House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Malasco

Statistics Regarding The Postcode Sl5

Regarding statistics regarding the postcode SL5 (Ascot and surrounding areas), I would like to provide the following.

These statistics relate to properties put up for sale or rental and not to prices though I feel confident that the number available properties reflect the price.

For over a year now I have thought that any market collapse would come from the top because there are so few buyers at the bottom of the market and a significant proportion of the mortgaging statistics have been coming from people remortgaging or moving up in the market and not being driven from the demand by new buyers as is more common in an undistorted market.

Here are the statistics – make up your own mind. I think that these figures are a precursor a serious market readjustment and that the recent corrections in world stock markets reflect the nervousness about the asset bubbles.

Houses Offered For Sale

50k – 250k Up 17% since Dec 05

250K – 300K Up 50% since Dec 05

250K – 500K Up 80% since Dec 05

500K – No Limit Up 117% since Dec 05

Properties for Rental

To £1250 pm – Down 14% since Dec 05

From £1250 - £3000 – Down 4% since Dec 05

Other interesting facts -

1. The number of houses for sale from 50K – 250K are now at the highest level since Aug 2005

2. The number of houses for sale from 350K – 500K are now at the highest level since Aug 2005

3. The number of houses for sale from 500K – no maximum are now at their highest level since Aug 2005

Any Comments?

Regarding statistics regarding the postcode SL5 (Ascot and surrounding areas), I would like to provide the following.

1. The number of houses for sale from 50K – 250K are now at the highest level since Aug 2005

2. The number of houses for sale from 350K – 500K are now at the highest level since Aug 2005

3. The number of houses for sale from 500K – no maximum are now at their highest level since Aug 2005

Any Comments?

Surely this is just normal seasonal variation - people market their properties in the late Spring and Summer.

:huh: