House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonewer

Check You Tax Codes!

Just a quickie to everyone to say that if you havent already done so, CHECK YOUR TAX CODE NOW!

I have just found that the tax man owes me a couple of grand.

fin.

Just a quickie to everyone to say that if you havent already done so, CHECK YOUR TAX CODE NOW!

I have just found that the tax man owes me a couple of grand.

fin.

There used to be some way of checking to see if your due a rebate over the phone or online - dont remember now though

I was being shafted with a "BR" code! :(

The "normal" is 503L. BR I believe is short for basic rate: you may be put on it if you have held two jobs at once, even if only for a couple of days using up holiday as you switch from one employer to another. (My missus had this happen.) The onus is on employees to check tax codes and get them changed, not employers.

The "normal" is 503L. BR I believe is short for basic rate: you may be put on it if you have held two jobs at once, even if only for a couple of days using up holiday as you switch from one employer to another. (My missus had this happen.) The onus is on employees to check tax codes and get them changed, not employers.

Yep, I think you are put on BR (sometimes called emergency tax) until your new employer receives your P45 from your previous job.

NDL

Yep, I think you are put on BR (sometimes called emergency tax) until your new employer receives your P45 from your previous job.

NDL

The emergency tax code is also 503L (would normally be calculated on a week 1/month 1 basis when you start a new job).

I work 5 days a week but only get paid for 4 due to a whole weeks pay being deducted for income tax!!

Sure this cannot be right? Have they got my tax code wrong?

The Rev recently asked for my P60 out of the blue to 'check I'm paying the right amount of tax' is this normal?...