House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DICKDASTARDLY

Never Gonna Happen

Lets face facts now, Theres no house price crash around the corner, Even if prices started to fall tommorow, it would take years and years to a return to traditional income based levels. Anyone who cannot afford a house here and now probaly never will. (Myself included) Maybe up to two years ago there was plenty of evidence pointing to a correction, but no longer. Prices are still rising so lets face the music and dance

Guest The_Oldie

Lets face facts now, Theres no house price crash around the corner, Even if prices started to fall tommorow, it would take years and years to a return to traditional income based levels. Anyone who cannot afford a house here and now probaly never will. (Myself included) Maybe up to two years ago there was plenty of evidence pointing to a correction, but no longer. Prices are still rising so lets face the music and dance

Thanks a million for that...... http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=31029&hl=

So if prices slip 5K in 2 years and I save 18K, thats 23K difference. When you factor in that some of the savings would've paid a minority of the house (most would go on interest) , probably more like 15-18K savings (depending on the size of the mortgage).

Isn't that worthwhile?

Anyone who cannot afford a house here and now probaly never will. (Myself included)

Well, obviously not never. If everyone who does not own a house now really does never buy one, in fifty or so years all houses will be abandoned properties, their owners having died. We just have to wait twnety years or so for the greedy sods to JUST DIE!

Guest Baffled_by_it_all

Can we just troll this fool? He's got nothing to add in the way of debate.

Guest Bart of Darkness

OR

Don't be stupid, be a smarty,

come and join the VI party

Thanks but I'll sit this one out if you don't mind.

Imagine we are a small band of soldiers in some foreign land, enemy all around. Dick has been shot in the leg and seriously wounded.

He is losing hope and fears the end is near. He says to leave him behind, he is hallucinating and delirious as we havent had a proper meal or drink for days.

Do we leave him behind ?

No ! Of course not

Now go in the corner and wash your mouth out soldier!!!!

comrades.gif

Edited by notanewmember

Can we just troll this fool? He's got nothing to add in the way of debate.

I can post whatever I like, if you dont like it, you dont have to read it, never mind reply. Has ANYONE got anything to add in the way of debate, Its all been done to death, and still the prices rise, while you go round and round in circles, like a herd of elephants

Now go in the corner and wash your mouth out soldier!!!!

comrades.gif

Do you want me to drop and give you twenty, while Im at it ?

I can post whatever I like, if you dont like it, you dont have to read it, never mind reply. Has ANYONE got anything to add in the way of debate, Its all been done to death, and still the prices rise, while you go round and round in circles, like a herd of elephants

Seriously - what prices are rising? Apart from NI, London and a few other suspects?

Prices around me (SW London) have gone nowhere in the last 2-3 years, they haven't gone up this year either. Prices in Somerset where my parents sold mid-2003 are only about 10% higher since then if that (<3% pa) and Halifax said Somerset prices were down 9% in 2005.

Just because prices haven't crashed yet - it does not mean that they won't, against many things that are happening in the UK and the world the chance of prices crashing is just getting higher.

things are not different this time.

Do you want me to drop and give you twenty, while Im at it ?

he'd probably be happy with just the one :)

Seriously - what prices are rising? Apart from NI, London and a few other suspects?

Prices around me (SW London) have gone nowhere in the last 2-3 years, they haven't gone up this year either. Prices in Somerset where my parents sold mid-2003 are only about 10% higher since then if that (<3% pa) and Halifax said Somerset prices were down 9% in 2005.

Just because prices haven't crashed yet - it does not mean that they won't, against many things that are happening in the UK and the world the chance of prices crashing is just getting higher.

things are not different this time.

he'd probably be happy with just the one :)

I am in Manchester, north west, where I can assure you prices are still going up

The writings on the wall

Lets remind ourselves whats happening.

FTB rate is 7.8%. So there are thousands of people in the same predicament as you.

What do they do? They have no choice but to sit and wait.

