House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Twopper

This Is Money - House Prices

I am fairly new to following the house prices but I have been reading This Is Money (by the Daily Mail).

With everything that been happening over the past week I am amazed that it has taken them 11 days to finally post this load of drivel about 1 small seaside town!

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgages/hou...2&in_page_id=57

Am I wasting my time with TIM?

What should I be reading for a balanced impartial report on the housing market?

:)

What should I be reading for a balanced impartial report on the housing market?

:)

Funny you should mention that...

Edited by BandWagon

It would be fair to say that we have a 'slant' in our opinions but we also TRY to debunk the myths and obvious VI reporting.

You have to consider that property and associated businesses account for something like 40% of ADVERTISING REVENUE in the media. Mobile Phones/ Ringtones may be slightly higher. SO they are NOT going to bite the hand that feeds them.

The reason why this forum is so BIAS is because the BULLS do not declare themselves as bulls and very rarely come up with a substanciated arguement.

IE.

Typical post:

Oh house prices are falling are they look at this!!!!

httP:://www.shitemove.co.uk/press release/flotation strategy/february report

They're flying of the shelves - Get real losers, house prices only go up!

Spank_The Monkey

Alls they seem to show is a link to something that we have already seen. This type of post is gloating but it does not make it fact. We generally debunk these reports with COUNTER SPIN!

Alls I am saying is DONT BE SURPRISED TO SEE Haliwide/Rightmove/RICS/NAEA/ODPM getting a lot of column inches.

Best impartial advice is talk to people in your area!

TB

Funny you should mention that...

:D

Yeah fair enough I am here reading this website - however 99% of people here have VI's in house prices crashing. Don't get me wrong I also want house prices to go down - I sold my house 8 months ago and I have a tidy sum waiting.

It would be fair to say that we have a 'slant' in our opinions but we also TRY to debunk the myths and obvious VI reporting.

You have to consider that property and associated businesses account for something like 40% of ADVERTISING REVENUE in the media. Mobile Phones/ Ringtones may be slightly higher. SO they are NOT going to bite the hand that feeds them.

The reason why this forum is so BIAS is because the BULLS do not declare themselves as bulls and very rarely come up with a substanciated arguement.

IE.

Typical post:

Alls they seem to show is a link to something that we have already seen. This type of post is gloating but it does not make it fact. We generally debunk these reports with COUNTER SPIN!

Alls I am saying is DONT BE SURPRISED TO SEE Haliwide/Rightmove/RICS/NAEA/ODPM getting a lot of column inches.

Best impartial advice is talk to people in your area!

Tried that - most people beleive I am crazy, missing the boat etc. :) But they are obviously believing everything they read in the press.

I seem to be view me as some kind of doom monger for my opinions & I am sure most HPCrashers will be viewed as having helped cause house prices to fall and `cheating' by certain friends & relatives in the months ahead. In their eyes we will have effectively stolen wealth from their property.

TB

Ntt being funny mate - but these type of people are @rseholes!

A person I speak to in work who is bullish. She's abit of a 'whopper' actually, you know the sort.

I've just bought a 4 man tent!

Oh I got the 6 man a few weeks back!

You get the idea - WHOPPER!!!

We anyways, I was talking to her on Friday. We were talking in general about the fact Britsh gas can say profits UP 42% but we are going to have to up our prices. We then got onto me blurbing my GB is **** and has been butt-f*cking us for 9 years. I mention that the economy was not as rosy they make out (Ellesmere port Vauxhall is 10 mins for where I work) and you think endowment was a scam, wait until the I/O mortgage comes out into the open!!!!

I said that interest rates were on the way UP, and she agreed :o

I said that IR rises will affect I/O people more than repayment because 100% of what an I/O mortgage payer pays is the interest. I made is clear that these people will struggle when IR hit 6%.

Her reply, "AT LEAST THEY ARE ON THE LADDER" :blink:

Well it made me mental!!! "Not for F*CKING LONG as they will be handing the keys in!!!" :angry:

I then explained that there is no benefit to HPI at this level as the more equity you make the goverment make money for nothing - STEALTH TAXES!

I was getting somewhere! I hit that raw nerve - she had just paid 3% Stamp Duty and it made her blood boil!

I WENT FOR THE KILL!!!

Its my opinion, but Houses are going to go tits up - theres never been a boom without a bust and the people of this country should see the pyramid scheme that it really is! We are gaining equity in housing and paying over the odds - so the house is worth more to the government when we pop our clogs?

SHE AGREED and said,

I think you could be right, I can see a lot people waking up and smelling the coffee!

Well my jaw hit the ground. If this bullish person says this, then this is a sign to me that her friends that were all - LOOK AT MY HOUSE!!!! are starting to change their views.

RESULT!!!!! - She's still f*cking whopper though :)

TB

Edited by teddyboy

UP to a few months ago , This is Money was sponsered by Bradford and Bingley, now it seems to have ING Savings account advertisements everywhere.

Use your own judgement on how much bias is used on the site.

WTF is a whopper?

:blink:

Sorry - may be a regional thing!

Someone who overstates things. Tells whopping lies rather than white lies.

ie. My willy is 9" would be - I have 2 willies :)

Someone that always has an answer for something.

If I got a new car, they just bought one.

If I won the lottery - they did last year etc.

Sorta keeping up with the joneses!!

WHOPPA or WHOPPER!!!!!

TB

Well my jaw hit the ground. If this bullish person says this, then this is a sign to me that her friends that were all - LOOK AT MY HOUSE!!!! are starting to change their views.

RESULT!!!!! - She's still f*cking whopper though smile.gif

She might just want to jump you.

Original article was class. A town 7 miles from sunderland :D has experienced 172% HPI - so the journalist looks at demand side issues of why this might be the case - rising elderly population etc.

If house prices fell by 66% do you think they would be talking about how there are less old people etc :D:D:D