House Price Crash Forum

The Word Of Hpc

HOLA441

http://www.google.com/trends?q=house+price...eo=all&date=all

Has anyone used this tool from google?

It shows GLOBAL stats for search terms. So if you type in say "Harry Potter" You get world wide responce.

Cities from all over the world search for the term and ocupy the tip 10 spots.

But if you search for "House Price Crash" guess who are the most worried in the world?

THE UK! Our cities occupy the top list... out of the whole world our public are more worried!

VI's can spin all they like but people seem to be suspecting something no matter how much spin is fed.

Remember - WORLD SEARCH STATS and only the following appear in the list! Amazing eh? :o

Bletchley at number 7? MOD doing reserach for Gordon Brown?

1. Edinburgh United Kingdom

2. Sheffield United Kingdom

3. Brentford United Kingdom

4. London United Kingdom

5. Manchester United Kingdom

6. Milton Keynes United Kingdom

7. Bletchley United Kingdom

8. Birmingham United Kingdom

This would be a great story for a rag paper eh? Anyone know writers in THE SUN, DAILY MAIL?

Edited by coolaftershave

HOLA442
HOLA443

Not sure how accurate the google thing is-Bletchley seems to come up whatever you put in (I put in convent!)

I think its very accurate. Google have access to their own records and match IPs to areas and the search terms used.

So you can have confidence that it is correct. People are suspecting a crash.

As for Bletchley... ever heard of (Bletchley was a side comment, pay attention to the HPC stats about the UK)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Intelegence gathering... this can also be done on the internet. I would use goodle if I was a government, there must

be teams of graduates employed to search the net for info. Probably why US gov wanted access to how google search

worked.

So if these listening posts exist i would not be suprised to find the cities they work from in the top ten for most words.

They will be searching for them regularly.

Tap in "Bin Laden"

http://www.google.com/trends?q=Bin+Laden&c...eo=all&date=all

Washington DC is top city... their internet robots must be working overtime to get every bit of info about Osama

from google chat rooms etc....

Edited by coolaftershave

HOLA444

It shows GLOBAL stats for search terms. So if you type in say "Harry Potter" You get world wide responce.

But if you search for "House Price Crash" guess who are the most worried in the world?

THE UK! Our cities occupy the top list... out of the whole world our public are more worried!

VI's can spin all they like but people seem to be suspecting something no matter how much spin is fed.

Remember - WORLD SEARCH STATS and only the following appear in the list! Amazing eh? :o

Bletchley at number 7? MOD doing reserach for Gordon Brown?

1. Edinburgh United Kingdom

2. Sheffield United Kingdom

3. Brentford United Kingdom

4. London United Kingdom

5. Manchester United Kingdom

6. Milton Keynes United Kingdom

7. Bletchley United Kingdom

8. Birmingham United Kingdom

The English are always first in any venture, quicker to spot advantages & pitfalls.

This is why our language is so universal, everybody aspires to be like us.

'course we also complain a lot more than most countries, let's celebrate the fact that we are so free to do so.

HOLA445

Highly unlikely to be very accurate as it relies on looking up the geographic location of your ip address and these are often routed through proxy servers or use transparent cache technology which makes it look as if everyone is coming from one location. But this is HPC so your theory will no doubt be taken as correct especially as it shows a graph as well.

HOLA446

Highly unlikely to be very accurate as it relies on looking up the geographic location of your ip address and these are often routed through proxy servers or use transparent cache technology which makes it look as if everyone is coming from one location. But this is HPC so your theory will no doubt be taken as correct especially as it shows a graph as well.

Well that would only put in to question the number of searches from each city. Even then if you track your own IP address through

online tools such as "geobytes" you will find your routed through your nearest city hub. Granted, statistic resolution is not going to track you down to your local address but to your nearest city yes.

Even if I agree with your argument... the whole world is not routed through the UK? Is it. :P

So my original point of the UK being the most frightened population still stands. :D

Edited by coolaftershave

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Gardening

1. Perth Australia

2. Bletchley United Kingdom

3. Melbourne Australia

4. Seattle, WA USA

5. London United Kingdom

6. Brentford United Kingdom

7. Brisbane Australia

8. Portland, OR USA

9. Salt Lake City, UT USA

10. Dublin Ireland

Bletchley's there again

Architects

1. Dublin Ireland

2. Bletchley United Kingdom

3. London United Kingdom

4. New York, NY USA

5. Boston, MA USA

6. Brentford United Kingdom

7. Edinburgh United Kingdom

8. San Francisco, CA USA

9. Seattle, WA USA

10. Melbourne Australia

Edited by Given Up

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The English are always first in any venture, quicker to spot advantages & pitfalls.

