House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smarter than the average bear

"door Open For Boe Cutting Rates Going Into 2007"

Traders spent the morning digesting weaker-than-expected UK April mortgage lending data, showing mortgage approvals were the weakest in seven months. Gavin Redknapp of Standard Chartered said: "Today's data send a pretty clear signal that the mini-boom in the housing market may well be petering out." He noted that without rising house prices household spending was likely to disappoint, opening the door to the Bank of England cutting rates going into 2007.

Absolutely! If we let houses get cheaper, our farcicle economny will come crashing down around our ears! Keep cutting those rates!

One question though - what happens when the fuel runs out and we hit zero percent? My guess is that we'd coast slowly back downhill like the Japanese have done for the past 15 years.

Now that's what I call a plan!

With any luck, the BoE are ignoring twonks like Mr. Redknapp and are concentrating on the bigger picture - which is that inflation is brewing and rate rises elsewhere are gathering momentum.

Guest Alright Jack

Hey some of the bears on here are pretty smart. Some of them are frighteningly mislead though - those who believe prices are coming down for instance.

that is the silliest 'quote' I've seen all year.

Don't these people even read the fikkin papers? Have they not noticed that interet rates EVERYWHERE else are on the up, and once Japan commit, it's game over for cheap money till the next cycle begins (2020???)

I dunno.

Just goes to show. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. And those who can't teach get daddy to find them a 'job' at an 'investment bank'.

Does the MPC soley exist to maintain the house of cards and forever inflate house prices?

Does the Telegraph soley exist to suggest that the MPC soley exists to maintain the house of cards and forever inflate house prices?

Guest Alright Jack

Does the Telegraph soley exist to suggest that the MPC soley exists to maintain the house of cards and forever inflate house prices?

Does megaflop exist soley to question whether the Telegraph soley exists to suggest that the MPC exists soley to maintain the house of cards forever?

Absolutely! If we let houses get cheaper, our farcicle economny will come crashing down around our ears! Keep cutting those rates!

One question though - what happens when the fuel runs out and we hit zero percent? My guess is that we'd coast slowly back downhill like the Japanese have done for the past 15 years.

Now that's what I call a plan!

This government will actually PAY YOU to take out a mortgage to keep it going. They are trialling it at the moment... its called TAX CREDITS.

Alls you do is BRIBE the nation with FUNDS so they are happy and do what the f*ck you like!!!

This government are playing a dangerous game by being in denial. They need to listen to MERV before its too late.

TB

Hey some of the bears on here are pretty smart. Some of them are frighteningly mislead though - those who believe prices are coming down for instance.

Prices WONT come down.......... For Fuel :P

Surely it woud be more foolish to believe that house prices only ever go up; that they NEVER fall. They have fallen in the past, so to say that they NEVER fall is a lie. Are you saying that they will never ever fall again?

Please don't tell me that they always go up in the long run. The price of Smarties always goes up in the long run too. Perhaps you bulls should pile into Nestle shares?

Surely it woud be more foolish to believe that house prices only ever go up; that they NEVER fall. They have fallen in the past, so to say that they NEVER fall is a lie. Are you saying that they will never ever fall again?

Please don't tell me that they always go up in the long run. The price of Smarties always goes up in the long run too. Perhaps you bulls should pile into Nestle shares?

House prices only ever go up. They never come down.

The Nationwide data adjusted for inflation showing a unbroken run of almost mirror like falls after booms is a lie.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/

Anything you say is a lie. So don't bother saying it.

Don't even think it. Don't even exist.

:lol::lol::lol:

It still amazes me the strange ideas people have.

I saw somebody on another investors forum (vaguely related to operatic pigs) claiming house prices doubled every 7 years or so in real terms.

I was going to point out that in 50 years this would equate to a staggering increase of 128 times (2 power 7). But I just let the guy brew in his own stupidity. Does this make me a bad person for not letting him know? Probably...

:huh:

I guess what he's saying is that they never STAY down. Falls are followed by rises, as sure as night follows day.

You pays your money and takes your choice.