House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RentingInSweden

Advice For A Swedish Rent Boy

Heres the deal... i have got to move from Sweden within the next 18 months unless i want to start paying some of the upper rate tax 50-55% tax bands as my "foreign expert" tax reduction expires. Im trying to move to the US for a few years before then moving back to the UK to look after those shiny new nukes that Tony is going to build as his legacy.

By saving here and there and a few investment which luckily turned good (luck not skill) i could easily buy an average UK house £250,000 as a hedge in case prices shoot up in the UK again.... but after doing the maths prices in Manchester would have to rise by 2-3% while im in the states for me to make any money on the property.

So would you buy or not and if not where do you stick the deposit??

Heres the deal... i have got to move from Sweden within the next 18 months unless i want to start paying some of the upper rate tax 50-55% tax bands as my "foreign expert" tax reduction expires. Im trying to move to the US for a few years before then moving back to the UK to look after those shiny new nukes that Tony is going to build as his legacy.

By saving here and there and a few investment which luckily turned good (luck not skill) i could easily buy an average UK house £250,000 as a hedge in case prices shoot up in the UK again.... but after doing the maths prices in Manchester would have to rise by 2-3% while im in the states for me to make any money on the property.

Hej,

If you are in it for the long term - then buy a place, rent it out and in 10 years time, you will be laughing.

tack

astos

Cant comment on the trips to West Africa... but as crazy as it may seem that description was true and the more time i spend out of the UK in other counties the more crazy the whole UK house prices seem. With the stock market looking dodgy the safest place looks to be the bank where the interest rates look to be rising.

jag hoppas att du lyckas!

If you have enough money to buy a house / flat outright, but are questioning yourself if property in Manchester will rise the required 2-3% while you are away, then assuming that you are away for more than about 8-9 months, you will be guaranteed to make more than 3% by just sticking the dosh in a high interest savings account.

Personally, if I had that kind of money, I would either stick it in a savings account or buy a sizeable 6 month put option on the FTSE :)

Guest Bart of Darkness

Talking of Swedish rent boys, where's TTRTR's pithy contribution to this thread?