House Price Crash Forum
whiterabbit

White Flight The Reason For New Homes In Sw?

Interesting article, I think there is some truth in it as a few people I know have moved to SW because of immigration ruining their kids schools in the SE:

According to a report from the unelected EU quango calling itself the South West Regional Assembly (SWRA), almost 500,000 new homes are needed in the Westcountry just to keep up with demand! The report claims that this huge house-building programme is needed if Westcountry counties are going to satisfy the housing demand predicted for the next twenty years.

”So what’s driving this huge and sustained demand for new housing?” asks our Dorset British National Party correspondent (as though he doesn't already know the answer)!

Our correspondent asks because the answer to this question hardly shouts from within the pages of the SWRA report! Indeed all they appear to say is that ”the South West was one of the fastest growing of all the English regions.”

The SWRA’s perceived reluctance in offering up an answer to this rather obvious question is suspicious – after all the Westcountry, with its greater than average number of pensioners, is an unlikely part of the country to be experiencing a massive baby boom we feel.

White-flight and immigration seen to be cause.

The fact of the matter is that the Westcountry is not experiencing a baby boom but is in receipt of a considerable flow of people drifting away from the great urban centres of the West Midlands and London. These are the people who simply don’t want to live in these increasingly alien areas. These people are known as “white-flighters” – that description says it all really!

But there is a great deal more to the issue that just the degree of “white-flight” to date!

It was widely reported last year that government demographers have predicted the population of Britain is going to increase by an unnatural, unnecessary and destructive six million souls over the next twenty years – of which five million will be accounted for through mass immigration and births to those already settled here! This massive influx, which will impact most on urban Britain, will inevitably continue to drive the “white-flight” phenomenon – making the need for a massive supply of new affordable housing in the Westcountry necessary.

The unspoken threat.

The SWRA doesn’t mention this factor (or any as far as we are aware) for reasons that are entirely obvious!

But it is not only the SWRA that is being “economical with the truth” – none of the main political parties or the various “lefty” environmentalist groups and charities that claim to be protective of our rural environment and countryside are saying anything either. Indeed, whilst all broadly acknowledge the need for this massive housing programme and seek to mitigate for it by demanding building on "brown sites" as far as possible - none are prepared to name immigration as the main driving factor behind it! None, that is, apart from the BNP - which is alone in citing mass-immigration as the main motor fuelling the mass building programme – the biggest threat to our environment and quality of life over the period concerned bar none!

But it is not only the SWRA that is being “economical with the truth” – none of the main political parties or the various “lefty” environmentalist groups and charities that claim to be protective of our rural environment and countryside are saying anything either.

There certainly is overtones of this in some nimby/eco literature, part of the drawbridge mentality involves a 'barbarians at the gates' outlook. Nimbyism can often be construed as an acceptable form of racism in some cases, sometimes laughably so.

For example, this FoE group would like "low population growth", I'm not sure if that's a veiled way of saying "no foreigners here" or demands for forced expulsions of children once they've grown up to ensure they don't establish themselves in their home towns, a logical extension of this is to encourage sterilization to ensure no 'problems' arise in the first place, what do their demands mean in reality? Where do they want people to live, it all seems quite misanthropic, especially so given our aging demographics.

You can see this in other things, nimbies have opposed the building of a reservoir in South Oxfordshire for over a decade and we're starting to see the fall-out from this, but who gets the blame? Bloody foreigners drinking our water.

The nimbies can't have their cake and eat it, this is paralleled to economic growth, the government too must decide what's to be done.

There certainly is overtones of this in some nimby/eco literature, part of the drawbridge mentality involves a 'barbarians at the gates' outlook. Nimbyism can often be construed as an acceptable form of racism in some cases, sometimes laughably so.

For example, this FoE group would like "low population growth", I'm not sure if that's a veiled way of saying "no foreigners here" or demands for forced expulsions of children once they've grown up to ensure they don't establish themselves in their home towns, a logical extension of this is to encourage sterilization to ensure no 'problems' arise in the first place, what do their demands mean in reality? Where do they want people to live, it all seems quite misanthropic, especially so given our aging demographics.

You can see this in other things, nimbies have opposed the building of a reservoir in South Oxfordshire for over a decade and we're starting to see the fall-out from this, but who gets the blame? Bloody foreigners drinking our water.

