House Price Crash Forum

Eurozone Inflation Figures Released

HOLA441

http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a...rollingnews.htm

Eurozone inflation indicator rises

Wednesday, May 31 10:25:22

(BizWorld)

The eurozone harmonised index of consumer prices (HICP) - a measure of inflation - rose a provisional 2.5pc year-on-year in May compared with a year-on-year rise of 2.4pc in April, EU statistics office Eurostat said today.
The figure was slightly higher than expected
with most economists polled forecasting a rise of 2.4pc.
Final HICP figures are due to be released on June 15.

There is no let up on the IR front. With our Katie gone bear on the MPC we should see some nice hikes in the coming months.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I wish someone would put the rates up instead of just debating it. The sooner they're up the sooner house prices will achieve normality.

Totally agree. There's been enough talk, it's now time for decisive action.

HOLA446

Looks like the talk is over and the action is beginning:

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&ar...&action=article

FRANKFURT (AFX) -
Interest rates increased at the European Central Bank's longer-term refinancing operation
, on market expectations of hikes in the ECB's main rate.
The ECB said the weighted average interest rate on accepted bids at today's longer-term refinancing operation rose to 2.88 pct from 2.78 pct at the previous operation on April 26.
The marginal rate -- the lowest rate at which bids were accepted --
rose to 2.87 pct from 2.76 pct
at the previous operation.

It seems that the slowness in central bank action is being overtaken by the banks themselves. This may soon happen in the UK despite Gordon's desperate attempts to keep IR low to maintain HPI momentum and easy borrowing to keep the "Miracle Economy" going until he can get into number 10.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Words most used on HPC:

When,soon,coming,future,please.

Words you use when you become credible:

Have,now,come,present,thanks.

As I used to say to my kids, come back and tell me when youve achieved something - talking of what you are going to achieve is meaningless until it happens - but then most of you know that from the past 3 years of using those very same words..

HOLA449
HOLA4410

As I used to say to my kids, come back and tell me when youve achieved something - talking of what you are going to achieve is meaningless until it happens

Well, have they come to you yet?

I'd like to think my own kids find me more approachable.

HOLA4411

are actually "f*ck off NoddyDumbFvckSunBleader"

You have nothing to contribute except to try and bait other posters in the lamest way. Why don't you just p1ss off back to Foxtons and get on with your photocopying of 'particulars' theres a good little estate agent.

Good afternoon or in your case not. How are things in Chav Land?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

You must be one helluva dad . . .

Thanks, nice to see it's not only my kids who think so :D . The point is that comments like "we should see some nice IR hikes in the coming months" are pointless, subjective and frankly bl00dy obvious and are an insult to anyone who can think for themself. Keep the subject factual and cut down on the childish hysterics.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

There is no let up on the IR front. With our Katie gone bear on the MPC we should see some nice hikes in the coming months.

I fear not. Even though it looks like we'll be importing inflation by default (that'll be fiddled away in the CPI & RPI figures, as usual), a single .25% hike is all I reckon we'll get later this Summer when everyone's on holiday. August, probably.

Interesting to note that BBC News just commented on Nationwide's monthly figures which weren't as strong as expected and how this will encourage the BOE to leave rates untouched (despite the fact that HPI should not be any concern of the MPC/BOE); funny how they never suggested rate rises when HPI enjoyed larger increases earlier this year. Don't you just love Brown's Broadcasting Corporation?

<_<

HOLA4418

Interesting to note that BBC News just commented on Nationwide's monthly figures which weren't as strong as expected and how this will encourage the BOE to leave rates untouched (despite the fact that HPI should not be any concern of the MPC/BOE); funny how they never suggested rate rises when HPI enjoyed larger increases earlier this year. Don't you just love Brown's Broadcasting Corporation?

Yes - I find this very annoying. :rolleyes: