House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bingley Bloke

Ahhh, The Joys Of Mew!

It's a £30K 348 (maybe less maybe more depending on bills that need spending on it) and a £10K Supra (the fastest set of disco lights around). The Mazda's not worth £1500.

Perhaps someone has just worked their balls off or maybe has a £40K mortgage.....

What are those buildings in front of the cars actually for? Storage of tools?

That pic is tres funny because there's a lot of truth in it. Was it any different in the 80s though?

It's a £30K 348 (maybe less maybe more depending on bills that need spending on it) and a £10K Supra (the fastest set of disco lights around). The Mazda's not worth £1500.

Perhaps someone has just worked their balls off or maybe has a £40K mortgage.....

Yeah, forget the other cars. I'm just feeling totally amused at how out of place the Ferrari looks in front of those houses, whatever it may or may not be worth :lol:

One of my friends bought a 348 LHD....... It was a low (dry) mileage absoloute as new showroom condition 12 years or so old....... Cost him less than 30k if i remember rightly.... Beautiful motor, but cost him over a grand in servicing and a new part for the exhaust in the few months he owned it..... Couldnt park it anywhere even slightly dodgy and had to build a garage to store it too.....

His house was paid for too, but the car was traded in against an £8000 'no worries' impreza... Ferraris are for either very wealthy or VERY car orientated people..... This one probably spends its running life depreciating outside halfords on a friday night with all the Corsas and clios..... (im surprised it doesnt have 'lexus lights' and a cherry bomb tailpipe).... Bet it isnt paid for either....

Ferraris are for either very wealthy or VERY car orientated people.....

Most definitely. I knew a guy who had a 348, and he was quite matter of fact about how frequently it broke down (good when on song though! :) ). I remember him having a servicing bill for nearly 6k (a belt change I believe), and the service intervals were so short it always seemed to be in the garage. I know someone else who bought a Lotus (Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious) Elise with MEW money and has just sold it as they can't afford the running costs. With the 348, the geezer has no chance. You could spend the cost of buying it just maintaining it over a couple of years.

my brother bought a new lotus elise, he has never had a problem with it in the year he has had it.

it is a total nightmare to get in and out of i will say that.but darn its fast off the mark.

and he didint MEW he paid cash

my brother bought a new lotus elise, he has never had a problem with it in the year he has had it.

it is a total nightmare to get in and out of i will say that.but darn its fast off the mark.

and he didint MEW he paid cash

I think if you have a new one or with a full Lotus service history you would be fine. The chap i'm talking about thought it would cost the same as his fiesta to run :lol:

Personally I think they are awesome cars, especially for the money, and would love one. If prices don't change soon, thats where some of the deposit may go!

I think if you have a new one or with a full Lotus service history you would be fine. The chap i'm talking about thought it would cost the same as his fiesta to run :lol:

Personally I think they are awesome cars, especially for the money, and would love one. If prices don't change soon, thats where some of the deposit may go!

Stop off at the Vauxhall garage on the way first, just to take a ride in a VX220 :o

That pic is tres funny because there's a lot of truth in it. Was it any different in the 80s though?

No it was not it it all seems to be repeating it's self, it's like groundhog day :lol:

Not a practical main car though, and scary in the wet - I've seen a couple that've gone through the hedge backwards.

Do these tiny flash sports cars like those speed bumps?

(oo and there were some right poseurs out in Manchester last night with flash cars - some geezer showing off in one did a U turn along deansgate and had to reverse up a bit to avoid the pavement. Tres funny!

No it was not it it all seems to be repeating it's self, it's like groundhog day :lol:

it seems like everyone is driving about in new cars at the moment, must be a lot of wealthy people about.... or a lot of debt ;)

it seems like everyone is driving about in new cars at the moment, must be a lot of wealthy people about.... or a lot of debt ;)

Lease-hire is best, you can lease cars for less than their depreciation value, once you're locked into a contract the banks and finance houses are the only ones' to be screwed by higher rates of borrowing. The car market is a deflationary mess plagued by over supply, if you buy a new car it will have minimal resale value, even more so than usual.

Why not get an Ariel Atom http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/! Check out the TopGear review video on this site :)

Now that is just silly :o ...... I had seen this on tv somewhere a few years ago, with a three wheeler 'grinnell ? :unsure: '........ Have actually seen the three wheeler out on the road but these are a step above i think.....

The Vauxhall is a great car though..... And quite a bit cheaper too.....