other with Scot Eq. I've transferred all my money into cash funds at the moment, as I think rocky times are ahead in the markets. I want to move some of my pension money into both physical gold and gold shares and need to find a pension provider who has funds available to do this - anyone know of any?

I could do this myself using a SIPP, but would rather take the easy option and use a provider - if non are available, I'll open a SIPP. I have around 60K in the funds at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

crude.

HOLA442

Hi

I've got two pensions, one with L&G the other with Scot Eq. I've transferred all my money into cash funds at the moment, as I think rocky times are ahead in the markets. I want to move some of my pension money into both physical gold and gold shares and need to find a pension provider who has funds available to do this - anyone know of any?

I could do this myself using a SIPP, but would rather take the easy option and use a provider - if non are available, I'll open a SIPP. I have around 60K in the funds at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

crude.

Hargreaves Lansdown have SIPPs where you can buy funds at 0% dealing costs. You could then buy into the M&G Gold General Trust fund. They also have no annual charges. Their share dealing costs are higher though, and I suppose you could open a SIPP with a different cheaper provider as well if you wanted to do individual share dealing. As for physical gold, I'm also looking for a SIPP that would allow this, but haven't found one yet.

HOLA443

Hargreaves Lansdown have SIPPs where you can buy funds at 0% dealing costs. You could then buy into the M&G Gold General Trust fund. They also have no annual charges. Their share dealing costs are higher though, and I suppose you could open a SIPP with a different cheaper provider as well if you wanted to do individual share dealing. As for physical gold, I'm also looking for a SIPP that would allow this, but haven't found one yet.

Thanks for the response - I was hoping to use a traditional personal pension to achieve this. I don't think I'll get too far...

With a SIPP, for physical gold, couldn't you just buy shares in Gold Bullion Securities (GBS.L)? I thought the SIPP was pretty flexible in the share types you can invest in?

Regards,

crude.

HOLA444

Yep you can buy any shares on a registered stock exchange, so in theory you could probably also trade US Gold tracking shares / ETFs and other international shares

HOLA445

Thanks for the response - I was hoping to use a traditional personal pension to achieve this. I don't think I'll get too far...

You could use Merchant Investors and I could possibly/probably arrange for them to bring on either ML gold or Ruffer Baker Steel's gold (the latter guys set up MLs fund!).

http://www.merchant-investors.co.uk/main/index.aspx

HTH fp :)