House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jitters

Land Registry Data

I was wondering how long it takes from the sale of a house for it to appear on the LRD records. I think I remember reading that they release quarterly reports and was wondering if paying the £2.00 for the Title Register got you the details any sooner.

I am interested in seeing the sold price for a failed purchase. The failure only happened a fortnight ago but already there are builders in gutting the place which means it’s sold - I just want to see if the vendor got the asking price in the end

Edited by Jitters

Couldn't say for sure, but a good few months.

Our new neighbours bought their house in December 2005 (and moved in), but according to the Land Registry it was sold in April 2006.

Couldn't say for sure, but a good few months.

Our new neighbours bought their house in December 2005 (and moved in), but according to the Land Registry it was sold in April 2006.

I find the Land Registry are usually pretty quick with the actual registration. They quite often turn my applications round in days. I deal with non-residential though so domestic purchases might take a bit longer - noting any legal charges etc. I'd suggest that a lot of the delay between completion and registration is probably down to the purchasers' solicitors not sending the application in good time. Not necessarily their fault. They've probably been buggered about by the Inland Revenue and their impossible new stamp duty forms (or SDLT as it now is - another example of Gordo failing to heed the law of "If it ain't broke don't fix it").

The thing with your neighbours having a different completion date to the actual one strikes me as odd. Possibly a clerical error, or the registration date really is 3-4 months after the purchase due to delays as above.

I was told by www.ourproperty.co.uk that it could take up to 6 months. What you need to consider is this is 6 months from when contracts were exchanged NOT 6 months after the sold sign. I am still waiting on one in my street that sold in August LAST YEAR!!!

TB

I was told by www.ourproperty.co.uk that it could take up to 6 months. What you need to consider is this is 6 months from when contracts were exchanged NOT 6 months after the sold sign. I am still waiting on one in my street that sold in August LAST YEAR!!!

TB

I bought my house in March and it was May when the Land Registry records were updated.

It really depends on how quick the solicitors are to tie up the loose ends.

Well thank you all for the replies I guess it's just a matter of waiting and checking until it shows up.

Edited by Jitters

TB

that depends, it might never show

did it actually sell?

Did it sell to a company as an investment?

Edited by moosetea

that depends, it might never show

did it actually sell?

Did it sell to a company as an investment?

I assume it sold as they didn't come back to us after we lowered the offer price (plus a friend called to check and they said it was sold). Builders are now ripping the place apart.

Don't know who it sold to in the end but the vendor was an investor as the place wasn't well maintined (whence lowered offer!)