House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nodumsunreader

Just Do It!

Now more than any time in history, with the internet, people have the opportunity to 'spread the word' on any particular subject they have an interest in. If as many believe, house prices are driven by sentiment, then why instead of people posting here about how unfair it all is, do they not flood other popular message boards with anti HPI stories? In the same way that pyramid selling works, if 10 people tell ten people x 10x10 x10 etc etc then you will soon begin to sow the seed of doubt.

Edited by nodumsunreader

Guest The_Oldie

Now more than any time in history, with the internet, people have the opportunity to 'spread the word' on any particular subject they have an interest in. If as many believe, house prices are driven by sentiment, then why instead of people posting here about how unfair it all is, do they not flood other popular message boards with anti HPI stories? In the same way that pyramid selling works, if 10 people tell ten people x 10x10 x10 etc etc then you will soon begin to sow the seed of doubt.

Like you do on this forum :rolleyes:.

has it been tried?

its like a BTL comming on here and telling us to buy now

we cant as we are priced out, or its silly money

We just dont want to hear it

And they become trolls

If we go to signing pig or MSE and start telling people theres a crash comming they dont want to hear it, as its not in their interests or it is not likely (to them)

Home owners dont want to know that their BTL properties are going to fall 30%

Edited by notanewmember

I thought 'DICK BASTARDLY' was the thickest poster on this board, but then I'm reminded of that ameoba-sized intellect regularly demonstrated by 'NoBumScumBleeder' who truly must qualify for the now vacant Property Guru crown of 'World's Most Stupid Man'.

Just out of interest, why do you come here?

I thought 'DICK BASTARDLY' was the thickest poster on this board, but then I'm reminded of that ameoba-sized intellect regularly demonstrated by 'NoBumScumBleeder' who truly must qualify for the now vacant Property Guru crown of 'World's Most Stupid Man'.

That's it - let it all out

Just out of interest, why do you come here?

I am doing a PHD in human behaviour when faced with situations they are unable to control.

Ah good afternoon number 1 Chav. How are the england flags flying today?

And just like a pyramid selling scam it (the market) will collapse, ultimately. I don't believe we need to 'spread the word' as people will believe what they want - I grew tired ages ago of trying to reason with friends, etc. about the fundamentals of cyclical markets. In fact, let more people buy now and further inflate the bubble... <_<

I've tried!

My few remaining friends regard me as a crank, people shun me and cross the road when they see me coming.

Seriously though, it's any interesting point but peoples brains seemed to be wired in such a way that they cannot accept prices can fall. When I mention to people that there house will probably fall in value they look at me as if I'd called their kids fat c**ts.

I've tried!

My few remaining friends regard me as a crank, people shun me and cross the road when they see me coming.

Seriously though, it's any interesting point but peoples brains seemed to be wired in such a way that they cannot accept prices can fall. When I mention to people that there house will probably fall in value they look at me as if I'd called their kids fat c**ts.

Precisely the reason why I don't bother any more. Only yesterday a friend told me how she was getting married, moving in with hubby and letting her place out, even though its rent would barely cover the INTEREST ONLY mortgage. She kept saying things like "because in 5 years time it'll be worth xxx..." and "...yes, but by then it will have gone up in value by xxx..."

I just smiled and said good luck. I am fed up being the 'voice of doom' in their eyes...let 'em hang!

;)