House Price Crash Forum
devslim

Todays Mse Thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=207763

I have an opportunity to buy my council house for £29,000 and my partner has £10,00 stashed away, so we would need to cover the reminder..

I was wondering whether it would be better for me and my partner to get a mortgage for £19,000 or is it possible to get a loan to cover it? and which is better?

The mortgage or loan would have to be non-status or what ever it is called when you have no proof of income

Thanks for any advice or information you can provide

Why the **** do I bother working?

A house for £29000 and a stash of £10k. I wish I was hard up enough to be in that situation.

:angry:

this world has gone mad when it is better to house people leeching money than you university graduates and early middle class who now cant afford a house...

Goodbye economic britain!!

just who are going to support these people once all the FTBs piss off to somewhere that appreciates them!

There is no real middle-ground anymore, the only real options is to get as rich as f**k so you don't have to worry or chav off the state, both of these vocations are paid for by the mugs in the middle.

Nu Labour;

No Britain

Edited by BuyingBear

Couldn't help myself, I had to reply. Though I was polite.

And the next post read----

Typical way in the UK.

Here I am struggling to afford a house working my guts out 6 days a week, never once taken any benefits and renting.

I should have just sat back and let the Government and all the tax payers pay for me. I take it when you say you cant prove your income it is because it is all benefits or cash in hand....

Why if you are both on benefits, do you have £10,000 in the bank?

Well it really does say it all.However I thought we all had to be really nice to each other on MSE!

and thus we we get back to one of the fundamental reasons for HPI, the lack of cheap affordable homes, and the fact in order to get a council house you have to be socially disadvantaged in some way, put that does not stop you buying it if you want, it's a mad world

and thus we we get back to one of the fundamental reasons for HPI, the lack of cheap affordable homes, and the fact in order to get a council house you have to be socially disadvantaged in some way, put that does not stop you buying it if you want, it's a mad world

i've always thought the system doesn't make sense.if you have lived in subsidised rented accomodation for say 10 years you are then offered that house to buy at a fraction of market value ! :blink:

when i was 20 i asked if i could go on the waiting list and was told you've no chance of getting anything-the reason? because my parents had never had a council house !!!!! :blink: in other words my family had never got anything free or subsidised from the state therefore i didn't have enough points ! :blink::blink::blink::blink:

shouldn't it be the other way round? those who have never bothered the council should get priority and those who have had cheap rent for years should go to the back of the queue.and those who have had cheap/free rent should pay full market value if they want to buy a council house,and those on the list should get the discount!

There is no real middle-ground anymore, the only real options is to get as rich as f**k so you don't have to worry or chav off the state, both of these vocations are paid for by the mugs in the middle.

Nu Labour;

No Britain

best way to get rich is a tax payer funded job like an MP,Judge or doctor . why is it all the big earning doctors are always german? there was one smug german doctor on TV the other week boasting how he earns £5k a week from the NHS! :blink:

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=824722006

Doctor's 1,000-mile trip to cover 'opt-out' GPs

A GERMAN GP is being flown on a 1,000-mile round trip by the Scottish NHS to work at weekends because local doctors refuse to work out-of- office hours.

Dr Fred Hansen, who lives in London, is being paid £100-an-hour to travel to the north of Scotland at taxpayers' expense.

damn someone spotted my reply..... :rolleyes:

Nothing like digging with a shovel

A few more replies have sprung up too.

Me reckons a lot of middle class are pissed about what happening and the way the government is treating people who sit around all day on our money and still have £10,000k in the bank

why is it all the big earning doctors are always german? there was one smug german doctor on TV the

Probably because all our youth are too busy getting pregnant when they are teenagers, or doing nonsense degrees.

Probably because all our youth are too busy getting pregnant when they are teenagers, or doing nonsense degrees.

I take it you missed the recent news stories about medical students graduating only to find there are no jobs for them in the NHS?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=207763

Why the **** do I bother working?

A house for £29000 and a stash of £10k. I wish I was hard up enough to be in that situation.

:angry:

IMHO. those who are on the benefit(any form) shoud not be able to buy full stop. They can buy when they are fetching for themselves not out of my tax money.