House Price Crash Forum
thunderbird900

Your Favourite Loan Advert

The highlight of watching daytime TV is, I'm sure you would agree, the loan adverts. They come in several different formats, but they all conform to the same one standard, they are CRAP.

My favourite is Loans.co.uk featuring cricketeer Phil Tufnell. It looks like he is already stoned when he sits there asking the pretty young woman about borrowing money. His in depth reply is "Happy Days".

Lets ignore the disgraceful Carole Vorderman and move on to Picture the Loan. This is definitely the worst one out of the lot. We have wise cracking idiot on the phone sorting out his loan. "How much a month? that's fantastic". No mention of how many years he has arranged the loan, no APR'S, no interest rate. All the time his wife is filming him whilst he pretends to throw a football in her face. MORONIC

What about a castaway swimming out to a yacht (Ocean Finance) or people pretending to be under a rain shower in Norton Finance... and here is Gareth who looks like a gorilla and will sort out your loan.

The one thing that really troubles me is that they do not address the real problem, which is why that person got into so much debt in the first place. They compound it by suggesting even more borrowing for that dream holiday or new car.

Will we look back at these adverts in years to come with the same hilarity we remember the Shake and Vac ad?

Will we look back at these adverts in years to come with the same hilarity we remember the Shake and Vac ad?

Or maybe we will look back and fondly remember them with the same horror we reserve for Nazi propaganda films?

Edited by Smell the Fear

Or maybe we will look back and fondly remember them with the same horror we reserve for Nazi propaganda films?

more likely IMO

the cultural trough of a profoundly flawed society

(not that I'm given to hyperbole) :P

I hate the way they make loans sound great.

"with ocean finance, its just plain sailing" - with a bloke sat on a boat sipping a cocktail (if I remember right).

Quite annoying really, but I guess we need some people to destroy themselves financially.

i hate the way they make out like debt isn't a major problem and that it's ok to get into more debt to do 'home improvements or go and that dream holiday'..urgh...

i hate the way they make out like debt isn't a major problem and that it's ok to get into more debt to do 'home improvements or go and that dream holiday'..urgh...

And have enough left over for meals out...

yes got to be picture loans

the man has full of crap in the house that hes obviously bought on credit (as for props go, very realistic)

I cant imagine if they were a real couple, they d be so blissfully happy. I d doubt they d sleep at night properly

Guest tenant super

I watch them now with great hilarity Thunderbird.

I love the Virgin one with the lad saying yes to everything for months to make his life more exciting:

YES to years of regret and tears

YES to years of pointless graft for someone elses benefit.

YES to a long regression in your financial maturity

YES to stress induced alopecia

YES to missing out on that once in a lifetime investment opportunity

YES to subjecting friends and family to years of your financial and emotional stress.

YES to paying bloated fees and rates of interest to the uber rich tyrant you invited into your living room.

I think we can start a whole new thread here. The worst accident claim advert, that has to be the fat faced ugly bloke gruffly asking "Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault"

How about the worst endowment mis-selling ad, even the most nauseating 29.9% car finance advert. Pity that YesCar credit has gone t.ts up!

Getting back to the loan and mortgage adverts. These are primarily aimed at the sub prime market. ie: borrowers who have got a poor to rubbish credit history. Look at the bottom of the screen. They have to (with great reluctance) state that they will charge a fee between 2% and 4% of the mortgage or loan advanced. Plus of course they will also receive up 1% as a procuration fee from the lender.

With almost breath taking arrogance the advert will end with "you have nothing to lose, even the telephone call is free".

When will the FSA get a grip on these companies? Don't hold your breath.

Hello all,

I made the Ocean FInace spoof. Glad some of you liked it. I despair at the number of these ads we see and I fear for those involved in the scam.

Next on the list to do might be that awfull accident ad, yes the one with the bloke with all the chins, I cant stand it.

Sorry for any offence caused by some of my more 'fruity' spoofs.

Hello all,

I made the Ocean FInace spoof. Glad some of you liked it. I despair at the number of these ads we see and I fear for those involved in the scam.

Next on the list to do might be that awfull accident ad, yes the one with the bloke with all the chins, I cant stand it.

Sorry for any offence caused by some of my more 'fruity' spoofs.

Hello!!! How did you find us??

Guest Bart of Darkness

These ads hold a perverse fascination for me.

The compo ad where an incredibly rude woman keeps interrupting with things like "will I be entitled to 100% of the compensation"? wins for sheer teeth grinding irritation (I keep hoping that the rep will just slap the bitch across the face!)

The MEW ad where a ditzy old dear starts talking about "unlocking the money tied up in our home". Tied up? You make it sound as if it's been kept from you you daft cow. She then talks about using it to "see the grandkids right". Are they orphans? Don't they have parents who can MEW to make sure that they're not denied the latest PlayBox 360 or whatever.

But the Picture This advert has to be the most annoying loan ad.

Picture This

bankrupt.jpg

The highlight of watching daytime TV is, I'm sure you would agree, the loan adverts. They come in several different formats, but they all conform to the same one standard, they are CRAP.

My favourite is Loans.co.uk featuring cricketeer Phil Tufnell. It looks like he is already stoned when he sits there asking the pretty young woman about borrowing money. His in depth reply is "Happy Days".

Lets ignore the disgraceful Carole Vorderman and move on to Picture the Loan. This is definitely the worst one out of the lot. We have wise cracking idiot on the phone sorting out his loan. "How much a month? that's fantastic". No mention of how many years he has arranged the loan, no APR'S, no interest rate. All the time his wife is filming him whilst he pretends to throw a football in her face. MORONIC

What about a castaway swimming out to a yacht (Ocean Finance) or people pretending to be under a rain shower in Norton Finance... and here is Gareth who looks like a gorilla and will sort out your loan.

The one thing that really troubles me is that they do not address the real problem, which is why that person got into so much debt in the first place. They compound it by suggesting even more borrowing for that dream holiday or new car.

Hilarious post! :lol:

funny spoof mark-w. should be on tv.

if only you could find a non biased broadcaster,,,,

i HATE that animated cartoon with the northern girl voice over...

"luke at all the people just like you and me. struggling with a 'eep o' debt, and cant break free.

Mark W, well done mate! Keep them coming.Your Ocean Finance spoof cracked me up.

As well as the accident one with Mr Fat Face, what about the ad with the four plebs saying "I've got the right". This is an advert to persuade people with a right to buy their council homes to use another high charging mortgage company. I did'nt think there were any right to buy's left.

Let us know when you have done another one.