House Price Crash Forum
sam

Where Is Gordon Brown These Days

The Labour party has had a good kicking just lately, i cannot think of anyone that has not been on the receiving end, except one, the mighty GORDON BROWN, the big un.

The press have smelled blood these last few weeks, i just cannot help thinking that they are saving the best for last.

I know we all hate him on here, but as far as most of the public are concerned he is "THE MAN", the General election was based around him and his bragging.

We have not seen him at all, i cannot help thinking he is keeping a low profile and down the gym, getting buffed up ready to ready to take on Cameron.

I wonder if the press wil destroy him first, or be Gentleman and let Osbourne finish him off.

I have to disagree about the public , most people I talk to cant stand the bloke either.

Just to add a thought though , if aint got the balls to take on Blair now and just keep pandering to the blairite whims , then he aint got the balls to run the country , imho of course.

D

Edit - crap spelling :0)

Edited by Dames

GB is a clever but slimey one. He won't be able to hack the media limelight I reckon. He stays out of the way and only emerges when things have been stage managed in the right way.

He's had a very easy time as Chancellor really, no ones landed anything on him, despite the mess he's presided over. Even though many things are his idea/bunny (e.g. PFI, tax credits), it's amazing how other departments always cop the flack.

When the sh*t is flying around its best to stay out of the way which is what the Miracle Man is doing. Then he comes out smelling like roses while everyone else is stinking to high heaven.

Guest Riser

...I wonder if the press wil destroy him first, or be Gentleman and let Osbourne finish him off.

The thought of Osbourne finishing Brown off reminds me of the joke where the Chiwowa kills the Great Dane by sticking in its throat an choking it to death. :P

EDITED - Crap spelling.

Edited by Riser

The thought of Osbourne finishing Brown off reminds me of the joke where the Chiwowa kills the Great Dane by sticking in its throught an choking it to death. :P

Throught? Or did you mean throat?

:lol::lol::P:lol::lol:

He'll be hiding because his SCOTTISH ACCENT will automatically preclude him from supporting ENGLAND - the country he is gleefully running into the ground. He would look wrong and people might realise that LABOUR IS A SCOTTISH SABOTAGE SQUAD!

He'll be hiding because his SCOTTISH ACCENT will automatically preclude him from supporting ENGLAND - the country he is gleefully running into the ground. He would look wrong and people might realise that LABOUR IS A SCOTTISH SABOTAGE SQUAD!

A fact the English are increasingly waking up to. This is one of the reasons why Brown has been posturing with all this pro-British malarky and supporting the English footy team ********.

The real threat to the Union no longer comes from north of the border.

The Labour party has had a good kicking just lately, i cannot think of anyone that has not been on the receiving end, except one, the mighty GORDON BROWN, the big un.

The press have smelled blood these last few weeks, i just cannot help thinking that they are saving the best for last.

I know we all hate him on here, but as far as most of the public are concerned he is "THE MAN", the General election was based around him and his bragging.

We have not seen him at all, i cannot help thinking he is keeping a low profile and down the gym, getting buffed up ready to ready to take on Cameron.

I wonder if the press wil destroy him first, or be Gentleman and let Osbourne finish him off.

I know I'm a bit biased and am outed Labour man, but even so, the thought of George Osbourne 'seeing Big Gordon off' is quite laughable. They are not in the same intellectuall league. Indeed, Osbourne is one of the weakest members of the Tory Front Bench.

Brown has made many errors, particularly the PFI and, of course, underestimating the housing boom, but I think the public at large see him as 'competent', trustworthy' and all the things TB isn't.

David Cameron is much more interesting. He is very good at the spin, but i haven't seen much substance yet. Even though he worked for Norman Lamont (what a great chancellor he was - ha ha ha), and wrote much of the last Tory election manifesto, he seems to have recognised that being nasty, xenophobic and intolerent is not going to win an election.

Cameron v Brown will be an interesting match. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Brown has made many errors, particularly the PFI and, of course, underestimating the housing boom, but I think the public at large see him as 'competent', trustworthy' and all the things TB isn't.

shouldn't that read:

Brown has made many errors, particularly the PFI and, of course, underestimating the housing boom, but I think the public at large see him as 'competent', trustworthy' and all the things that he isn't.

He's an utter crook and the master of sleight of hand.

David Cameron is much more interesting. He is very good at the spin, but i haven't seen much substance yet. Even though he worked for Norman Lamont (what a great chancellor he was - ha ha ha), and wrote much of the last Tory election manifesto, he seems to have recognised that being nasty, xenophobic and intolerent is not going to win an election.

Not yet it won't whilst the public are turned off from politics, but when things get a bit rough, unemployment HPC, the public will bay for blood, they won't want that type of politics IMO

GB may be hoping he'll come out smelling of roses and ready to take over from a s(t)inking T Bliar.

The man I think he should be watching out for and may already have set up for a fall is John Reid, look at his CV:

Former Defence Secretary, former Health Secretary, ex Northern Ireland Secretary, ex Scottish Secretary, one time Party Chairman and Leader of the House and of course now the new Home Secretary.

I think he is the man who may kick GB out of line for the PM's post, even though he is another Scot (something that seems to bring out the racists on this forum!)

