House Price Crash Forum
uro_who

Met 10 People Today

Further evidence of GB's economic miracle today. I saw about 10 patients in clinic. Out of these 2 had lost their jobs. One call centre (with excellent IT skills) second an aero engineer. Call centre going to India, engineering going to eastern europe.

Next door neighbour is a train engineer. All work going to east germany.

Anyone spot a pattern?

Edited by uro_who

Further evidence of GB's economic miracle today. I saw about 10 patients in clinic. Out of these 2 had lost their jobs. One call centre (with excellent IT skills) second an aero engineer. Call centre going to India, engineering going to eastern europe.

Anyone spot a pattern?

Yep, if you had excellent IT skills, you wouldn't be working in a call centre :)

Daft fool met a girl, who lived in a different part of the country. Left his business and clients behind and needed cash and a job quick. Seemed like the best thing to do.

The things we do for love.

Daft fool met a girl, who lived in a different part of the country. Left his business and clients behind and needed cash and a job quick. Seemed like the best thing to do.

Maybe the crazy things we end up doing for love shows how important love is? Far more important than temporarily owning a pile of breeze blocks on the Queen's land (or even shiny, shiny gold!)

Why couldn't this girl move? Working in the medical profession, have you heard the 'Fitness to Practice' album? (if not, you must get it). Brings to mind the song about the quadraplegic! Maybe if she'd really felt the same way, she'd have realised that the best thing for their future together was for her to move to him, preserving his future income.... Really hope this guy doesn't loose a decent job and the woman...

Anyone spot a pattern?

Hmm, let's see, in your clinic. The redundancies wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they all piss their pants everytime somebody cracks a joke at work? :P

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Hmm, let's see, in your clinic. The redundancies wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they all piss their pants everytime somebody cracks a joke at work? :P

I would be very careful of making fun of uro who, you may end up suffering from an embarasing leak and may find yourself at his clinic. ;)

I would be very careful of making fun of uro who, you may end up suffering from an embarasing leak and may find yourself at his clinic. ;)

Indeed, I've heard that little dribble we all get just gets worse and worse as you get older.

Don't worry, I can give a 50% reduction of my normal fees for HPC co-workers.

Oddly enough I trained at Charing Cross and Westminster (or CXWMS as we used to call it) which has become Imperial College School of Medicine. I learnt most from my membership of the climbing club but thats another story.

Where can I buy the album, anyone know?

I love this forum. Such a collection of losers.

"I met some people today and 2 of them had been made redundant (including an "IT expert" working in a call centre. [LOL!]) This proves that the end of the world is nigh".

Well for what it's worth, I was made redundant 3 weeks ago and have already found a new job that pays me 80% more than the last one. I accept that I'm lucky, but just wanted to make the point that life is certainly unpredictable, but can continue quite happily for most of us, despite what the manic depressives on HPC might think.

Don't judge people by their misfortunes, but by how they deal with them.

Edited by brassfarthing

[quote name='uro_who'

Like walking in the rain and the snow and there's nowhere to go and you're feeling like a part of you is dying.

Name that song.

Well for what it's worth, I was made redundant 3 weeks ago and have already found a new job that pays me 80% more than the last one. I accept that I'm lucky, but just wanted to make the point that life is certainly unpredictable, but can continue quite happily for most of us, despite what the manic depressives on HPC might think.

Get on the lottery Sunny Jim, the jackpot has your name plastered all over it. ;)

As with your goodself now gaining a collection of p***ks.

"I met some people today and 2 of them had been made redundant (including an "IT expert" working in a call centre. [LOL!]) This proves that the end of the world is nigh".

Don't judge people by their misfortunes, but by how they deal with them.

Yes, I must he a loser. I don't own a penny. Everything in my possession is MINE. I really need some re-education.

Yes, I must he a loser. I don't own a penny. Everything in my possession is MINE. I really need some re-education.

I don't understand that.

Did you mean to say that? "I don't own a penny"? Or did you mean "I don't owe a penny"?

And even if you did mean the latter, why does that mean you must be a loser in need of re-education...?

Yep, if you had excellent IT skills, you wouldn't be working in a call centre :)

and if you were a brick layer you wouldn't be working in a barbers.

someone has to fill the void. you have to start somewhere and a call centre gives you the customer skills to move on into support and progress.

i know extremely skillfull IT people who have now been out of work since Nov last year. i've just started a 3 year project and that took 4 months to get from the end of last contract. the market is very difficult at the moment.

Don't worry, I can give a 50% reduction of my normal fees for HPC co-workers.

Oddly enough I trained at Charing Cross and Westminster (or CXWMS as we used to call it) which has become Imperial College School of Medicine. I learnt most from my membership of the climbing club but thats another story.

Where can I buy the album, anyone know?

Another story? Mmm i love annecdotals...

Anyone spot a pattern?

Pattern? You're meeting unlucky people.