The nimbies can't have their cake and eat it, this is paralleled to economic growth, the government too must decide what's to be done.

What the heck do you do for a living BB that allows you to make an average of 14 posts a day?? You must either work for TTRTR or are a civil servant? :D

What the heck do you do for a living BB that allows you to make an average of 14 posts a day?? You must either work for TTRTR or are a civil servant? :D

I don't work for TTRTR, the beating of rent out of tenants is rather too onerous for my liking. <_<

Whenever I'm watching the dojis I do a few quick replies on here resulting in all the hideous grammatical errors.

14 posts would be rather poor for a civil servant...

I think there is truth to this, but Exeter at least has had a steady influx of immigrants too, and also had the MET office move there with 1000 workers and presumably some growth in support services. In places like Tiverton there is also growth of immigrant population into some of the jobs that white people don't want to do.

The mother of a friend of mine manages a poultry processing factory and has had criticism for employing them, but she'd tried to get locals previously with no success. Not that the wages were so bad, but that there is a snobbery about the work, mostly from Chav scum who are more likely to degrade the poor animals they would process than the other way round.

Also got to remember that there's a large black and Asian population in Bristol. Lots of Yardie crack dealers from Jamaica impregnating white trash to get the right to stay (it was a Chav fashion for a while it seems), but also a pretty decent general population too, and I think the diverse wonders of the **** shop are a well established part of british life for most people. I'd miss them if I went so far SW it was traded for the village shop with some fat, curly haired, red faced old bitch talking ****** to the vicar about her cat or whatever, while keeping you waiting as though it's their god given right, and a duty, to impose their own pace of life upon all others. Part of the service.

Got a lot of white trash too. Particularly in Exeter, where there is a big booze culture, worse than Bristol, and a fair bit of dropping out to "av a baybee" too, like that was the cure to their apathy, meaningless and utterly futile existence.

The main problem in this country is that welfare has become a surrogate father, discipline has become a dirty word, rights are everywhere, responsibility is a joke, the weak, lame, crippled, retards, and various other deficiencies are the key to bleeding dry everything healthy and successful, stupidity is learnt (in school) to be advantageous in acceptance by others, various herd mentalities are paramount (football, drinking, discussing the events from Big Brother), and those that in another era would be caught and eaten by lions are subsidised in their rutting to displace the demographics towards the inferior and idiotic and multi-generational unemployed. Welfare should mean contraception and community service.

Oh, and this is a WHITE creation. Bird flu is an Asian one, I pray that it gets imported to clean up this mess - in the absense of un-natural selection that might actually advance the race, I'd settle for natural selection to disrupt the current un-natural selection that favours the inferior. I'm not asking for certain German policies to be revisited, just incentives to do well, advance the culture/race/civilisation, and the chance to be able to AFFORD to breed and do this, rather than being continually screwed for tax to support the scum that hate everything good that comes of intellect, effort and patience.

Jeez, should set up a misanthropy forum - chavpopulationcrash.co.uk or something... rant over.

all i hear in my head when reading posts like the OP is blah blah blah be afraid blah blah blah.

When the economy takes a downturn then all these nasty little immigrants will leave the shores, pesky bloody immigrants pesky doctors and dentists, pesky market traders, pesky people who will work harder for less money than me, pesky people who dont acknowledge our divine right to have better things than them, pesky pesky immigrants lets fear them all they will take over the world.

How the hell would you like to be born into poverty and not be able to do any thing about it because you were born a differnt land mass. You cant work for 16 hours a day for less pay then the other people on a differnt land mass because they will get annoyed that your making them look lazy and they might lose thier job.

Not to be confused with lay about scum that come from other countries but thats not an immigration thing that s a human thing, there are more 'english' scroungers on this rock that we should be sorting out.

Misdirected anger and being stupid to the ways things are around them.

You better run, you better sell while you can

Don't wanna see no chavs, or hear a transit van

You wanna still be posh, better do what you can

So beat it, but you wanna a good price

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

No one nimby left, all retreated

Showin' how sudden and full is your flight

It doesn't matter if you cant fight

Just beat it, beat it

Just beat it, beat it

Just beat it, beat it

They're out to rob you, theyve been drinking their cans

Don't wanna be a badboy, dont wanna shag their mam.

