House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noyk

Monitoring Areas

I've been active on this site on and off for some time and reading it for longer. I first thought there was something wrong with the market sometime in 2001/2 i think. Since then and maybe a little before i've been monitoring one area specifically Farnham, Surrey as i grew up there and as a child/young man watched my Mum buy and sell (just) there in the last crash.

Sometime last year there were a number of threads talking about specific areas people monitor and whats going on locally etc. I just thought i'd ask if people are still doing this much. As mentioned above, the area i keep an eye on (although no longer live there) is Farnham - i've noticed the recent trend in the area seems to be 1/2 beds (mostly ex. FTB's?) going up in asking price (or to them value); more encouragingly though 2/3 beds are coming down in asking price quite a lot. I'm not sure how agents are not noticing this and telling these 1/2 bed owners to drop the price a little. Many 1/2 bed places i've seen simply have been taken off the market (well at least they haven't shown up on LR data). What are others seeing?

Anyone looking at Wokingham, thats where i live now though I don't think i'd buy here, they've ruined the place by not building a bypass, the town centre is like a drive through - all the traffic, and there's a lot of it, goes right through the middle of town (sorry small gripe about perfectly nice town ruined by too many drivers/bad planning).

Guest Bart of Darkness

I closely monitor the next house but one, particularly the bedroom window of the teenage girl that lives there.

I find that interest in this particular property has dropped considerably of late, especially after new blinds were fitted.