House Price Crash Forum
libitina

The Pits? Not Anymore

I Concur!

No doubt they have the local wage infrastructure to pay for these massive house prices. Let's say 40k average local wage sounds right!....,

Or is it simply a Fine case of Rampant Speculation in operation

;)B)

I Concur!

No doubt they have the local wage infrastructure to pay for these massive house prices. Let's say 40k average local wage sounds right!....,

Or is it simply a Fine case of Rampant Speculation in operation

;)B)

same here on the Fylde coast, house prices out of all propotion with the local wage level, last time aroud the crash was not that bad but I fear with terraced houses going for 90K that this time around we are going to get it real bad, the main problem around here is BTL buying typical FTB houses andl renting them to those on benefits, bring down some areas whilst freezing FTB out, I can't wait till the greedy b's get it!

The North will be hit bad this time. Looking at London prices I can understand why some people think the crash won't be as bad in London this time (although I am not saying there won;t be a crash - I am no expert). Just that prices in parts of the North are so high you would think it was London - that can't be sustained - we just don't have the jobs, wages and the influx of people to sustain these crazy prices.

It could be very scary :ph34r:

Guest muttley

The North will be hit bad this time. Looking at London prices I can understand why some people think the crash won't be as bad in London this time (although I am not saying there won;t be a crash - I am no expert). Just that prices in parts of the North are so high you would think it was London - that can't be sustained - we just don't have the jobs, wages and the influx of people to sustain these crazy prices.

It could be very scary :ph34r:

I'm from the North West too, and would agree with the above.

The only people paying London wages around here are the Government.

over 40% of working people 'oop norf' work for the government. No chance of job cuts there!

just goes to show how HPI in the crappy areas has kept the indices +'ve for so long. Once these sh*tholes have reached local affordability there's nowhere left for prices to go. (other than down)

Edited by sign_of_the_times