House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MarkyB

More Positive Bbc Spin

BBC rubbish here!

"UK retail sales volumes rose at their fastest pace in one-and-a-half years in May and are set to rise faster in June, business group the CBI says.

The CBI's monthly distributive trades survey's monthly sales balance rose to +9 in May from +2 in April.

More retailers taking part in its survey reported that sales volumes were up (36%) on a year ago than said they were down (27%).

But retail jobs went at the sharpest pace in the survey's 23-year history.

World Cup effect

The CBI says the job losses reflect difficult trading conditions and continued pressure on retailers to cut prices.

However retailers expect sales to keep rising next month, with the expectations balance for June rising to +12, the highest since March 2005.

"Let's hope that retailers' cautious optimism becomes a reality, with a successful World Cup stimulating demand," said John Longworth, chairman of the CBI's survey panel.

There were increased sales of large electrical items, such as televisions and fridges, which may be linked to preparations for the World Cup. "

Yet "More" positive Spin from BBC, surely they are trying to raise confidence in a dead retail zone at the moment with these really useless statistics. with more retailers suggesting they are up rather than down. Why couldn't they present the information like 36 in a 100 survey'd retailers suggested that like 4 like sales was up.

But 27 in a 100 suggested they was "still" down YTD. (more realistic scenario).

In a rising market, with growth in the UK, you would expect to see and much higher proportion achieving higher sales.

I would love to see the actual percentages of Like for Like sales in terms of values and quantities. Im sure maybe you would see reducing prices and less stable quantities, as consumers become more and more price sensitive. Also, what segment of the market do these retailers come from/ and regional analysis. Most likely the increases are the lower priced/discounted retailers, rather than the more expensive high ticket products.

And to think I pay over 130 per year to the BBC for this S**T.

Do something useful with the money please BBC, make more episodes of TOP GEAR please... only decent thing they produce!

And to think I pay over 130 per year to the BBC for this S**T.

Do something useful with the money please BBC, make more episodes of TOP GEAR please... only decent thing they produce!

and Planet Earth, and Line of Beauty, and Eastenders. BBC do a lot of quality programming, but post Hutton report their news has become a mouthpiece of government

I really think BBC News operation [incl Radio news and BBC News section of website] should be sold of to a private organisation. I'd rather have the small risk of impartiality coming from commerce than the direct control by NuLabour we see at the moment

and Planet Earth, and Line of Beauty, and Eastenders. BBC do a lot of quality programming, but post Hutton report their news has become a mouthpiece of government

I really think BBC News operation [incl Radio news and BBC News section of website] should be sold of to a private organisation. I'd rather have the small risk of impartiality coming from commerce than the direct control by NuLabour we see at the moment

I see what your saying, but isnt that what they tried to acheive or portray with the MPC, yet we know realistically who is pulling the strings! Its just propaganda on a new level!

Freedom of Contract and Human Rights under EC law may prohibit the imposition of a TV license fee for those who wish to "opt out" of Government programming.

A nice test case for a good Constitutional/Human Rights lawyer?

Freedom of Contract and Human Rights under EC law may prohibit the imposition of a TV license fee for those who wish to "opt out" of Government programming.

A nice test case for a good Constitutional/Human Rights lawyer?

I love Top Gear. However, I wonder how long Jeremy Clarkson will survive seeing as he is wonderfully politically incorrect and has no truck with all this global warming nonsense spouted by enviro-nazis?

Not long

I love Top Gear. However, I wonder how long Jeremy Clarkson will survive seeing as he is wonderfully politically incorrect and has no truck with all this global warming nonsense spouted by enviro-nazis?

Not long

the bbc showed him smoking a ciggie on the telly recently..my hero!

JC, he says what he feels, and feels for what he says (with a passion)

My kind of BBC representative... representing the people rather than the government!

No crap kinda guy!... fair play!... thats why I enjoy the program so much, with out him, it would be nothing! Just need to bring back tiff!!

or is he the real stig... ????? ;)

On the subject of the BBC licence...

1) Someone I know went against all my recomendations and bought a new buld property.

2) The first bit of post waiting in the hallway was a nast letter from the BBC threatenting

to appear with a warent to search the property.

I can't beleive it! They dont deserve the money. I have suggested that my friend does not buy a licence and as for the whole detector van threat... the only reason they know you dont have a licence because they compare the addresses on their database of people that have paid with another database of addresses that have not paid. They can not detect that you have or not have a TV in this way... and the amount of paperwork involved of even searching a suspected terrorists house for chemicals etc... they are not going to turn up to your house with a warrent.

If you live in a flat then they have no chance of detecting you with a van....

Also.. if you have a LCD flat screen tv... its invisible. Detector vans need the old CRT monsters.

So you are all safe.

They may word their letters cleaverly with threats... the bloke who turns up at your door with no warrent saying they may be able to get one is legaly not allowed in your home unless you invite them. Send them away to get one and if they do demand to read it before they enter.

BBC are scum bags. If you want to opt out you should be able to. Compulsory subscription should be illigal! I don't want to pay for a news service I think is rubbish and is poluting the UK, don't we have the right to vote with our cash? I don't like their service... i do want to watch other channels.

When I move back to the UK i am not going to pay the licence. I have a lovley HUGE desktop monitor and a fantastic surround sound system. I have a DVD player and all the correct sockets in the back of my pc... i will pick up a tv receiver card for my PC.

Grrrrrrrr.

CAS

On the subject of the BBC licence...

1) Someone I know went against all my recomendations and bought a new buld property.

2) The first bit of post waiting in the hallway was a nast letter from the BBC threatenting

to appear with a warent to search the property.

I can't beleive it! They dont deserve the money. I have suggested that my friend does not buy a licence and as for the whole detector van threat... the only reason they know you dont have a licence because they compare the addresses on their database of people that have paid with another database of addresses that have not paid. They can not detect that you have or not have a TV in this way... and the amount of paperwork involved of even searching a suspected terrorists house for chemicals etc... they are not going to turn up to your house with a warrent.

If you live in a flat then they have no chance of detecting you with a van....

Also.. if you have a LCD flat screen tv... its invisible. Detector vans need the old CRT monsters.

So you are all safe.

They may word their letters cleaverly with threats... the bloke who turns up at your door with no warrent saying they may be able to get one is legaly not allowed in your home unless you invite them. Send them away to get one and if they do demand to read it before they enter.

BBC are scum bags. If you want to opt out you should be able to. Compulsory subscription should be illigal! I don't want to pay for a news service I think is rubbish and is poluting the UK, don't we have the right to vote with our cash? I don't like their service... i do want to watch other channels.

When I move back to the UK i am not going to pay the licence. I have a lovley HUGE desktop monitor and a fantastic surround sound system. I have a DVD player and all the correct sockets in the back of my pc... i will pick up a tv receiver card for my PC.

Grrrrrrrr.

CAS

difficult with a sky dish on the front of ya house! lol lol lol

relax