House Price Crash Forum
HovelinHove

Who Is Sponsoring This? Oh Yes, Us Savers.

How very Brighton

If ever there's a town that closely mirrors the rise and fall of NuLabour and Gordons Miracle Ecomomy its Brighton Skidrow-on-Sea

Fashionable from late 90's till around 3 years ago, all the TV producers, media-types and London money has now sold-up and shipped-out, leaving behind a high-tide mark of cheaply suited EA's, ironic sub-hoxton newmedia lakeys, chavs with bad asymetric haircuts, and Cash Converter shops

If it's the creditors picking up the tab when the debtor can't pay, then surely this is the banks fault for having such lax lending criteria. If they lend to proven debtors such as this woman then they deserve to get burnt.

Bankruptcy, and the people who go bankrupt really piss me off.

Fair enough, if you work hard to start a new business, and it never really works, go bankrupt, at least you tried.

But to spend £10,000's on clothes, shoes, going out and other crap and expect someone else to pick up the tab is ludicrous.

People like that shold be made to pay back every penny, with interest, and be paid an allowance from their employer (as part of their salary) in food/housing vouchers so they can't spend it on 'fun' things. All other earnings should be deducted at source to pay off the debt.

You may think it's the banks / CC companys / government etc who pay, but ultimatly we all pay through interest rates and charges etc.

Damn I hate people like that.

Rant over...

Stuart

Sounds like they should inject her with something a little stronger than botox.... anthrax maybe.

Or how about a good smack around the head with something! :angry:

This kind of thing infuriates me.....

When is someone going to do something about people like her? - I probably won't be going on a holiday this year and have never stayed in a 5* hotel in my life - all so I can save money and maybe look after myself someday, yes maybe even buy a poxy one bedroom flat somewhere (though that is obviously a ridiculous thing to want to do). I dont know WTF I am bothering, I might have well have got knocked up at 15 as at least then i would have my own council house (they are building some lovely new ones in Edinburgh soon) and probably have SkyTV/Broadband in it - none of which I can afford now - heck I could even have started drinking properly claimed I was a depressed alcoholic with a bad back then I would never have had to work again - and I could very well get more in benefits than I currently earn (from what I can calculate)

I see this woman's car in Hove quite frequently (she parks outside an Italian restaurant on Church Road), I used to look at it with a bit of envy, now I'll laugh my socks off!

Your points about Brighton are so true. I grew up round here, and in the past decade it has been become infested with London media types, ageing fat woman with their hair died blonde and a pair of two hundred quid sunglasses in their hair. I despise them.

I used to look at it with a bit of envy, now I'll laugh my socks off!

Or buy it for peanuts at auction once the creditors have snatched it :P

She's a mascot for Gordon's economy, the epitome of what's happening.

People that can borrow will. Blame the governments and banks for letting it happen. They make no assurances it will ever be paid back.

But then thinking about it: banks aren't worried about it all being paid back. Only 10% of what is lent out relates to real money (the reserve), the rest is just fiction anyway, how can you lose something you never had? (Unless I've misunderstood this fractional reserve --grand corporate fraud-- banking thing.)