House Price Crash Forum
CrashIsUnderWay

Hgf's Dad Sells House

Just had some unbelievable news - the GF's dad, fat ugly parasitic loser that he is, has apparently managed to sell his 'faux' georgian house in Sussex.

He put it on last year for £410,000 and had no takers.

He put it on again this Jan at £480,000, and shock horror, has apparently sold and is moving out next week.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm starting to suspect that there are an almost infinite number of morons who can't do simple arithmetic, yet can apply for and get half a bar from a mad mortgage company.

Gobsmacked.

Glad I dont have to talk to the mincing blubbergut ******* anymore! I'm sure he and his plastic-surgery-enhance scottish fishwife would just LOVE to rub it in!

You going to change your username then? ;)

I dunno. I really am shaken.

The lying little shit says he sold it for 'full asking', so we'll have to wait 3 months fo rnethouse prices to show us the reality.

They paid £265,000 for it in 1999, and have spent probably 70,000 in new conservatory, turning the back garden into a ludicrous sub-disney 'japanese water garden' complete with giant brass 'singing tree' fountain etc.

They have £100,000 in mortgage on it (up from £30,000 when they bought it - they drive a Toyota chav 4).

I really dunno. This has now passed the point of madness and we are in Salvador Dali territory.

All I can assune is that because its in a 'private' road, full of retired colonels etc, they have flogged to a cash buyer downsizing to somewhere more maneagable for retirement...

Guest Alright Jack

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm starting to suspect that there are an almost infinite number of morons who can't do simple arithmetic, yet can apply for and get half a bar from a mad mortgage company.

It's not that there are an infinite number of morons, it is that government can create an infinite number of paper pounds. These so called morons, provided they can hold out will not look like morons for very long.

It's not that there are an infinite number of morons, it is that government can create an infinite number of paper pounds. These so called morons, provided they can hold out will not look like morons for very long.

I hate to agree with slackwit Jake, but rampant inflation and massive gdp devaluation would indeed be a way out of this mess fo rBrown, and would punish no one except...

savers.

All I can assune is that because its in a 'private' road, full of retired colonels etc, they have flogged to a cash buyer downsizing to somewhere more maneagable for retirement...

That`s what did it, an opening to join the local Polo Club. ;)

Glad I dont have to talk to the mincing blubbergut ******* anymore! I'm sure he and his plastic-surgery-enhance scottish fishwife would just LOVE to rub it in!

I really do enjoy your discriptive posts, Crash, keep up the good work. :D

I hate to agree with slackwit Jake, but rampant inflation and massive gdp devaluation would indeed be a way out of this mess fo rBrown, and would punish no one except...

savers.

not just savers - everyone. Wage inflation is *not* an option for the UK.

Price inflation without it would punish everyone

I dunno. I really am shaken.

Crash you constanly bereated me in late 2004 / early 2005 as a 'clown'.

Remember how I used to remind you Interest Only mortgages were affordable and that the daily cost was'nt much more than many plebs spent on thier magazines and trendy coffee each day?

Remember I used to tell you to get your heqad out of the graphs and pie - charts, and to spend a little more time in the real world and you constantly replied "look at the fundamentals dogsh1tfor brains"?

Remember in 2004 when I said "the good ship bargain is about to leave port, if Im wrong Ill eat my todger"?

Remember how I advised you to stop slavishly following every utterance of Dr Bubb as his approach was a clunky formulaeic 'recipe' style of economics, far removed from the real world?

Anyway, nowadays Im not so bullish, just as you seem to be turning bullish.

Now, do still think Im a 'muppet' for investing in Germany?

Now, do still think Im a 'muppet' for investing in Germany?

yes.

Having had a look at it with a rational hat on, like I posted a while back - even in a crash, stuff still sells.

Amazing tho to see such an example of lottery sized luck so close to home...

Especially since they only managed to get the place in the first instance because the hatchet faced jock missus screwed a big settlement out of her ex.

I tell you what, I really want to know who bought it. I have a selection of bridges to sell to the dozy ******er.

Yeah. I hate the ignorant puffed up little lardbucket.

But not as much as his daughters do.

One wont even speak to him (the gf)

One will only see him if there are 'lots' of other people around

The fattest one ony contacts him when she wants cash or bailing out of her latest trouble.

I am just amazed that ANYONE would think half a bar was a good price for a crappy new build in a 1 horse sussex town that doesn't even have a proper pub...

I'm seriously thinking there could be good scam potential in this - if there are plenty of people that thick in the uk, I'd quite like to sell them something...

Wipe this comment..

If people move sideways then they need no extra money.. and it does not mean a thing..

Stagnation is the killer..

Of course property still sells..

If I had a £350,000 house I had bought for £130,000 and I was able to sell it to buy an identical property.. I have had to find no more money..

Duh..

