House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeilB

Landlord's Children Taunting My Son

Our landlord lives only a few hundred yards away and has young kids which go to the same village school as my son who is six years old.

Get a load of this... Yesterday the wife walked outside to see the LL's kid, with his mates, actually in our front garden, openly ridiculing my son about the fact that 'he' owned our house!!

Now I'm normally the first to brush off such behaviour as childish banter but this has really got on my nerves... afterall these kids are only young like 7 or 8 and I can only imagine that they're repeating what they've heard at home about us 'tenant scum' living in 'their house'.

It also worries me that this extends to the school playground. I grew up as a child on some fairly impoverished council estates and I didn't once have to bear the indignity of people taunting me for my lowly state of tenure, yet here in the miracle economy whilst earning >twice the average wage with a stay-at-home wife, two nice cars and little debt at the age of 24 I have to worry about this happening to my son, whilst being priced out of all but the very council houses I grew up in. To top it all we're now verbally reminded by these little shytes that we're buying their inheritance.

Makes my blood boil.

I sympathise. What a horrible, horrible situation.

Perhaps a chat with the school may be in order. The incident happened outside of school, but how are you to know if this isn't happening in school too?

I would suggest you chat to your son too. He's only a young lad, but encourage him to speak up. If he had retorted that the bank actually owns it, the bully may have looked a bit silly in front of his mates.

I always found retorting with violence when I was that age made the problem go away very quickly. Not every little lad is capable of that though.

NDL

I'm sure not all landlords are utter scum, but landlordism does seem to attract people with unusually gauche, ugly personalities.

I bet the little snotnosed twerp bullying your kid was influenced by his Dad.

It's just part of growing up.

If they weren't bullying him about that it would be something equally pointless.

He will probably end up totally screwed up, and will feel compelled to get on the

housing ladder at any cost when he is an adult.

If he is a bright lad maybe you could explain to him the housing cycle, and how

those who buy at the top are committing financial suicide. Teach him about IRs

and how they effect those who have borrowed heavily to speculate on BTL property.

Get him laughing at those horrible kids when interest rates go up in July,

and asking how long till their Dad goes bankrupt and gets divorced?

Maybe understanding what mental subnormals your LL and his spawn are might

help him overcome their hurtful words.

At the end of the day, someday he has to learn that when someone says

something offensive to you, the way to deal with it is either to say something

or do something offensive back. Or ignore completely.

IMO landlords, by the nature of their business, are sociopaths and children tend to immitate what they see and hear - draw your own conclusions

Tell his kids that you have tennants rights and if they step foot inside 'your' house without invitation you'll call the police :lol:

Personally, I'd view it as a form of indirect harrasment - time to get legal advice?

Sorry I don't understand the problem here.

NeilB you coach your son in a basic understanding of macroeconomics such that he can gently inform the landlord's children that their mummy and daddy aren't going to be together much longer as daddy is going to be made bankrupt; that all their toys, TVs, cars, and, of course, their house is going to be given back to the bank; and that mummy will have to go off on "sleep-overs" with strange men to pay the bills.

I don't think your son will have too many problems after that.

Demand a reduction in rent due to tone of the area being bought down by these kids!

There is somebody on here who is always on about bears in a playground. You didn't hear a certain voice shouting "That's my boy!"?

Guest Winners and Losers

There is somebody on here who is always on about bears in a playground. You didn't hear a certain voice shouting "That's my boy!"?

You and I, Foxy, are on the same page! ;)

You and I, Foxy, are on the same page! ;)

Hi WAL where have you been FFS

Your profile has seemed to be kept low lately. You haven’t been over Hadrian’s Wall again have you? You Know fours hours out of King’s Cross if can submit the suggestion as Mingus might say.

Glad to see you recognised the reference

Is he an ozie is he Lizzy

Is he an Ozie is he Hey

Is it because he is was an ozie that he keeps you busy Lizzy

Does he make you fuzzy wuzzy Is he an Ozzie is he Lizzie

Is he an Ozzie is he Lizzy

Is he an Ozzie Lizzy Hey

Sorry here’s your thread back Sir

Regards Foxy

Guest Winners and Losers

Hi WAL where have you been FFS

Your profile has seemed to be kept low lately. You haven’t been over Hadrian’s Wall again have you? You Know fours hours out of King’s Cross if can submit the suggestion as Mingus might say.

Glad to see you recognised the reference

Is he an ozie is he Lizzy

Is he an Ozie is he Hey

Is it because he is was an ozie that he keeps you busy Lizzy

Does he make you fuzzy wuzzy Is he an Ozzie is he Lizzie

Is he an Ozzie is he Lizzy

Is he an Ozzie Lizzy Hey

Sorry here’s your thread back Sir

Regards Foxy

:lol:

No Hadrian's Wall has come to me, as we speak. FFS :rolleyes:

Hence the low profile. Far more interesting things to be doing than posting on HPC. FFS. B)

:lol:

Far more interesting things to be doing than posting on HPC. FFS. B)

What you been doing that’s more interesting than Was Thermite Used On 9/11 and Tax Abuser Of The Week? You hedonistic pp- person. FFFFFFFFS (oh dam it my nervous stutter is back)

Our landlord lives only a few hundred yards away and has young kids which go to the same village school as my son who is six years old.

Get a load of this... Yesterday the wife walked outside to see the LL's kid, with his mates, actually in our front garden, openly ridiculing my son about the fact that 'he' owned our house!!

Now I'm normally the first to brush off such behaviour as childish banter but this has really got on my nerves... afterall these kids are only young like 7 or 8 and I can only imagine that they're repeating what they've heard at home about us 'tenant scum' living in 'their house'.

It also worries me that this extends to the school playground. I grew up as a child on some fairly impoverished council estates and I didn't once have to bear the indignity of people taunting me for my lowly state of tenure, yet here in the miracle economy whilst earning >twice the average wage with a stay-at-home wife, two nice cars and little debt at the age of 24 I have to worry about this happening to my son, whilst being priced out of all but the very council houses I grew up in. To top it all we're now verbally reminded by these little shytes that we're buying their inheritance.

Makes my blood boil.

Have you asked your kid is he minds? If he doesn't, take pride in having a son who can see the bigger picture.

I'd be out and open about it, and let everyone know the state of play. Mums at the school gate (assuming they leave their 4x4s) would be a good start. Your aspiring village property baron will be swiftly given the cold shoulder, and there will be tears before bedtime when the rental income threatens to stop there and then.

btp

Hence the low profile. Far more interesting things to be doing than posting on HPC. FFS. B)

Let me guess, you've now got Shakerbaby tied up in the basement, and with him all to yourself you don't need the rest of the HPC forum any more?

Billy Shears