House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tatty

Now You Don't Even Need A Divorce To Lose Your House...

There's no escape for men now.

Nonsense, there are lots of options for sensible men:

1. Emigrate.

2. Hire hookers.

3. Kick her out after 18 months.

It's the women who are in trouble.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13526375,00.html

So you live with a woman for a couple of years but decide she's not the one for you. No problem splitting up as long as you give her half of your house, pension and maintenace.

There's no escape for men now. You're going to be a meal ticket for women whether you like it or not.

Cuts both ways. Shack up with a rich bint! :lol:

Nonsense, there are lots of options for sensible men:

1. Emigrate.

2. Hire hookers.

3. Kick her out after 18 months.

It's the women who are in trouble.

Getting her a rent book?

Yep, kick her out just before the qualifying period

TBH it might be cheaper to hire prostitutes and cleaners and become a sperm donor

:lol:

Edited by dnd

An 18 month rolling contract would be best, the message is clear, lawyers and contracts will govern everything, everything and everyone is a commodity. This is the natural outcome of our system. :ph34r:

1. Rent a house

2. Don't tell her where you've stashed the gold

3. Admit that your pension is non-existent (a done deal if you under 30)

4. Do a baby for liberty swap so she can chav off the state.

Or simply move to the channel islands where you can still beat your wife and marry your sister. Maybe we could introduce sharia law, hence your wife is legally entitled to half that of a goat? :unsure:

Go for the 'all-in-one' French-maid's-outfit package.

A cleaner and a 'service agent', what a wonderful combination, this could catch on!

Edited by BuyingBear

An 18 month rolling contract would be best, the message is clear, lawyers and contracts will govern everything, everything and everyone is a commodity. This is the natural outcome of our system. :ph34r:

It did cross my mind on reading the article that the people who stand to benefit are the lawyers who will now have a fee to earn everytime two people decide they enjoy each others company. I was going to type various words after that, including ones beginning with c, f and b.

Unfortunately none of them really do the situation justice.

To think, women wonder why men have committment issues.

We all know people and feelings change...are we silly enough to take the risk for a shag?

Guest Winners and Losers

are we silly enough to take the risk for a shag?

Do you really want me to answer that? :rolleyes:

Wonder if this is another scheme to save the govenment doleing out cash - yet another stealth tax

If your partner gets nothing following a split then they are more likely to apply for/receive state handouts

Guest Bart of Darkness
It did cross my mind on reading the article that the people who stand to benefit are the lawyers who will now have a fee to earn everytime two people decide they enjoy each others company.

Well it is the recommendation of The Law Commission.

Would I be right in thinking that lawyers or former lawyers comprise this far-thinking organisation?

This new law is a boon for:

+ Property demand: separate homes for everyone

...another way to prop up HPI in time for the next election?

It did cross my mind on reading the article that the people who stand to benefit are the lawyers who will now have a fee to earn everytime two people decide they enjoy each others company. I was going to type various words after that, including ones beginning with c, f and b.

Unfortunately none of them really do the situation justice.

Justice, this is not justice at all

Not only that if you drink but are not even violent to anyone your woman can kill you and walk free from the court room.

Boys it’s time to get out and play around for 17 months and 27 days and then start over all again with a new model.

Just where will big brother stop playing around in our lives.

Six years ago I lived with a girl who always declared "I'll never try to swindle you out of money if we part.". During the three years of living together she contributed to arguments and nothing else. When I asked her to leave my house she had the temerity to try for half of everything, on the false assumption she'd become a common-law wife. The bitch had also been stashing loads of cash into deposit accounts all the time I was struggling to pay the mortgage, council tax etc. Her rationale was that she had missed out on housing equity by living with me!!! Would she have shown such enthusiasm if the house was in negative equity? I have come across many women who are devious with money and I'm sure that woman have the same problem with men.

We have an institution called marriage for a reason; it's just been devalued once again.

Look forward to living in single-bed hamster cages and becoming paranoid and deluded.

So here's the way out for when your partner is unfaithful:

1. Set up an offshore account.

2. Remove all the equity from the house (and a bit more).

3. Dump the money.

4. Get your partner to help pay the legal costs and negative equity.

Nice world we live in. :D

Edited by Xurbia

What a complete joke. I cannot believe the government are seriously going with this.

If people want legal protection, etc etc, then they can get MARRIED.

I did it, it didn't do me any harm, and I doubt it will do so in the future.

The main reason that marriage/divorce laws is to protect mothers and children, not people (men or women) who ponced off their partners.

We're heading to hell in a handcart with this government. What an utter bunch of jokers.

We're heading to hell in a handcart with this government. What an utter bunch of jokers.

Lucky for Prescott it doesn't apply to mistresses!

Guest Bart of Darkness
Lucky for Prescott it doesn't apply to mistresses!

I think they were considering it until a quick call from Tony put them right.

How soon before legal rights are extended to one night stands?

I think they were considering it until a quick call from Tony put them right.

Imagine a retrospective law which gave rights to the ugly bint, like the one from an alcohol-fuelled 'pull a pig night', to move in to your house. Perhaps this could lead to a new wave of austerity and celibacy?!!!!!

You may have to get used to have over-sized knickers and over-sized pizza boxes adorning the bedroom if she was really rough.

Frightening.

One of Laurence Fishburne's first acting roles was in a movie called 'Cherry 2000', where he plays a lawyer negotiating 'one night stand contracts' in a night-club...

Edited by MarkG

Well it is the recommendation of The Law Commission.

Would I be right in thinking that lawyers or former lawyers comprise this far-thinking organisation?

Don't worry, the Law Commission takes so long to come up with any proposals that we will all be well past shagging anything by the time the recommendations are out... :)

Don't worry, the Law Commission takes so long to come up with any proposals that we will all be well past shagging anything by the time the recommendations are out... :)

If they apply the rules retrospectively we'll all be f**ked, retrospectively and painfully!

If they apply the rules retrospectively we'll all be f**ked, retrospectively and painfully!

I suppose this all makes sense when a law to ask a drunk girl (or bloke?) if she/he is consenting to sex is being proposed as the only way to increase rape convictions. Why the micro-management of every detail of people's lives by an intrusive government? Probably one more reason to emigrate...

Six years ago I lived with a girl who always declared "I'll never try to swindle you out of money if we part.". During the three years of living together she contributed to arguments and nothing else. When I asked her to leave my house she had the temerity to try for half of everything, on the false assumption she'd become a common-law wife. The bitch had also been stashing loads of cash into deposit accounts all the time I was struggling to pay the mortgage, council tax etc. Her rationale was that she had missed out on housing equity by living with me!!! Would she have shown such enthusiasm if the house was in negative equity? I have come across many women who are devious with money and I'm sure that woman have the same problem with men.

We have an institution called marriage for a reason; it's just been devalued once again.

Look forward to living in single-bed hamster cages and becoming paranoid and deluded.

So here's the way out for when your partner is unfaithful:

1. Set up an offshore account.

2. Remove all the equity from the house (and a bit more).

3. Dump the money.

4. Get your partner to help pay the legal costs and negative equity.

Nice world we live in. :D

Why did you put up with her for 3 years?

Edited by Scooter

I suppose this all makes sense when a law to ask a drunk girl (or bloke?) if she/he is consenting to sex is being proposed as the only way to increase rape convictions.

Drunken girls are often a slobbering mess, their attentions are far from a complement!

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Why did you put up with her for 3 years?

;) One can guess, she obviously came in useful when it came to polishing the floors and worktops.