House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

The Ads In This Forum

Ah the joys of the animated ms office ones going on at the side and underneath some posts.

Any chance we could get the forum background to flash pink & green too ?

And maybe make the default font a bit smaller and in yellow?

And could we have a winfixer pop-under?

MS office has evolved - HPC is kind of evolving too - though I'm not sure into quite what?

ah yes i am sure now - a crappy mess.

This forum is much better than it used to be. It is all thanks to the excellent changes that have happened n recent months. There is always room for improvement, though, consider the following:

What this site needs is one of those flash ads that appear over the center of the screen and can only be closed by cllicking on them. Also: 'the main discussion forum on house prices' should be accessable to paid subscribers only.

Audio adverts! Yeah, get some of those too, they are awsome. Crazy frog would be the best bet.

And if one of the moderators could be a bit heavy handed, you know, delete/edit posts at random that sort of thing. Also: You don't ban enough people imo. Ban more. And if anyone asks why, ban them too.

In fact, just ban everybody, after all, we are getting in the way of your adverts. Less posts mean more advertising space!

Everyone loves adverts!

xxx

Why is there blank posts with "Google Ads" ? What's this all about?

Great. Now we've got Google Ads being posted as well as the side bar ads. :rolleyes:

It's too much and I don't like it.

Great. Now we've got Google Ads being posted as well as the side bar ads. :rolleyes:

It's too much and I don't like it.

Agreed

This site is getting dangerously unusable. :angry:

Any we all know what happens when a site is unusable, don't we? :rolleyes:

Agreed

This site is getting dangerously unusable. :angry:

Any we all know what happens when a site is unusable, don't we? :rolleyes:

Since the new owners this site as been WAY Over The Top on adverts - banner and side bars are okay, in the posts is far too much.

Don't you just love the new management?

Strongly agreed. I understand that since it's a commercial site they need ads to make it pay, but putting ads into threads as replies is just going too far.

Fubar, please stop this.

Billy Shears

Use firefox. Type "firefox remove it permanently" into google and install the RIP add-on into Firefox. Then (once you get the hang of it) you can stop anything. Also get the adblock add-on - also via google.

Since I was told an hour ago, I've had a crash course in frames, screwed up the forum totally, but now I live in peace.

Ah - cheers matey - a bit better!

I have been playing around with flashblock and adblock prior to RIP but RIP seems a bit better.

I have to question the whole point of these ads - any newbie coming here with out blocking tools would probably go away due to some of the intrusive adverts which take up too much screen real estate. Any reqular user would find this subforum and download the blocking extensions.

Needless to say HPC is about the only site on the entire web that I use which has become so awful I have been almost forced into using blocking extensions.

The amount of threads in this sub-forum which have sprung up since 5pm-ish should speak volumes to Fubra. I wonder if they will listen... :rolleyes:

Guest Guy_Montag

Ah - cheers matey - a bit better!

I have been playing around with flashblock and adblock prior to RIP but RIP seems a bit better.

I have to question the whole point of these ads - any newbie coming here with out blocking tools would probably go away due to some of the intrusive adverts which take up too much screen real estate. Any reqular user would find this subforum and download the blocking extensions.

Needless to say HPC is about the only site on the entire web that I use which has become so awful I have been almost forced into using blocking extensions.

The amount of threads in this sub-forum which have sprung up since 5pm-ish should speak volumes to Fubra. I wonder if they will listen... :rolleyes:

Actually I'm struggling to use my Lycos mail because the ads keep crashing Netscape. Still just 'cause there's a website worse than this, it doesn't mean that HPC is good.

Actually I'm struggling to use my Lycos mail because the ads keep crashing Netscape. Still just 'cause there's a website worse than this, it doesn't mean that HPC is good.

blimey netscape eh - i didn't know it was still going!

why not use mozilla instead and download the extensions?

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Guest The_Oldie

blimey netscape eh - i didn't know it was still going!

why not use mozilla instead and download the extensions?

I think the latest Netscape browser is a re-badged Firefox.