House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sam

Looked Like Propertys Was Being Unloaded Fast A Few Weeks Ago, Great

I took the back roads travelling from Cambridge to a place called Clifton(close to the A1) a few weeks back, nice villages, i have been using this route as a guide to the market for quite a long time now.

I noticed a lot more propertys up for sale on this particular trip, and on this one little patch in this one little village there were 4 for sale signs up, and the type of property i would love to get my hands on, it really lifted me, i have not seen this type of activity for years, unloading i thought to myself.

Drove the same route this afternoon, same little patch and 3 of those propertys have SOLD boards on already :o

All i can say is WOW

Sam

I took the back roads travelling from Cambridge to a place called Clifton(close to the A1) a few weeks back, nice villages, i have been using this route as a guide to the market for quite a long time now.

I noticed a lot more propertys up for sale on this particular trip, and on this one little patch in this one little village there were 4 for sale signs up, and the type of property i would love to get my hands on, it really lifted me, i have not seen this type of activity for years, unloading i thought to myself.

Drove the same route this afternoon, same little patch and 3 of those propertys have SOLD boards on already :o

All i can say is WOW

Sam

well until we know the variables involving condition of the sale, and the final outcome (eg. vendors biting the bullet and taking offers the full 10% under, it is not possible to analyse this sign).

keep us posted on the addresses sam so that we can check what happened on one of the house price sites.

The boards will have small text saying "subject to contract". Is this the case in your area too?

Does anyone know if estate agents change signs to "SOLD" without a SSTC bit?????

I can't say I recall seeing one.

Ever.

The boards will have small text saying "subject to contract". Is this the case in your area too?

Does anyone know if estate agents change signs to "SOLD" without a SSTC bit?????

I can't say I recall seeing one.

Ever.

Certainly an EA in my area changes sign from For Sale to Sold without the STC part. They never display the properties on the internet at the varying stages e.g. under offer, STC etc, they just take them straight off. When we pulled out of out sale recently, the sign remained sold until they sold it to someone else.

Oh and they post nice leaflets through our door saying they are the No 1 seller in the area this year.....nomintated by......none other than themselves, as they don't have anyone else on the flyer!! :lol:

Edited by Jitters

Seems to be consistent with the National picture – lots of people have decided to buy this spring/summer after (I guess) waiting it out last year? :unsure:

10za3nl.jpg

Edited by spline

Guest Charlie The Tramp

My mate`s brother put his property on the market 2 weeks ago and SSTC within 7 days accepting an offer of 3k below asking price. It is his fourth move in 24 years, always putting his property on the market in May.

He swears cutting his lawns, the spring flowers and blossom on the trees works wonders, and if viewed on a sunny day he has cracked it. ;)

Well nice properties in nice villages will always sell quickly. My way of measuring is to count the number of pages on rightmove both for rented and for sale- at the moment it is showing rises where I live (Guildford). The number is finally rising. However prices have risen quite substantially since last November at the top end, with stable or falling prices in the not so good areas. My opinion is that there is still a large number of BTL's being bought whether or not the rent is going to cover the mortgage. My sister in law sold her house in halifax to an investment buyer as did her neighbour. BTL has added a speculative element which has pushed the market up higher than ever before, but when this unwinds will also push it down further and faster than I think anyone will believe. Mortgage Approvals are finally showing a decline and if this trend continues then there will be trouble later in the year and I believe carnage next year. The unemployment statistics are not looking good and these are lagging indicators with lots more layoffs in the pipeline. The influx of economic migrants wont last long if the job opportunities dry up.

I drove through Camberley and Blackwater (Surrey) on Monday and Thursday. Lots of housing stock sold. On a positive note the Rhondda Valley, one of the last strong holds of the recent boom has totally slowed down, housing actually hanging round for months (some with reduce signs). Last year houses were selling in days for full asking price.

Phew House price crash is now averted!

Hmmm <_<

So FTB rate is still record low, unemloyment still rising, record debt and getting bigger.... Not so sure now....

Who are buying the houses?

The numbers must still be working for some BTLers then.

I can't work out how though, our last acquisitions completed in April 2004, from a decision to buy made in November 2003.

I can't see us adding to the portfolio for at least 5 years or so (giving rents time to grow).