During that time you could run up a load of debt and spend money like water and never have hope in buying, or you could patiently wait and save wisely

Look at all the newbuilds, as Sipps have crashed and burned, hundreds of these flats will be selling for massively reduced prices soon. Even if they sell to a BTLer and get the normal guaranteed 2 year 7% return paid by the developer, what happens at the end of that period? I doubt many will get tennants.

I do think it is comming and its not too far off, and it will be when we least expect it

Edited by notanewmember

DickMasticator is yet another of those sad wierdy fools who think they can 'see the future'.

If you really do have that power, mr Trollpants, why the hell havent you used it to make yourself rich?

Oh, because you are just thick.

In fact, Dickless, (can I call you that, or would you prefer 'Buttley'?) you are as thick as two thick halfbricks, stacked on top of each other, with a third thick brick on top for extra thickness, wrapped in a thick copy of 'Thickie Times' and sitting on top of a thick pile of thick things.

Thicko.

How can you say this with a straight face ?

When on another thread you have washed your laundry in public - and your parents house has gone up from £200K+ to £475K in this period ?

omg hes turned into a troll?!!

I think hes just lost his way - some news will come round the corner and he ll be bear soon enough

I never realised there was such a thing as the "troll sub forum" So anyone who dares to suggest there MIGHT just MIGHT NOT be a crash is branded a troll and banished accordingly. That only serves to reinforce my new found opinion. You're off your heads

Guest The_Oldie

I never realised there was such a thing as the "troll sub forum" So anyone who dares to suggest there MIGHT just MIGHT NOT be a crash is branded a troll and banished accordingly. That only serves to reinforce my new found opinion. You're off your heads

There are a number of posters here who suggest that there might not be a crash, they do not register multiple user names though.

Why has this thread been moved?

I am in Manchester - the data says the volume of sales is dropping and that prices are stagnant/dropping with small rises in FTB property (there will always be upward pressure here)

But despite what the data says (and it does lag behind) I have seen asking prices suddenly start rising and houses are selling.

Does this make me a troll too.

I have been a bear for a long time. I truly want a crash. I think one should happen (prices are just too high). The fundamentals say they should crash...common sense says they should crash - but they aren't.

I dont believe places like manchester and liverpool up north will fall yet. 2 bed terraces are still going for 50-70K which is dead cheap for a southern numpty like me. (here it is about 120K to 180K). Heck maybe I should use my deposit now and buy a BTL now up there.

Whats happening is people are buying BTL places using equity from homes in the south. Thats whats happening.

Edited by notanewmember

There are a number of posters here who suggest that there might not be a crash, they do not register multiple user names though.

Sorry doidnt realise you needed a sense of humour bypass to post here, just wondering why your still reading the thread though ?

Guest The_Oldie

Does this make me a troll too.

Have you registered under more than one user name? If so, yes. If not, no.

I am in Manchester, north west, where I can assure you prices are still going up

Thats only because banks ATM are allowing the BTL brigade to prop up the economy

Once REAL inflation/unemployment stops people servicing their repayments/purchasing and low wage inflation from immigration and outsourcing kicks in the whole things going to grind to a halt anyway

I'm watching the "streets of debt" thing tonight - should be interesting...

Edited by dnd

I dont believe places like manchester and liverpool up north will fall yet. 2 bed terraces are still going for 50-70K which is dead cheap for a southern numpty like me. (here it is about 120K to 180K). Heck maybe I should use my deposit now and buy a BTL now up there.

Whats happening is people are buying BTL places using equity from homes in the south. Thats whats happening.

Show me where you can a buy a terrcae for 50 -70 k ?

A 2 bed terrace near me (up north) costs between £160 - £190K...and still prices keep rising.

We don't have the economy to sustain this and I think sometime, in the future, prices will fall and the north will be hit hard. I just don't see any sign of it happening yet.

A 2 bed terrace near me (up north) costs between £160 - £190K...and still prices keep rising.

We don't have the economy to sustain this and I think sometime, in the future, prices will fall and the north will be hit hard. I just don't see any sign of it happening yet.

I kind of agree with you, but ive been telling myself that for 2 years, wheres he coming from with a terrace for 50 -70 k ?

Even 70 k is overpriced for a terraced slum