You wanna stay middle class, better do what you can

So beat it, just leave it

You have to show them that you're really not scared

You say you call a policeman, but the parents dont care

They'll kick you and they beat you,

and tell you it was gyppos from the fair

So beat it, but you wanna a fast sale.

Not one nimby left, all retreated

It doesn't matter who shouts at night

Just beat it, leave it, beat it, nimby retreated.

[ripon based guitar solo by smell the fear]

White-fight? But the BBC and Blair tell me "Britains are proud of their multi-cutural society" and all races love to live together in happy harmony..... :blink:

This article is no surprise really - its just like whats happened in the US - as blacks moved into the inner city areas, whites moved out the to suburbs. The result is inner-city ghetos which are 100% black, and leafy suburbs which are mostly white.

Great to hear 500,000 extra homes need building in the SW then..... I live 20 miles out of Bristol and the roads are totally inadequate for current traffic volumes. Then you have the M5 in the summer which becomes a carpark. I dont see how the infrastructure could cope with so many extra people.

All’s fine whilst local people have food on the table and a roof over their head with the chance of a job to go to but if as I suspect the economy takes a nosedive then locals should come first, after all it’s their country and if the huge number of immigrants flooding our shore do not move on to pastures new than I can see a lot of the current anger being released.

The people of Britain are not to blame for the situation, government has been cooking the figures on immigrants for the past decade but eventually it became plane for all to see we have been deceived.

“White flight” is a natural reaction and groups of immigrants sticking together is also quite normal but I don’t think it’s right to then subsidise the immigrant area more than others just because they all vote Labour as is the case in Leicester.

The above post is accurate. The so called "white flight" is no more than a demographic shift. The exact same thing has been happening in our former colony (the US) for decades. As the inner cities have been taken over by immigrant groups who tend to associate with fellow immigrants the indigenous population tends to move out to the suburbs or less populated parts of the country. In the US today there is a "white flight" to the far NW and the Atlantic Seaboard States (NC, SC, GA) where previously lightly populated areas are booming.

The same trend is happening in the UK which no doubt accounts for the considerable housing pressures felt in the West Country.

Tony Blair's "multi-cultural" Britain is becoing a reality but I am not sure it will look like what he had in mind for us. Rather than people blending to become a unified population we will see a literal "multi-cultural" society with the various groups sharing different goals and ideals--even different languages. Whether this is good or bad only time will tell. The one thing for certain is that this country is being forever changed and the Briotain of the post WW2 years has dissappeared. The US will have a majority of Hispanics within 25 years (the African-American population is hardly growing) and Britain may similarly find its indigenous population becoming one or more of the immigrant groups that have the highest birth rates. Latvians?

The above post is accurate. The so called "white flight" is no more than a demographic shift. The exact same thing has been happening in our former colony (the US) for decades. As the inner cities have been taken over by immigrant groups who tend to associate with fellow immigrants the indigenous population tends to move out to the suburbs or less populated parts of the country. In the US today there is a "white flight" to the far NW and the Atlantic Seaboard States (NC, SC, GA) where previously lightly populated areas are booming.

The same trend is happening in the UK which no doubt accounts for the considerable housing pressures felt in the West Country.

Tony Blair's "multi-cultural" Britain is becoing a reality but I am not sure it will look like what he had in mind for us. Rather than people blending to become a unified population we will see a literal "multi-cultural" society with the various groups sharing different goals and ideals--even different languages. Whether this is good or bad only time will tell. The one thing for certain is that this country is being forever changed and the Briotain of the post WW2 years has dissappeared. The US will have a majority of Hispanics within 25 years (the African-American population is hardly growing) and Britain may similarly find its indigenous population becoming one or more of the immigrant groups that have the highest birth rates. Latvians?

The migration of many former residents of the Midlands and the SE of England to the West country,Wales and Scotland has undoubtedly had an effect of HPI over the past 5 years or so. Prices in these areas are now as high if not higher than in commuterland.

"White flight" has occurred before in this country - look at London. There are a lot of areas which were clearly built to house the middle to upper-middle classes which subsequently fell into ghetto status. Many have now reverted to their original status as they have been "gentrified".

