House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Fear In Both Camps

We have seen plenty of people on this website lose their nerve and buy. Anectodal evidence suggests that this fear is becoming a two way process. First some friends who rent had their rental house put up for sale. Now my own landlord has done the same. Its damned inconvenient and expensive. A curse on the landlord fraternity.

We have seen plenty of people on this website lose their nerve and buy. Anectodal evidence suggests that this fear is becoming a two way process. First some friends who rent had their rental house put up for sale. Now my own landlord has done the same. Its damned inconvenient and expensive. A curse on the landlord fraternity.

It may be expensive in the short term, but the BTL speculative 'froth' needs to be removed from the market to allow prices to return to a sensible level. Remember it's the start of this that you're experiencing, and that the short term expense & hassle will be made up for by lower house prices. Why not rent a larger house together with your friends, reducing all your outgoings/bills and allowing the saving of bigger deposits?

It may be expensive in the short term, but the BTL speculative 'froth' needs to be removed from the market to allow prices to return to a sensible level. Remember it's the start of this that you're experiencing, and that the short term expense & hassle will be made up for by lower house prices. Why not rent a larger house together with your friends, reducing all your outgoings/bills and allowing the saving of bigger deposits?

Thanks for this. I have been in the place for just over a year. I suspect that I will recover my moving costs because the rents have definitely softened. It is still a real hassle and I will have to pay another moving company bill.

I think this reveals the bad side of the BTL business. Many of the BTL landlords are just amateur chavs speculating on property. What they don't seem to realise is that they are disrupting the lives of families with children.

Someone in my town has gotten cold feet over selling and decided to rent their property out instead.

Good move :unsure:

FOR SALE

TO LET

For sale at ~£300K, for rent at £800pcm.

A yield of 3.2% if they really believe it worth what they are wanting to sell it for :lol: Although I'm sure that they probably paid about £120K for it not more than a few years ago.

But even if they bought years ago I suspect they will be buying somewhere else at present value so effectively negating the fact that they bought years ago anyway (unless they downsize).

I think this reveals the bad side of the BTL business. Many of the BTL landlords are just amateur chavs speculating on property. What they don't seem to realise is that they are disrupting the lives of families with children.

Dreadful I know.

I mean look at that nice man Keith on Coronation St.

All he wanted was that nasty Charlie The Builder to replace a few roof tiles. He got the huge bill and refused to pay.

Now he's being booted out of his house - out of sheer spite - as Charlie The Builder has bought the house off the landlord and handed Keith 2 months notice to quit ...