House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

2004: Bank's Manager Of The Year.

LOL!

Not the first and probably not the last. The mind boggles when you think of all the computing power, all the datatbases and how crap the whole system must be for this to be possible.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2214644,00.html

By David Lister, Scotland Correspondent

A HIGH street bank manager praised as a model employee swindled £21 million from his employer.

Donald MacKenzie, 45, who was named business manager of the year three times by the Royal Bank of Scotland, used his position to create hundreds of false accounts to which he lent millions of pounds. He used some of the money to pay personal bills and even to settle the account of a rugby club where he was treasurer.

At one point MacKenzie, who lived at one of Edinburgh’s most prestigious addresses, had set up more than 1,200 suspected false accounts and was said by police to be operating a “bank within a bank”

LOL!

Not the first and probably not the last. The mind boggles when you think of all the computing power, all the datatbases and how crap the whole system must be for this to be possible.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2214644,00.html

By David Lister, Scotland Correspondent

A HIGH street bank manager praised as a model employee swindled £21 million from his employer.

Donald MacKenzie, 45, who was named business manager of the year three times by the Royal Bank of Scotland, used his position to create hundreds of false accounts to which he lent millions of pounds. He used some of the money to pay personal bills and even to settle the account of a rugby club where he was treasurer.

At one point MacKenzie, who lived at one of Edinburgh’s most prestigious addresses, had set up more than 1,200 suspected false accounts and was said by police to be operating a “bank within a bank”

Great, they paid him a big fat bonus for lending money to himself via false accounts - employee of the year :lol:

Great, they paid him a big fat bonus for lending money to himself via false accounts - employee of the year :lol:

I worked for several years at a global investment bank where several hundred million pounds could not be accounted for (and that was in one small London based business unit). Every area of this organisation had no idea of the true state of their finances. Complex businesses grew quickly, got out of control and never got fixed. It was a culture of denial (or at least, move on to another bank and start with a clean slate if you couldn't sort the mess out).

the great rock and bank swindle. 1979

People said they couldn't pay

The all lost their good jobs

And the only notes that really count

Are the ones that come in wads

They all frowned when books turned blue

'Cos he didn't give a loss

Theiving banks, ain't nothing new

but they lost cash from the chaos

The time is right to do it now

The greatest RBOS swindle

CPI. had got out of hand

And they gave FTBs the boot

But they couldn't rob us, just like that

for only four walls and a roof.

Thank you kindly gordon brown

for pricing us out of our towns

But it wont add up with 12 months work

for £25,000 pounds

The greatest capitalist swindle

I just wanna pay like my gran

in a house, good enough for me

Hiya boys I'm the first time one

Can't you focking see

I'm a jealous bod and I want everything

And I pay it with my life

I'll take loans, if they are on tv

And I'll even lend out my wife

The greatest RBOS swindle

The time is right for NuLabour's Special

The greatest economic star

The time is right for gb, now!

tony blairs got a luggage label tied to his tonsils.

john prescott with a parking ticket stuck to his asshole.

john reid. department face transplant.

jack straw crawling all over the blackburn floor for a dollar.