House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cupidstunt

Green Belt Land Cost Me Dear

The mind boggles, at the the assumptions of some people, it's the BTL mentality let loose, have they heard the adage that if it sounds to good to be true and all that

"under the assumption planning permission was very likely in about six months to a year."

What a complete and utter muppet, we've been over this before. Why on earth would somebody sell you land for £10k if they could sit on it for 6 months and and benefit from >1000% planning gain? Basically if these companies are so clever why do they need your poxy £10k?

I have now been told this is not likely and advised to transfer to another site at Weybridge, which will probably obtain planning permission in 18-24 months. I have been told that if I want out I will lose 25% of my initial investment. What should I do?

:rolleyes:

A friend of mine was on the phone recently about a similar thing. His mate had seen an advert a the side of the road (of all places :rolleyes: ) offering land and showing a web address.

Anyways, long and short of it was they needed £12k and it'd be worth 5 times that in approx five years when planning permission would be likely be granted.

He was ready to sign up, though to be fair it was the "mate" that was encouraging him.

I asked him if he had an asset that would be worth five times the amount in five years, would he give it away? Naturally he said no. These are basic questions that people need to ask themselves, but seem unable to.

NDL

I asked him if he had an asset that would be worth five times the amount in five years, would he give it away? Naturally he said no. These are basic questions that people need to ask themselves, but seem unable to.

Quite, when will the wider BTL crowd realise they're left holding the baby and all the debt?

I have now been told this is not likely and advised to transfer to another site at Weybridge, which will probably obtain planning permission in 18-24 months. I have been told that if I want out I will lose 25% of my initial investment. What should I do?

:rolleyes:

Brilliant.

He's been had, lost 25%, and he's still considering getting stung again.... on the same scam. Priceless.

My dad paid 10k for some 2 years ago, warned him when he was doing it, dont even think he has the paper work... still in 50 years it might be worth something....

I think these could be the new Hearts or Women Empowering Women Pyramid Schemes..... - it's already been all over stuff like Watchdog..... - muppets.

I think these could be the new Hearts or Women Empowering Women Pyramid Schemes..... - it's already been all over stuff like Watchdog..... - muppets.

Quite, same people behind it too as mentioned in the article, they certainly latch onto the current property obsessed meme in the general public, and they can quite easily present this as the poor man's BTL. Well, you just can't go wrong with 'propertee' can you?