This is why our language is so universal, everybody aspires to be like us.

'course we also complain a lot more than most countries, let's celebrate the fact that we are so free to do so.

:rolleyes:

Apart from when Scotland is top of the list.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well that would only put in to question the number of searches from each city. Even then if you track your own IP address through

online tools such as "geobytes" you will find your routed through your nearest city hub. Granted, statistic resolution is not going to track you down to your local address but to your nearest city yes.

Even if I agree with your argument... the whole world is not routed through the UK? Is it. :P

So my original point of the UK being the most frightened population still stands. :D

In case you missed it:-

Google Trends aims to provide insights into broad search patterns. As a Google Labs product, it is still in the early stages of development. Also, it is based upon just a portion of our searches, and several approximations are used when computing your results. Please keep this in mind when using it.

Interesting tool but nothing more than that.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

In case you missed it:-

Google Trends aims to provide insights into broad search patterns. As a Google Labs product, it is still in the early stages of development. Also, it is based upon just a portion of our searches, and several approximations are used when computing your results. Please keep this in mind when using it.

Interesting tool but nothing more than that.

I don't know what your agenda is but there is now enough information posted above for readers to make up their own mind.

Even though it is a small selection of WORLD statistics it is from data that is selected from the whole globe and it is amazing that as a proportion of that selection the UK is TOP! This is a done thing in stats, taking a small sample of a large population. Nothing wrong with that.

Tap in other searches and search locations are pepperd from all over the world. I think the google result i found is significant.

Don't knock "Early Stage Products", there are many. Even this site was one at some point.

HOLA4416

Or English-speaking countries could dominate because the words House, Price and Crash are in English. <_< "House Price Crash" is also a phrase used in Britain; the Americans are more likely to refer to a "Real Estate Bubble". Indeed, if you type in Real Estate Bubble you find that the US, Canada, Australia, and Mainland China come before the UK.

Time after time, I am amazed by the sort of drivel that passes for evidence on here. Seriously, approach the Sun with your "evidence"; it'll be funny :)

HOLA4417

Or English-speaking countries could dominate because the words House, Price and Crash are in English. <_< "House Price Crash" is also a phrase used in Britain; the Americans are more likely to refer to a "Real Estate Bubble". Indeed, if you type in Real Estate Bubble you find that the US, Canada, Australia, and Mainland China come before the UK.

OMG :o

So its worse than I thought!

Did you just say the whole world are searching for "House Price Crash" or some equivalent term?

This truly is a global bubble isn't it.

Nice research Europa. ;)

Edited by coolaftershave

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

OMG :o

So its worse than I thought!

Did you just say the whole world are searching for "House Price Crash" or some equivalent term?

This truly is a global bubble isn't it.

Nice research Europa. ;)

Well, you've convinced me - clearly we are all doomed. I've already put together my HPC survival kit of gold ingots, shot gun cartridges and tinned food (baked beans, twenty tins of). I'm also considering building a small bunker in case things get really bad ;)

On a serious note, that is a damned interesting tool; thanks for bringing it up :)

Edited by Europa

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

this is what i find interesting

http://www.google.com/trends?q=bomb&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

technical analysis anyone? :)

Something else thats interesting - which this should highlight is the way in which the key word is used.

For example if you use employment,unemployment as a comparrison like here

http://www.google.com/trends?q=unemploymen...eo=all&date=all

You see that employment is always higher then unemployment but obviously people type employment into engine when looking for jobs which world wide is quite frequent. Not many people go looking for unemployment.

I like to state the obvious :)

Edited by theChuz

HOLA4425

this is what i find interesting

http://www.google.com/trends?q=bomb&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

technical analysis anytone? :)

If you were a government agent looking to prevent cells from their attacks you would probably start by

looking at people who search for instructions on how to make bombs.

Try "Make Bomb"

http://www.google.com/trends?q=make+bomb&c...eo=all&date=all

Or "how to make bomb"

http://www.google.com/trends?q=how+to+make...eo=all&date=all

Scary. :ph34r:

Do you think this type of analysis is valid?