House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BandWagon

Eureka247.com

This is from Friday's Metro

Gary Thomas patiently waited five months for his estate agent to sell his flat, with no joy.

He dropped the price by £2450 to £112500, on the agent's recommendation, but it still failed to attract any interest.

At his wits end , the restaurateur took the matter into his own hands.

He listed his batchelor pad on a website - and sold it in an hour.

'I was beginning to think my place was never going to shift' he said.

It was created by businessmen Toby Pocock and Andrew Williamson. 'The idea was to set up a free site which cuts out estate agents and puts home owners in control' said Mr Pocock.

Good luck to them, hope they don't mind a spot of free advertising.

Also good to slowly see messages like this permeating the press, sooner or later people are going to talk about Mr X who can't sell/has had to drop the price.

Edited by BandWagon

http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums/a...41/m/2870016784

These people also 'sold' online rather than through an ea.

There must be at least a dozen or so of these websites where people can sell/let property online now. A 'rightmove' style site that aggregates all of the content into a single site would be pretty useful.

Also I'd be interested in a survey of what each site charges for what you get. Most charge a flat fee for listing, whether the house is sold/rented or not. Some offer different benefits like an EA style sign for your gatepost, or listing on rightmove etc.

There must be at least a dozen or so of these websites where people can sell/let property online now. A 'rightmove' style site that aggregates all of the content into a single site would be pretty useful.

Also I'd be interested in a survey of what each site charges for what you get. Most charge a flat fee for listing, whether the house is sold/rented or not. Some offer different benefits like an EA style sign for your gatepost, or listing on rightmove etc.

How about a "Kelkoo" for property?

We're all waiting for Tesco's to do it, I'd go for their BOGOF's :D

How about a "Kelkoo" for property?

We're all waiting for Tesco's to do it, I'd go for their BOGOF's :D

The sites I've seen don't appear to have any houses on their site...or is there a main one to go to?

The sites I've seen don't appear to have any houses on their site...or is there a main one to go to?

Seems to be a fair few on houseladder.co.uk...