House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

What Colours Your House?

Again, Government interferring with our lives telling us what to do

Choose a colour, but not any colour

I can do better than that! My friend's parents have a holiday home in France. It's in the middle of a little town overlooking a harbour. It's a lovely black and white tudor type building, like you get in York. I've seen pictures of it. Anyway on April the 1st my friend gets a phonecall from her mum to say they've arrived safely in France, but the outside of their house has been painted red! My friend thinks her mums winding her up, because of the date, but no - it has definately been painted red. There's nothing her parents can do about it, because the town architect has overall say about the external appearance of the buildings. When she enquired as to why it had been painted red, she was told by council officials that the architect wanted to do an overhall of the harbour area. All the houses that used to be owned by the fisherman are to be painted in the colours of their boats that they owned, and their house was owned by a fisherman who had a red boat. Oh dear! It must be great to be a second home owner. I await your smug comments!!