This is the point i have been trying been trying to make for a while now, only to have your usual bunch of prats screaming troll.

In my area houses are still selling, but there are a lot less propertys going on the market, not sure what to make of that.

I will say it again(before that knob catch22 detects that i have posted), i still think that the prices are not justified, but yes i still think they can go further.

If the average price of a property is say £165k, and the good old Buyer is certain that prices will double, HE WILL GET THAT MONEY, it does no matter if he s right or wrong, if he thinks he is right the boom continues.

Most of us are probably the same, i could tell you all right now that i could not get my hands on £250K, if for whatever reason i could double £250k by next week if only i could come up with that sum, i would find a way GURANTEED.

This is what this property boom is based on, complacent gambling

This is the point i have been trying been trying to make for a while now, only to have your usual bunch of prats screaming troll.

In my area houses are still selling, but there are a lot less propertys going on the market, not sure what to make of that.

I will say it again(before that knob catch22 detects that i have posted), i still think that the prices are not justified, but yes i still think they can go further.

If the average price of a property is say £165k, and the good old Buyer is certain that prices will double, HE WILL GET THAT MONEY, it does no matter if he s right or wrong, if he thinks he is right the boom continues.

Most of us are probably the same, i could tell you all right now that i could not get my hands on £250K, if for whatever reason i could double £250k by next week if only i could come up with that sum, i would find a way GURANTEED.

This is what this property boom is based on, complacent gambling

Which is why the rest of us say that the market is sentiment driven. When he knows he cant get 'x' for it then he wont. IR's look likely to be the axe, but the debt burden could also do it, even bad news globably could do it. Once sentiment changes its all over.

latest news - they are trying to 'rush' the sale thru.

Presumably they realise that if they dont get this muppet's cash quick, he might wake up and realize WTF he's doing, and pull out!

:-)

Ah those last few days before completion, THE most stressful time of all, knowing that it really could all fall through at any moment! I've heard divorce is more stressful; this comes a close second.

Do keep us informed. Makes a change from the usual moaning on this site!

Feel free to give us some gems about this chap and his daughters too.

Wipe this comment..

If people move sideways then they need no extra money.. and it does not mean a thing..

Stagnation is the killer..

Of course property still sells..

If I had a £350,000 house I had bought for £130,000 and I was able to sell it to buy an identical property.. I have had to find no more money..

Duh..

No, you would not move (all other things being equal), not least because you would have a £10,500 stamp duty bill..... sideways moves are getting rarer because it costs so much to move.

latest news - they are trying to 'rush' the sale thru.

Presumably they realise that if they dont get this muppet's cash quick, he might wake up and realize WTF he's doing, and pull out!

:-)

So just to recap, he bought something fairly cheap, sold it for a lot more money, at a point which looks like it could prove to be the top of the market, and is trying to get it completed ASAP before the interest rates rise, and has turned a good profit, shares 50% of your girlfriends DNA- someone you have chosen to be with, (and she will eventually benefit from his financial savvy in the will) and he's an idiot? :huh:

I will say it again(before that knob catch22 detects that i have posted)

:D

Sam if your a four year old with access to your daddies computer, I apologise for winding you up. If your not, why do you insist in compiling words randomly and then attempting to pass them off as comprehensible english?

I think there's a village somewhere missing it's idiot :D

Edited by Catch22

:D

Sam if your a four year old with access to your daddies computer, I apologise for winding you up. If your not, why do you insist in compiling words randomly and then attempting to pass them off as comprehensible english?

I think there's a village somewhere missing it's idiot :D

Your an angry bitter old man Catch22, why, do you want to share with us :)

The really sad thing though is that you are not even as funny as you like to think you are.

Edited by sam

blah blah blah...shares 50% of your girlfriends DNA-

the jury's still out on that one.

and she will eventually benefit from his financial savvy in the will and he's an idiot? :huh:

unlikely. He hooked himself up to the scottish face monster specifically because he had nothing (except type 2 diabetes from constantly stuffing his chubby face with pies and guinness). He even managed to persuade her to put half the house in his name. Her 1st brood of kids were livid about that one. Despite this demonstration of low weasel-like cunning, his 'financial savvy' consists of happening to get lucky finally towards the end of his sad, pointless pathetic little life.

And the only people really likely to benefit from it are the carers who will soon have to service his colostomy bag when his legs drop off from the self-induced diabetes. The f*cker's been bankrupt more times that John de Lorean and Donald Trump combined and everything he 'turns his hand to' turns to lead almost immediately. I could go on, but it's a book, quite frankly, and the gf intends to write it.

Now why dont you be a good little boy and f*ck off and pollute someone else's thread. Or maybe even show us that you have more than the one neuron by starting a thread of your very own that you will be able to show to your grandchildren in 50 years time when they ask you what the f*ck it was that you did with your life.