House Price Crash Forum

Flying An England Flag Is Affecting House Prices

i dont like the england flags. to me its a clear signal of petty crime. the more the flags. the more dastardly the area.

i wouldnt want to be waving a flag about. - WHY ?

i already know im living in england with all the scumbag drinkers that are about.

...and the ugly girls....

i dont need a brain dead suggestable gobshite to wave some cheap asda impulse shelf england flag.

if they didnt know it. were already here.

besides. this is not about suppoirting your team. its about selling mindless tat to mindless idiots.

these flags are probably not even made in england.

flag waving people are dumb.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Winners and Losers

i dont like the england flags. to me its a clear signal of petty crime. the more the flags. the more dastardly the area.

i already know im living in england with all the scumbag drinkers that are about.

i dont need a brain dead suggestable gobshite to wave some cheap asda impulse shelf england flag.

besides. this is not about suppoirting your team. its about selling mindless tat to mindless idiots.

Oh, go on, bah humbug - get the benz all flagged up! You know you want to. ;)

NNNYYEEEEERRR!

oldgits.jpg

Oh, go on, bah humbug - get the benz all flagged up! You know you want to. ;)

I've got the Beemer all tooled up. 3 series convertible, naturally. Two flags and aeriel thingy. England replica shirt - home and away, chunky gold medallion, three lions CD blasting out. St. George X on mobile.

Anything else to complete the stereotypical image? :lol:

this means that I have rapidly slid down the social scale in the last couple of years.

I have to admit that I used to feel this way (IIRC it was World Cup 2002 when it really kicked in, what with it co-inciding with the Jubilee) but my personal circumstances have changed so that I can now fly the flag and pretend that I'm being "ironic".

actually, being a contrarian, like many on here, I would feel much more like flying the flag if I were in Scotland, Wales, France etc etc... but amongst a large group of Ingurland fans I would feel a sudden urge to don lederhosen and sing "deutschland uber alles" B)

Oh, I shall be flying a German flag out of the window.

;)

:lol:

It's true. While overdoing it is a bit chav, there is definitely a 'class' system running through HPC. Most of you are university educated people with money and you sometimes behave like there is no other way to be, or that anything less is beneath you. Now, I'm not knocking you for what you are or what you've got, but snobbery permeates the forum no doubt. Live and let live ffs.

OK, rant over. ;)

I'm not. I trained at work (IT) and went to college one day a week. I'm not naturally a person "with money".

I also go to work in t-shirts and white trainers. Guess I must be chavish then in the eyes of some on here! ?

Why does it?

Other countries fly their national flag with no problems. It's only in England that the 'pc' brigade has got a bee in it's bonnet about it.

BTW I don't fly the flag, especially those chavvy car ones.

If you're going to fly the flag, do it properly, i.e. on a flagpole and not out of a window, that's my view.

<<I've got two flags on my car (for balance) and I'm draping a massive flag on the front of the house. There are 3 houses up for sale so hopefully my little display will turn off any prospective purchasers >>

Thankfully there are no chavs like you living on my avenue!

Here's something that's sad.

Just saw a bit of "World Cup heaven and hell" the other night. In 1990 there were loads of union jack flags as well as st george's cross in the stadim for any England games, as far as I could tell.

Well that's well on the way out. The English are realising that the the concept of "Britishness" is being run down. I see hardly any union jacks being flown.

Yes, I do realise that the UK and England are not one and the same, but we seem to be less "united" than we've been for sometime. And yes, there is obviously tension in some quarters over flying any British flags (well, except the Welsh and Scottish ones) as if that is obviously the sign of an extremist Right-wing group.

I don't need to fly a st george's cross to demonstrate my patriotism, I do that through demonstrating my noble and charitable nature in frequent acts of kindness and chivalry. But fair play to others who do fly the flag. And b*gger the sodding housing prices.

I don't need to fly a st george's cross to demonstrate my patriotism, I do that through demonstrating my noble and charitable nature in frequent acts of kindness and chivalry. But fair play to others who do fly the flag. And b*gger the sodding housing prices.

Indeed.

If there were more people prepared to put personality above nationality the world would be a better place.

Well that's well on the way out. The English are realising that the the concept of "Britishness" is being run down. I see hardly any union jacks being flown.

Ermm most English people will support England. Not Wales or Scotland or N-Ireland. So you wouldn't expect them to fly a union jack!!

this means that I have rapidly slid down the social scale in the last couple of years.

