House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

London To Only Build "green" Homes

Just on the BBC 10pm London news.

London only to build green homes. Will cost 10% more apparently, but in one development in Brixton some pukka gaffs will only cost 70 quid to heat each year.

Hmmm. More planning regulations? Or a higher quality of home?

Just on the BBC 10pm London news.

London only to build green homes. Will cost 10% more apparently, but in one development in Brixton some pukka gaffs will only cost 70 quid to heat each year.

Hmmm. More planning regulations? Or a higher quality of home?

Interesting. I think it will be great if they do build greener homes. I think it starts to get people thinking about what environmentally sustainable development is.

Is it, preserving green belt exactly as it was in 1947 or is it building ecologically sound homes in a sustainable and well planned way?

frugalista

Is it, preserving green belt exactly as it was in 1947 or is it building ecologically sound homes in a sustainable and well planned way?

frugalista

That's it. I also wonder whether the emphasis on whether a house doesn't let out heat detracts from the energy cost involved in building the home, knocking it down and building another one if the first one turns out to be a) ugly, B) cheap cr@p likely to fall down, or c) both.

I think he's probably referring in main about the new approved documents L1 A&B and L2 A&B of the Building Regulations which came into force on April 6th concerning "Conservation of Fuel and Energy", which not only applies to new build domestic but also new build commercial and extensions/alterations to existing stock.

I think the rest my just be a little hot wind from red Ken himself. ;)

I think he's probably referring in main about the new approved documents L1 A&B and L2 A&B of the Building Regulations which came into force on April 6th concerning "Conservation of Fuel and Energy", which not only applies to new build domestic but also new build commercial and extensions/alterations to existing stock.

I think the rest my just be a little hot wind from red Ken himself. ;)

Red Ken!!?? Hot air!!?? Never!!!