House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice

Ufo’s Conference Creating A Stir.

I found this link very interesting as it reminded me of the time I lived with my parents in a penthouse flat. This position afforded excellent views of the night sky(Not a benefit ever mention by estate agents)

As a semi keen astronomer, it was useful as an observatory. I didn’t own much equipment but usually used a pair of quality 10 x 50 binoculars on a tri pod.

I became familiarised with the constellations and movements of the planets, best observed during events of high pressure systems during winter(b****y cold)

Excuse my geek ness, but at intolerably cold times I could comfortable use the binoculars freehand leaning against the window trained at bout seventy degrees elevation. (please note elevation, not at the windows opposite.)

In the winter and spring of 1977. I noticed but didn’t bother to make a log after pointing the binoculars for a few minutes at any patch of sky, I noticed in what appeared to be in the upper atmosphere points of light of various magnitudes transverse the sky at constant speed. These lights would travel mostly from due east to west, north to south mostly and many other points of the compass.

Although, this was 1977 an explanation of this activity could mainly be put down to space debris albeit there was a lot less then than there is today.

During this period I could choose any moment during the evening and night, at any elevation and see at least four of these objects within 5 minutes or so.

At that rate there must have been thousands or millions of these objects during that time. But for me the scary bit for me was that one night. I saw one object travel east to west in relation to me, and another from north-west to south-east. Within the field of view of my binoculars they both seemed to collide and the one travelling east-west attached itself to the one travelling at a tangent and the pair carried on in unison without reducing speed or direction. It was no slow or careful docking procedure but instant. Very similar reports as from the witness mentioned in the video.

Since I moved from my parents and got a life so to speak I have never bothered to follow this up mainly because I now live in a hopelessly built up area dogged by light pollution.

I hope I have conveyed this experience to your understanding

WMFH

I hope I have conveyed this experience to your understanding

WMFH

Foxy, its as if i was actually there with you :)

name='wheresmyfoxhole' date='Jun 7 2006, 03:33 PM' post='395115']

Although, this was 1977 an explanation of this activity could mainly be put down to space debris albeit there was a lot less then than there is today.

Or maybe you just saw some plane, boring old satelites?

I once had what I can only explain as a f*cking awsome experience - just to explain i am skeptical about anything UFO - in-fact skeptical is a bit mild really but one night I saw something that I could only explain as being UFO's!

Looking directly above, I think near the const. cassiopia, a single point of light appeared, no big deal I assumed this was another sattelite. before I looked away, another similar light appeared, maybe a fingers width behind the first - things were getting interesting now! The thought of it being a satelite was beginning to fade rather quickly. I new the lights didn't belong to a high flying aircraft, maybe afterburners? not likely - The last thing you see with aircraft are strobes, which flash - also I figured the size of these pin-***** lights gave the impression of very high altitude, and no aircraft would appear to move that quickly so high up!

When a third light appeared, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! The fact they also formed a perfect triangle and were moving in unison accros the sky had me gobsmacked and transfixed. What the hell was I whitnessing here?

Anyway, after a lot of research it turned out that what I saw was perhaps not quite as exciting as UFO's, but offically didn't exist until the late 90's and is still in partial denial now, which I guess makes it just as exciting!

If there is one thing that it has taught me however is that there is a lot of sh!t going on that must quite often be mistakingly reported as a UFO but actually has an explanation - officially or otherwise.

For those interested - I saw this - I don't expect to see it again though.

Thanks for that The Chuz . It’s no difficulty for me to imagine having the pleasure of you standing next to me clutching a pair of the finest 7 x 50 prismatics. But I must hasten to warn you I am a bloke and hate for you to finish up with a handful of B****X and not just reader of it.

Winners and Losers thought I was a girl, I don’t know why people get this impression. Maybe it’s this lovely Tea dress I happen to be wearing.

Ollk, thanks for your reply, I can tell that you have quite a knowledge of the night sky and the activity therein, so I take what you say with great interest. Your explanation of satellites does fit in well. Back in 1977 and after the Guardian used to publish satellite predictions on their weather page. I don’t know if they do now, but the link you provided is very useful in leading the way to find websites that do.

I have to be honest with myself and agree that in this instance that this could be well the case.

I did have a similar experience, but this was something spooky I witnessed in the lower atmosphere, but it would be very difficult to relate without diagrams and posting skills which I am not yet familiar with. Even though my best friend the Chuz may think I am well capable. I would not attempt it unless pressed by those who are genuinely interested

Best regards

Foxy

Have any of you got any crazy UFO sightings caught on video (on the net) I can look at in amazement and be wowed?

Thanks for that The Chuz . It’s no difficulty for me to imagine having the pleasure of you standing next to me clutching a pair of the finest 7 x 50 prismatics. But I must hasten to warn you I am a bloke and hate for you to finish up with a handful of B****X and not just reader of it.

Winners and Losers thought I was a girl, I don’t know why people get this impression. Maybe it’s this lovely Tea dress I happen to be wearing.

Ollk, thanks for your reply, I can tell that you have quite a knowledge of the night sky and the activity therein, so I take what you say with great interest. Your explanation of satellites does fit in well. Back in 1977 and after the Guardian used to publish satellite predictions on their weather page. I don’t know if they do now, but the link you provided is very useful in leading the way to find websites that do.

I have to be honest with myself and agree that in this instance that this could be well the case.

I did have a similar experience, but this was something spooky I witnessed in the lower atmosphere, but it would be very difficult to relate without diagrams and posting skills which I am not yet familiar with. Even though my best friend the Chuz may think I am well capable. I would not attempt it unless pressed by those who are genuinely interested

Best regards

Foxy

you muppett i know your a bloke i didnt want to get it on with you :lol:

Best regards

Foxy

I think you will like www.heavens-above.com

maybe this one - www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch although money is running dry here and may not be around much longer, and with solar activity at minimum at the mo, you are VERY unlikely to see anything! Only worth subscribing if you are outside the light pollution of a city tho.

Oh, and www.spaceweather.com is pretty interesting as well!