House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Pressure Is Mounting On Gordon To Hike The Rates

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/bus...sp?story=694015

Pressure for interest rate rise mounts

05 June 2006

Manufacturing output has hit a 10-year high, while inflationary pressures are building across the economy,
according to two surveys published today
as the Bank of England prepares to meet to set interest rates.
The Bank's Monetary Policy Committee is certain to leave rates on hold but analysts will be alert to any signs that its members are leaning towards the need for a rise.

Gordon cannot raise IR as long as he waits for No. 10. It is politically impossible as HPI and MEW have been his ticket to universal acclaim as the greatest chancellor the UK has ever known. :lol:

Ah, I'm gonna miss that sad, fat ugly scottish bullcrapper...

That's right. I would rather have that unctuous toad Osbourne in the hot seat. He's much less disingenuous and in touch with the real world.

That's right. I would rather have that unctuous toad Osbourne in the hot seat. He's much less disingenuous and in touch with the real world.

It's a shame that some "care in the community" psycho doesent break into old gordo's home and torture the wan**r to a slow howling death with.. say.. hmmmnnn... with a cheesegrate..

that would be a delicious irony..

And I value human life to the point where i do not agree with any capital punishment....

somehow T*at boy and the morron party have pushed me to the point where the thought of their screaming deaths gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling..

And any bulls who suggest that I am jealous of the wealth of home owners... really have missed certain painfully obvious points about what wealth really is..

apom would like to apologise for the rage..

It would nice not to be looking at an economy shattered by morrons who believe that house prices can trebble in 6 years.

that debt is profit..

and that it is all normal

Interest rates are a very blunt instrument which I'm not relying on to bring house prices back to a reasonable level. Only some properly directed, simple (!) initiatives to reduce the attractiveness of Buy-To-Let and 2nd home ownership will suffice.

Don't bother learning anything, just learn how to apply for a B2L mortgage! Live the dream! :rolleyes:

I was working lunch on friday, and a chap from the Cantor Index said that it would be impossible for the UK to raise rates much above 5% as that's when people would no longer be able to afford their debts..... looks like the MPC might not have much room to play with, but if inflation starts to bite and this is true........

I was working lunch on friday, and a chap from the Cantor Index said that it would be impossible for the UK to raise rates much above 5% as that's when people would no longer be able to afford their debts..... looks like the MPC might not have much room to play with, but if inflation starts to bite and this is true........

Well these people with these debts are stopping the likes of me and you from buying a home if this is the case. BoE raise rates, stupidly high house prices return to norm, and then FTbers buy - injecting fresh money into the system.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/bus...sp?story=694015

Pressure for interest rate rise mounts

05 June 2006

Manufacturing output has hit a 10-year high, while inflationary pressures are building across the economy,
according to two surveys published today
as the Bank of England prepares to meet to set interest rates.
The Bank's Monetary Policy Committee is certain to leave rates on hold but analysts will be alert to any signs that its members are leaning towards the need for a rise.

Gordon cannot raise IR as long as he waits for No. 10. It is politically impossible as HPI and MEW have been his ticket to universal acclaim as the greatest chancellor the UK has ever known. :lol:

So our exports are rising, just what the doctor ordered. Home demand is sluggish, just what the doctor ordered. This reduces our Current Account Deficit, just what the doctor ordered.

Why raise interest rates and put all this at threat - looks like steady as she goes to me. No IR rise in sight based on this evidence.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Ah, I'm gonna miss that sad, fat ugly scottish bullcrapper...

Just move closer and remember...

squeeze the trigger gently. :lol: