House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpidding

Ryanair....the Evil Airline?

Heard that the shares traded yesterday at £6.66 (on 6th-6th-2006)

They are pants to fly....trouble is they have monopolies on some routes I use.

JP.

Thanks guys. I just booked my holiday flights with them last night.

It was cheap though! :lol:

Do you value the pound in your pocket more than the safety of your family?

TW11, I would use another C word to describe Michael O'Reilly. The contempt and arrogance which he displays against his customers is incredible. Apart from being taken to court for charging disabled passengers to use a wheelchair he turfed off a flight blind people some time ago. His excuse, they were not properly supervised.

My wife and I flew with his seedy horrible airline once, never again. We flew out from Stansted to Baden Baden. No problem with the outbound flight. Coming back was a different story. Without warning our return flight was cancelled because of fog. At 11.15 pm we, along with approx 100 other passengers were bundled out of the airport to make our own way home. These passengers included pensioners and young children. This was on a Thursday night, the next available Ryan Air flight was on the following Wednesday. Ridiculous. There was no Ryan air staff to help us, no refreshments, no accomodation offered. Unbelievable!

We went by train to Dortund then caught the following evening Easyjet flight back to Luton. We arrived home very tired, out of pocket, and then I had to get back to Stansted to retrieve my car.

Ryanair do offer very cheap flights, the catch is they quite often come with a price.

Caveat Emptor!

My wife and I flew with his seedy horrible airline once, never again. We flew out from Stansted to Baden Baden. No problem with the outbound flight. Coming back was a different story. Without warning our return flight was cancelled because of fog. At 11.15 pm we, along with approx 100 other passengers were bundled out of the airport to make our own way home. These passengers included pensioners and young children. This was on a Thursday night, the next available Ryan Air flight was on the following Wednesday. Ridiculous. There was no Ryan air staff to help us, no refreshments, no accomodation offered.

Unbelievable!

But surely if the flight is cancelled, it's Ryanair's responsibility to get you home? Surely they can't sell you a ticket, and then just refuse to fly you to your destination, can they?

Billy Shears

Hello Ringo. New legislation has come in that supposedly makes a budget airline behave more responsibly if they cancel a flight. Now, they have to provide accomodation and refreshments if this happens. In our case, which happened two years ago all they gave us back was a refund of our return flight. A grand sum of £33 for the two of us.

"So let me introduce to you, the one and only Billy Shears"

Excellent!