House Price Crash Forum

Propery Licences

HOLA441
HOLA442

I've just heard an ad on the radio about if you rent out a property, you need a licence. Whats that all about? And where can i get more info?

Thanks

HMO licence? applies if you rent a property to more than 4 people or 3 or more floors from 2 or more families. Inspections are free? Licences cost 800 quid ish for 5 years, and include a check on the landlord to check there not a criminal and checking firedoors and fire escapes from 3rd floor and possibly a basin in each bedroom.... Fine if 5000 quid i believe

Edited by moosetea

HOLA443
HOLA444

HMO licence? applies if you rent a property to more than 4 people or 3 or more floors from 2 or more families. Inspections are free? Licences cost 800 quid ish for 5 years, and include a check on the landlord to check there not a criminal and checking firedoors and fire escapes from 3rd floor and possibly a basin in each bedroom.... Fine if 5000 quid i believe

Is that a licence per property?

HOLA445

Is that a licence per property?

per property and person... if an LL has three properties they need three licences and inspections. Grants are available if you get in early... Remember this is already law, if you dont have a licence now you could be fined, per property. I believe they are already doing random checks on shared houses in cambridge.

Edited by moosetea