Reid is regularly seen on morning TV shows explaining the Govt's stance on issues and is able to project himself far better than GB ever will.

Whilst never a Nu Labour supporter, I shall watch Mr Reid with interest, if he survives the Home Secretary's post his next may well be Prime Minister.

GB may be hoping he'll come out smelling of roses and ready to take over from a s(t)inking T Bliar.

The man I think he should be watching out for and may already have set up for a fall is John Reid, look at his CV:

Former Defence Secretary, former Health Secretary, ex Northern Ireland Secretary, ex Scottish Secretary, one time Party Chairman and Leader of the House and of course now the new Home Secretary.

I think he is the man who may kick GB out of line for the PM's post, even though he is another Scot (something that seems to bring out the racists on this forum!)

Reid is regularly seen on morning TV shows explaining the Govt's stance on issues and is able to project himself far better than GB ever will.

Whilst never a Nu Labour supporter, I shall watch Mr Reid with interest, if he survives the Home Secretary's post his next may well be Prime Minister.

He's a tough nut for sure. And an ex-communist, I believe......

You dont have to be racist to be wary of the Scots in New Labour.

IIRC under New Labour, the Scots get around £2000 more per person per year in state largesse than the English.

They have been given their own parliament and their Westminster MPs can vote on matters that do not affect their own constituencies but do affect the English. Top-Up fees for universities is a prime example.

Tony Bliar is Scots Born. The Chancellor is a Scot. The Home Secretary is also a Scot. The Transport Secretary is also a Scot. There are several other Scots in the cabinet. In fact, the English are under-represented in the Cabinet at the moment. Perhaps we should have some positive-action schemes in place?

I am surprised the Scottish connection is only just coming up, surely this was obvious from the outset!!.

Do people in the UK really walk around with their heads up their backsides, its seems to me that the public adopt a policy of "I am alright Jack".

The reason you can see neither Tony, or Gordon about is that they are overseas in Goa where surgery is very cheap and also very discreet.

The operation funded by the Tax Payer was for Ars3hole transplants, however there have been complications as in both cases the Ars3holes have rejected them.

Edited by laurejon

Guest Riser

The operation funded by the Tax Payer was for Ars3hole transplants, however there have been complications as in both cases the Ars3holes have rejected them.

Browns ars3hole transplant took much longer than expected because he kept disturbing the stitches with his tongue :blink:

...John Reid, look at his CV:

That many positions has he had!!! Was he that rubbish at all of them to be moved around as much as that. He certainly made a crap health secretary, say smoking is good for you or something pro smoking¬!

Edited by Spoony

I think the smoking thing was a slip of the tongue.

He meant to say, Smoking is good for Gordon, not only because the life expectency of a smoker is drastically reduced, but mainly because there is 5 quids worth of duty now on a packet of ciggarettes.

There's a piece on Reid in the latest Private Eye. A precis: ex Stalinist, PhD thesis on the economic history of West Africa, ex-alcoholic, interferer with the work of the Standards Commisioner, friend of Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic.

More importantly though- do none of you read the Private Eye? Can you not afford the £1.40 every two weeks, or do you not have the half the half an hour spare to read it? Make an effort for goodness sake :rolleyes:.

Rave, well said. I have been a subscriber of Private Eye for twenty years. It is the only publication that dares to tell the truth. It digs up the muck on politicians, journalists, councillors and tells it exactly as it is without fear or favour.

Everyone on this site should read it if they really want to know how corrupt this country has become. A must read.

I have wanted to start reading one of these type mags for a while. Can someone summarize the difference between PE and The Spectator? Is Boris and the rest of the shananigans The Spectator?

I have wanted to start reading one of these type mags for a while. Can someone summarize the difference between PE and The Spectator? Is Boris and the rest of the shananigans The Spectator?

Private Eye is a satirical magazine that unearths dirt on politicians, business an anyone in power. Its funny, and treats all politicians in equal contempt.

the Spectator is a right wing weekly that used to be edited by the one and only Boris. he had to leave after he was offered a front bench role for the Tories, but alienating most of Liverpool and being unable to keep his little soldier in his trousers did not help his editorial career.

There are some interesting writers and some complete nutters at the Spectator. I always think the magazine represents is the sort of reading material for angry toffs who don't like the modern world.

I know I'm a bit biased and am outed Labour man, but even so, the thought of George Osbourne 'seeing Big Gordon off' is quite laughable. They are not in the same intellectuall league. Indeed, Osbourne is one of the weakest members of the Tory Front Bench.

Cameron v Brown will be an interesting match. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Have to say I don't think it will be interesting at all. It is beginning to look like very one-sided to me.

If we go forward 3 years.

Minge is even more old and tired than he is now and, if it were possible, even less effective. LibDems have shot themselves in both feet making him the leader.

New Labour miracle is clearly in tatters. Massive increases in public sector have done nothing and we have a million more public sector workers to pay and fund their pensions. Unemployment is back up and tax rises, council tax rises, utility increases, inflation from the oil price increase etc is really beginning to bite. And, you never know, we may have had some IR increases the housing market could be down the pan.

As long as the right-wing ***** element of the Tory party shut up, David Cameron looks like a racing certainty to me.