House Price Crash Forum

Cleaning Lady Bill

pamel

HOLA441

Hello everyone,

I've been renting a room for ten months now. When I took the room the LL told me that I will have to pay extra money for a cleaning lady, it is stated in the contract. We (my roomate and I) pay 20 £/week. This cleaning lady (who does not speak any english) was chosen by our LL. Of course we pay cash.

I have hope to get money back for a part of it but I need to show an invoice. I asked my LL but she did not accept.

I am quite certain this cleaning lady is not declared. I would like to know wether she did not agree because she is afraid of investigation from the revenu administration or no one would care about it.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my mistakes

pamel

PS: The flat we rent is in a council house, are they any specific legal obligation for the LL according to that ???

HOLA442
HOLA443

On what basis were you hoping to get money back?

hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Well, my company in my country sent me here for a year and cover a part of my expenses. They agreed to cover cleaning too, but they need an invoice for taxe issue. I don't want any money from my landlord. I just want an invoice. It is stated in the contract that the cleaning wil be professionally done, that the service is to be arranged by landlord's managing agent and that the Cleaner's rates will be paid by tenants.

If it is so professionnal, there should not be any pb for an invoice ???

HOLA444

Ah thanks that clarifies it somewhat. Well, in all honesty I think it will be very difficult to do anythin now about the money already paid....I cannot think of a way around it. However, I would immediately refuse to accept that particular cleaners services anymore, and find another who is willing to give you an invoice.

HOLA445

PS: The flat we rent is in a council house, are they any specific legal obligation for the LL according to that ???

Can I get this straight.

Is it a room in a council house and is the council tenant, your landlord, absent?

HOLA446

Can I get this straight.

Is it a room in a council house and is the council tenant, your landlord, absent?

Hello;

It is a room in a flat in a council house, and yes she is absent since she lives in Spain.

HOLA447

Ah thanks that clarifies it somewhat. Well, in all honesty I think it will be very difficult to do anythin now about the money already paid....I cannot think of a way around it. However, I would immediately refuse to accept that particular cleaners services anymore, and find another who is willing to give you an invoice.

Hello.

We never hired this cleaner. She is, or was I should say as she unexpectedly quitted a week ago, a friend of the manager and was hired by her. It is written in our contract that we have to get the cleaning professionaly done and that the cleaner is chosen by the manager. As I see it, it's just extra money for the manager without paying taxe since I am sure that nothing is declared to the revenue and that they do the same with other flats.

What I would like to know is wether in UK the revenue is likely to investigate that kind of matter or it is too little money for them to undertake any action. Because in my country I think it would be enough to start something and that would explain why they don't want to give me any proof.

thanks