I'm sure there was also a flight from the east end of london into essex - which is why so many essex folk are dodgy geezer-like cockney types.

I'm thinking of areas like Islington, clapham, Wandsworth and I'm sure there are a lot of others. Does anyone know more about the history of this phenomenon in London?

I'm thinking of areas like Islington, clapham, Wandsworth and I'm sure there are a lot of others. Does anyone know more about the history of this phenomenon in London?

no, but I live in an area (E5) which has some grand old housing of high quality and plenty of space.

However, much of it has been converted into HMOs - what were previously very good family homes are now nothing of the kind. Whether they can be re-converted if/when peak oil means that suburban living becomes impossible remains to be seen.

No - Don't agree.

Second home owners have put the pressure on hose prices in the West Country. Most young people with an education in the South West leave to find gainfull employment.

Believe what you want but I've yet to meet anyone in Cornwall who came here to get away from immigrants.

Believe what you want but I've yet to meet anyone in Cornwall who came here to get away from immigrants.

yeah most of them seem to wind up on here :D

You better run, you better sell while you can

Don't wanna see no chavs, or hear a transit van

You wanna still be posh, better do what you can

So beat it, but you wanna a good price

No one nimby left, all retreated

It doesn't matter if you cant fight

Just beat it, beat it

Just beat it, beat it

Just beat it, beat it

They're out to rob you, theyve been drinking their cans

Don't wanna be a badboy, dont wanna shag their mam.

You wanna stay middle class, better do what you can

So beat it, just leave it

You have to show them that you're really not scared

You say you call a policeman, but the parents dont care

They'll kick you and they beat you,

and tell you it was gyppos from the fair

So beat it, but you wanna a fast sale.

Not one nimby left, all retreated

It doesn't matter who shouts at night

Just beat it, leave it, beat it, nimby retreated.

[ripon based guitar solo by smell the fear]

Excellent! :lol:

no, but I live in an area (E5) which has some grand old housing of high quality and plenty of space.

However, much of it has been converted into HMOs - what were previously very good family homes are now nothing of the kind. Whether they can be re-converted if/when peak oil means that suburban living becomes impossible remains to be seen.

This is happening in my area at a rapid rate. Terraced working class homes near the town centre are being snapped up by slumlords to rent as rooms. Ironic, as a few years ag, these homes were being bought from under the noses of the working class by priced-out young professionals - and now a little while later they are turning into cramped slums.

I have nothing against planned, controlled immigration. If we had the space, the resources and the need I'd love to welcome more people to the UK as it's a great place that absorbs its immigrants better than any other country on earth.

What I do have a problem with is the utterly massive LEGAL immigration which seems to have been utterly unplanned for, and it's ordinary people who have to pick up the pieces and struggle while the ultra-rich reap the benefits of an influx of cheap labour.

Edited by CrashedOutAndBurned

What I do have a problem with is the utterly massive LEGAL immigration which seems to have been utterly unplanned for, and it's ordinary people who have to pick up the pieces and struggle while the ultra-rich reap the benefits of an influx of cheap labour.

... and run off to the countryside!

Edited by BuyingBear

No - Don't agree.

Second home owners have put the pressure on hose prices in the West Country. Most young people with an education in the South West leave to find gainfull employment.

Must disagree here, I guess a lot depends on how old people are however I work for a large consultancy in London and we have had 3 people (in their late 30s to mid 40s) that I know of sell their London homes and move to the Helston area who now telecomute and travel in now and again. All three have families and cited schools and immigration as main reasons for moving. From what I understand they can save on school fees by moving out of the SE so its even worth taking 30k plus paycuts to do so if you have 2 children or more. A lot of second home owners are also buying now and planning to talk their employers into letting them work from home at a later date and hoping they can make two payments in the mean time.

Time to add my two Euros worth, this "white flight" phenomenon ie migration from the inner cities to the suburbs or countryside started happening long before we had non-Aryan migration to this country. It is called social mobility. That is, when the working class improve themselves they move to middle class areas. Nowadays, we tend to associate working class areas with black areas or brown areas. I know of bNP supporter who moved out of a working class area for racial reasons only to move to a middle class areas that had more Packees and silverbacks. If you say that the whites are racially aware how can the BNP say that the race mixing is designing the master race gene pool?