I have to admit that I used to feel this way (IIRC it was World Cup 2002 when it really kicked in, what with it co-inciding with the Jubilee) but my personal circumstances have changed so that I can now fly the flag and pretend that I'm being "ironic".

actually, being a contrarian, like many on here, I would feel much more like flying the flag if I were in Scotland, Wales, France etc etc... but amongst a large group of Ingurland fans I would feel a sudden urge to don lederhosen and sing "deutschland uber alles" B)

Haha yes, after only 4 weeks living in Aberdeen myself and the majority of the english guys I knew up there had splashed out on england rugby shirts... would never have occured to us to buy them before.

It's only'Union Jack' when flown at sea, otherwise 'Union Flag'.

When the Queen visits your area the local kids are all given a flag to wave for free!

There are plenty of patriots who will fly the flag regardless of consequence & the best way to get them doing it is to tell them they cannot.

I tend to agree that flags displayed on commercial vehicles do pose a safety threat & look unprofessional, otherwise everything else is tongue in cheek banter, harmless camraderie.

There will always be the hooligan element attached to football unfortunately but this is universal, not just English.

Displaying a flag does not display an intention of violence or bad taste except to those 'holier than thou' who refuse to accept that some peoples idea of a laugh differs from theirs.

This whole thing is again a jaw mumbling way of detracting from bad news.

Patriotism is fine, so long as the flag waving fu*kwit can explain to me exactly what their country has done/stands for that they are so proud about.

Most of the England fans have no footballing auccess to be proud of since 1966, and the country and the way it is going is certainly nothing to be proud of either.

If I lived in a forward thinking country with a real democracy where every other person wasn't on the take then I might become patriotic too.

Can anyone think of a real reason an englishman should be patriotic??

Patriotism is fine, so long as the flag waving fu*kwit can explain to me exactly what their country has done/stands for that they are so proud about.

Most of the England fans have no footballing auccess to be proud of since 1966, and the country and the way it is going is certainly nothing to be proud of either.

If I lived in a forward thinking country with a real democracy where every other person wasn't on the take then I might become patriotic too.

Given this argument there isn't a country that has the right to be patriotic.

Therfore we have no less reason to be patriotic than any other.

So we might as well be if only to annoy the 'holier than thou'.

Well RB, I wave the flag for how Britain was up until as little as 15-20 years ago. I don't wave it to 'celebrate' the cesspit which is Britain in 2006.

I think people are confusing patriotism with nationalism. A patriot asks 'What can I do for my country?' and a nationalist asks 'What can ...' That's right - you've got it!!

After all, 'Nationalism is the last refuge of the scoundrel'. Flag wavers tend to be nationalists and cretins. I wouldn't want to live near them. They probably even read the Daily Mail, or have it read to them.

p

Edited by patprimer74
Guest Charlie The Tramp

I remember the last census where if you were English you were expected to tick the British box, whereas the other parts of the UK had a box for their Nationality eg: Welsh, Scottish etc. Many English protested by using the Other box. After many protests it was then accepted by the Government there was a Nation called England and you could state you were English, if my memory serves me well. :rolleyes:

I think people are confusing patriotism with nationalism. A patriot asks 'What can I do for my country?' and a nationalist asks 'What can ...' That's right - you've got it!!

After all, 'Nationalism is the last refuge of the scoundrel'. Flag wavers tend to be nationalists and cretins. I wouldn't want to live near them. They probably even read the Daily Mail, or have it read to them.

p

Flag wavers are hoping their demonstration of support may spur on an English sporting team to win a world wide contested sporting trophy.

They stand to gain nothing other than pride.

By your own definition that makes them patriotic.

I remember the last census where if you were English you were expected to tick the British box, whereas the other parts of the UK had a box for their Nationality eg: Welsh, Scottish etc. Many English protested by using the Other box. After many protests it was then accepted by the Government there was a Nation called England and you could state you were English, if my memory serves me well. :rolleyes:

Who told you this invented story?

p

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious - Oscar Wilde

Yep the "Star Spangled Banner" is patroitism personified, and it adorns every porch in America. Yet around the world it daily takes on the stigma that was once reserved for the swastika

Patriotism is the chain by which they bind you. It is the subconcious "Hail Mary" that absolves you from guilt, whilst you kill your fellow human being for your corrupt masters.