House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

A 70s Revival: "baptism Of Fire" For Bernanke

The BBC are reporting more falls in the worlds stock markets.

Markets beset by inflation fears

<Japanese shares have fallen to their lowest level for six months as inflation fears in the US continue to unsettle investors around the world.>

It seems that more articles are mentioning the 'S' word too!!

The market seems to be in sell mode no matter what, even good news will be interpreted as bad. Unless we get data that shows inflation easing a bit and growth remaining strong, I think the current bout of runny botty excitement will continue.

I don't think there's anything Bernanke can say to placate the markets.

Edit: I actually heard Evan Davies of the BBC talk about the effects of money supply on Radio 5 when I was driving home last night, blimey!!!

Edited by Golden Shower

Edit: I actually heard Evan Davies of the BBC talk about the effects of money supply on Radio 5 when I was driving home last night, blimey!!!

Heard it too , sounded to me like rates are going higher , get used to it.

D

If bernie the bolt didn't realize it was a 'poisoned chalic' when he took on the job he really is thicker than our very own TTRTR and NoDumScum****** combined...

Good morning number 1 chav. up early today - must be benefit day!!

All our commentators and gentlemen of the press have called for the much vaunted "soft landing" without really understanding what it entails, so what happens if you have a massive credit bubble that isn't allowed or cannot expand or contract? Yup, you have stagflation and it could run for years, there is no big jolt of pain that comes with a crash but instead the torture is dragged out for years on end just like the predicament in Japan.

The BoJ should have allowed a sharp correction and deflation cycle to shake out the mess and then reinflated, instead just did the latter and tried their hardest to prevent a correction, the patient still had the poison in their stomach, lingering for a decade, and then the medicines stopped working.

I guess we are lucky in that all this inflation will pass the UK by and our rates stay low! or so you would think reading most of the pieces being written.

:rolleyes: Inflation isn't like an express train that quickly blasts through never to be seen again, it's more like a snow ball slowing building up and up, or in our case a bloody great avalanche waiting to rip.