House Price Crash Forum
debtfree

Message For Ttrtr,

Compact Oxford English Dictionary

slave

• noun 1 historical a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

Question: how does it feel to collect rent from other fellow humans .. ?

Answer: because im a slave driver...

slave

• noun 1 historical a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

Please dont knock him.

He may scratch a living from his debt-geared BTL portfolio built up partly by astuteness, but mostly through luck. Like most Antipodeans he probably suffers from an acute inferiority complex, but he actually provides an extremely valuable service by providing inexpensive and subsidised rental property.

Please dont knock him.

He may scratch a living from his debt-geared BTL portfolio built up partly by astuteness, but mostly through luck. Like most Antipodeans he probably suffers from an acute inferiority complex, but he actually provides an extremely valuable service by providing inexpensive and subsidised rental property.

That may well be...but that is not his primary motive. We are long forward from the days where an honest bob or two was made from renting a bit of surplus. The ONLY motives for doing this sort of thing nowadays are:

1. You have bought a place where you no longer live but might do so one day, so rent it out. Fair enough.

2. You con a bank (or do they con you?) into getting 100% BTL mortgages so you can cash in on the perceived inflation on property.

VP

slave

It's idiot posts like these that show people's true motive, to get something for less than it's really worth. Would you like to be released from your slavery by being given free accomodation? Of course you would. Who would be the slave then in that situation?

Anyway I looked up some words of my own & there was no reference to slavery or any implication that tenants weren't free to go elsewhere or to make their own arrangements for their accomodation.

I have a personal philosophy that we actually live in a desert. When I walk down the street, I don't feel that I'm surrounded by shops & restaurants & public facilities, I feel I'm surrounded by establishments that all expect to be paid if I walk in & want something. If my pockets were empty, I would be very unwelcome. We therefore are in a desert if you follow my thinking.

So realise that you have to pay for everything with your labour & you'll be able to release yourself from your vague thoughts of slavery.

tenant

a person who pays rent for the use of land or a building

tenancy

1 the right to use land or live in a building in exchange for rent

2 the period of time for which you have the right to use a building or piece of land:

a two-year tenancy

landlord (OWNER)

a person or organization that owns a building or an area of land and is paid by other people for the use of it

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

slave

Are tenants not free to choose who their LL's are? Is it not the LL who is indeed reliant on having a good tenant.

Your post is an embarrassment to yourself - you have made yourself look foolish in front of HPC. You are probably regretting this post right now. You probably need to go dormant for a few months and hope that we all forget about this silly episode.

Are tenants not free to choose who their LL's are? Is it not the LL who is indeed reliant on having a good tenant.

Your post is an embarrassment to yourself - you have made yourself look foolish in front of HPC. You are probably regretting this post right now. You probably need to go dormant for a few months and hope that we all forget about this silly episode.

Maybe he's fed up with this ttrt troll's constant winging, a weekend well spent from his point of view I expect.

But hey, I'm seeing more troll accounts go dormant of late.

If the writings on the wall for the crash, desperate trolls sure are are the best indication of it.

All good fun.

B)

Maybe he's fed up with this ttrt troll's constant winging, a weekend well spent from his point of view I expect.

But hey, I'm seeing more troll accounts go dormant of late.

If the writings on the wall for the crash, desperate trolls sure are are the best indication of it.

All good fun.

B)

Maybe the writing's on the wall, but you bears can't interpret it correctly. That would certainly explain why you've been so wrong for so long.

Maybe the writing's on the wall, but you bears can't interpret it correctly. That would certainly explain why you've been so wrong for so long.

The most worrying thing for you is that it has been going on for so long, you know it's a bubble, a man of your intelligence must know it, I guess you just ride your luck, who knows you might be in the process of selling up?

I like your desert point, however you know that it is not the case with house prices, HPI has been fed in the main by the willingness of banks etc to lend ever larger amounts

slave

I'll probably stand corrected on this....

Wasn't there the case many years ago in China where there was an uprising & all the slaves were released & awarded equal plots of land & given leave to be self sufficient, which was their dream.

Within a few years all the lands were owned by a few & the bulk of the population were tenants.

A sad indictment of human nature but very demonstrative.

There are those who know they can rule.

There are those who know they cannot rule.

The problems are caused by those who THINK they can rule.

There is a commonly held belief that if all wealth were redistributed evenly, that within 5-10 years it would be back in the hands of those that it was taken from simply because of their natural tendency to accumulate wealth verus others who squander it.

True, but that is real wealth, not fantasy wealth like that tied up in housing

True, but that is real wealth, not fantasy wealth like that tied up in housing

Hasn't the fantasy wealth allowed many the access to real wealth by offering high credit at low rates & the opportunity to invest as they see fit.

If too many of the 'Begs' of this world(I trust you are aware of this article) have used the opportunity unwisely then they are the ones to blame.

We still come back to it being the fault of those who THINK they know what they are doing but don't!!!

Were they denied this priveledge then there would be lots of posts complaining of lack of freedom to be able to gain a foothold on the rich trappings of life.

They are given the chance, fail miserably, then it has to be somebody elses fault doesn't it.

slave

he doesent own his property.

He is borrowing from the banks.. the landlord = bank

he holds the risk..

Surely TTRTR's a slave to his mortgages.

By paying rent i am no longer a slave to debt, or a slave to our mortgage. Renting at the moment is the lesser of those evils - but then i can't expect to live for nothing. Definately better than getting a mrtgage, and as we are able to save more and more through renting, as it's so much less. We don't have to pay for repairs to the house etc, so we head more towards financial freedom each day. I definately don't feel like a slave to my landlord.

TimeToSobLikeABaby is performing a valuable service. By subsidizing tenants, he is allowing renters who wouldn't normally be able to live in London (even in a crime infested shitehole like Wandsworth) the oportunity to 'live the high life'.

In particular, it is STUNNING that someone who is obviously only marginally below the national average IQ level (for marmosets) should be prepared to continue subsidizing tenants even when it's obvious the jigs up.

By this action, he is effectively handing back his paper gains accumulated over the last 10 years to complete strangers.

What a nice chap.

With a tiny, tiny, TINY little mind.

And the morals of a stoat on crack.

I hardly think my 11 months here or here abouts constitutes a lengthy period.

My home SE18 area, has seen falls in this time, my choices are greater, the property is cheaper.

The longer I wait the better off I am.

Maybe hard for some trols to accept, but it's true.

What a load of rubbish. We live in a capitalist democracy, if he's willing to take the risk I wont begrudge him his reward.

Same to you & thanks.

In this society suffering from Tall Poppy Syndrome, it's difficult to find people geniunely willing to say what you said and given that you weren't prompted, I can easily see that you meant it.

Same to you & thanks.

In this society suffering from Tall Poppy Syndrome, it's difficult to find people geniunely willing to say what you said and given that you weren't prompted, I can easily see that you meant it.

Aaah. Yet another wickle emotionally fragile usenet poster desperately wanting to hear what they want to hear.

Always double down on eleven, right TTRTR?