House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MEtallic

Stealth Buying Of Gold

Guest Riser

In summary then, gold bullion trader suggests that gold is a good thing to be speculating in!

And more to the point, if they're behind the increase in prices over the last six months or so, what's gonna support it's nosebleed prices when they stop?

Hardly nosebleed levels yet the inflation adjusted peak of 1980 is around $2000 when adjusted for inflation, some comentators are talking about $4000 gold in a few years.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Only the verge of a world economic crisis, Riser still believes in $4000 an ounce if Gold.(in a couple of years)

Only because the doallr has devauled much then

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Only the verge of a world economic crisis, Riser still believes in $4000 an ounce if Gold.(in a couple of years)

Traditionally crash flies to gold when things get really bad. Gold still looks like a good bet medium term. The question is bail now and buy back later and risk loosing or stay in and risk riding it down to $500 or so??

Guest Riser

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I don't imagine Sterling will be looking too healthy in a couple of Years compared to gold. Brown has systematically trashed our manufacturing industry, there are very few barriers preventing our service sector being outsourced to places like India, consumer spending will collapse along with house prices, and those with enough brains to support a revival based on high tech and innovation will have also been smart enough to see the collapse of Browns economic miracle and got out of the country while the going was good.

this credit tightening thing has really, really hurt me !

It seems cash is about the only safe option at the moment, with everything getting whacked -commodities, ftse, emerging markets - even gold has been made to look luke just another commodity rather than a magical metal with the secrets to well-being and eternal life.

Even my debt shares have taken a whacking. - which I had thought would be OK in a downturn.

Now I know I'm thinking this 6 weeks to late - but is it time to give up, sell everything and get into cash?

In summary then, gold bullion trader suggests that gold is a good thing to be speculating in!

Exactly - Gold Ramper Ramps Gold Shock News!

If an EA came out with this kind of stuff about UK property they'd be denounced as a VI. People selling gold and people selling houses probably have a similar motive for keeping prices up...

this credit tightening thing has really, really hurt me !

It seems cash is about the only safe option at the moment, with everything getting whacked -commodities, ftse, emerging markets - even gold has been made to look luke just another commodity rather than a magical metal with the secrets to well-being and eternal life.

Even my debt shares have taken a whacking. - which I had thought would be OK in a downturn.

Now I know I'm thinking this 6 weeks to late - but is it time to give up, sell everything and get into cash?

Yea ive probably lost about 10% of my total 'wealth' , sucks dont it, but do what i do... shut one eye then it just looks half as bad.

Yea ive probably lost about 10% of my total 'wealth' , sucks dont it, but do what i do... shut one eye then it just looks half as bad.

Yuh, I'd equate it to the feeling of being buggered lube-less by Lexington Steel.

Maybe we should set up an investment club to share our unique investment abilities with a greater audience?

Edited by Flick

Guest Alright Jack

I don't imagine Sterling will be looking too healthy in a couple of Years compared to gold. Brown has systematically trashed our manufacturing industry, there are very few barriers preventing our service sector being outsourced to places like India, consumer spending will collapse along with house prices, and those with enough brains to support a revival based on high tech and innovation will have also been smart enough to see the collapse of Browns economic miracle and got out of the country while the going was good.

This is good informed stuff.

The failure of some to be objective and think internationally is worrying. The bank of england could send rates to the moon, drain every last spare £ from the universe but this doesn't necessarily make our currency any more 'sound'. The reason is that basically a currency is linked directly to the productivity of the nation. The UK is just not productive and hasn't been productive for twenty years or more. Add the gargantuan personal debt and you have a recipe for disater. This is why (£)gold is still going up.

Another way to think about this is to consider the truth of the following statement

"Printing money does not make a nation more wealthy", and so similarly it must be true that

"Simply removing money from circulation does not make a nation more wealthy".