House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brainclamp

Who Up For A Commune?

The future, for many people here, in just 1-2 years time is one of ID cards and rising taxes, with people having to report themselves to the government everytime they move landlord.

I believe life will become even worse for those left out of the boom, like a modern day surf. To take on a crappy house outbidding some investor with tax breaks and significant legal changes, demand factors on his side for £200,000 is a staggering concept.

Now, unlike many here, forecasting a crash, I have been right on the button for many years so far about the direction of HPI and even with higher interest rates forcing capital values down, I forecast higher real houseprices ahead, (i.e. interest will cost more).

However, there is one way to offer some hope.

One way, yes, even if you have been locked out of the biggest houseprice rises in modern human history.

Yes, its a surprise.

That is to buy a share in a commune - not quite as a 1970s concept - but as a commercial entity of which you become a equity holder.

Unlike buying some remote farmhouse in the middle of nowhere that wil be robbed the moment you leave it, or some remote place abroad with nobody who speaks the language, somewhere you have no neighbours to rely on to leave the dogs/cats for a few weeks, or getting stuffed buying abroad in 101 ways, I think planning to be part of such a community could offer a practical and exciting approach to defining at least a part of your own life, even if you still have to trudge the treadmill for a good few years yet, perhaps designing your own home layout, and benefiting from the economies of scale such a community could bring in costs.

If only 10 or so people group together then with fairly modest funds they could purchase a suitable location of land in any relivant location (other than the UK), share the costs and build thier own sustaining community without it crippling them.

Yes - it would be useless for any relevence to work, schools, - location etc.. it may not be useless as a economic investment - (although it depends on the community adding value), and it may act as modest hedge against further rises in real property prices.

One reason this works, is that as an economic entity it has been around for a long time, from right through from abbys to the recent founding of the state of Israel, each commnue is very its economically robust and has great toughness as a entity thoughout any harsh external envrioment.

The organic nature of the commune - the quality of life factors, the community helping each other out, shareing costs - lowering them massively, its self-sufficency in many areas, meaning that external income was barely needed, like the original greek city-states, so this economic form has survived for hundreds/thousands of years right through the most feudal landlord ridden times in history....

I confess I have downed a few bottles of wine, my neighbour has just recently been murdered in my street, the quality of life here is going downhill, and things just seem crazy even as I write this, but would like to know who would be interested in this as a seroius proposition.

If you are PM me.

Well I'd be interested if I thought there was a shortage of property or if there was any merit in communism.

However I just think this property "shortage" is due to an excess of cheap money, and gross irresponsibilty.

Both are soon to be addressed by the most powerful economic force known to man, the Market.

Thanks brainclamp, but I won't be interested in your offer.

Edited by BandWagon

If only 10 or so people group together then with fairly modest funds they could purchase a suitable location of land in any relivant location (other than the UK), share the costs and build thier own sustaining community without it crippling them.

Hey why do we not buy in afganistan?? my husand said that you could get land cheep there, but I am not sure how much it would cost to swep it for land mines......:-)

Well I'd be interested if I thought there was a shortage of property or if there was any merit in communism.

However I just think this property "shortage" is due to an excess of cheap money, and gross irresponsibilty.

Both are soon to be addressed by the most powerful economic force known to man, the Market.

Thanks brainclamp, but I won't be interested in your offer.

How old are you now? (cobwebs and grey hairs are starting I bet)

I am not denying that HPI may come down, but the higher interest rates which result will not make property more affordable.

Hasn't Mr Market been speaking for many years?

Look, I am not denying that free credit is resposible for the boom, its clear that the inflation measure is a falsehood and moral outrage, but don't be too sure that when liquidity is drained, you may find the real cost of a decent home will probably not be greatly altered.

I confess I have downed a few bottles of wine, my neighbour has just recently been murdered in my street, the quality of life here is going downhill, and things just seem crazy even as I write this, but would like to know who would be interested in this as a seroius proposition.

I skipped most of your post and just read the end paragraph.

Did you call 999?

Is your neighbour's blood staining the streets RED?

Have you moved the cold corpse yet?

Or are you leaving it on display for the immigrant to see so that they get scared and go back to Kosovo where they can get their feet blown off by discarded mines?

Remember, we are seeing a situation where the immigrants are taking basic jobs like lorry drivers. I know this because a friend of mine "imported" sixty for 3 months at Christmas. My friend even tried to claim that there are no natives in the local town who are capable of doing this, and that the British have had attitudes and don't want to work.

This will lead to a property crash because the displaced lorry drivers will not be able to pay any mortgages. This is basic GCSE economics that will have been dispensed with within the first five minutes of the lesson, just before your teacher gets onto the subject of how his favourite local football team are expected to perform during the forthcoming match.

This absent longevity of classroom interest is, I believe, is a true representation of the respect that Economics deserves as a subject.

Edited by megaflop

Remember, we are seeing a situation where the immigrants are taking basic jobs like lorry drivers. I know this because a friend of mine "imported" sixty for 3 months at Christmas. My friend even tried to claim that there are no natives in the local town who are capable of doing this, and that the British have had attitudes and don't want to work.

This will lead to a property crash because the displaced lorry drivers will not be able to pay any mortgages. This is basic GCSE economics that will have been dispensed with within the first five minutes of the lesson, just before your teacher gets onto the subject of how his favourite local football team are expected to perform during the forthcoming match.

This absent longevity of classroom interest is, I believe, is a true representation of the respect that Economics deserves as a subject.

You've thought this through, right? Immigrants arriving in the UK need a place to live (I realise they don't arrive with 200k to buy a flat, but even living five to a room they need a roof over their heads; BTLers provide that). Construction is hardly keeping up with the influx. Furthermore, the reason immigrants are able to find work in the UK is because we do have relatively high employment. The number of people in employment has risen, even while the jobless rate has increased. It doesn't matter whether domestic truckers are paying mortgages, or immigrants are paying rent; someone is sustaining house prices, and at the moment we have a net gain.

You really have misread the situation.

If your planning to buy a run-down castle in scotland, stock up on some decent weaponry and make a david koresh type last stand then count me in, err out , no in... out. shake it all about.

I think you actually are correct about hps going up in the next 5-6 years. I'm currently considering leaving the UK anyway so ****** 'em all, especially that fat **** charles clarke

You've thought this through, right? Immigrants arriving in the UK need a place to live (I realise they don't arrive with 200k to buy a flat, but even living five to a room they need a roof over their heads; BTLers provide that). Construction is hardly keeping up with the influx. Furthermore, the reason immigrants are able to find work in the UK is because we do have relatively high employment. The number of people in employment has risen, even while the jobless rate has increased. It doesn't matter whether domestic truckers are paying mortgages, or immigrants are paying rent; someone is sustaining house prices, and at the moment we have a net gain.

I am the VI troll around here. Not you.

Guest muttley

Now, unlike many here, forecasting a crash, I have been right on the button for many years so far about the direction of HPI and even with higher interest rates forcing capital values down, I forecast higher real houseprices ahead, (i.e. interest will cost more).

This is new. You actually said no fall in property prices, and rising rents. Is this a change of mind or a "re-evaluation"?

but even living five to a room

Excellent so we can divide the immigration figures by five.

Long live VI trolls. At least you have something interesting to say.

Not sure which VI troll you are though.

R U the STR troll gambling their STR proceeds on the stock market type of troll?

Or R U the the racist HPC troll who blames everything on immigrants type of troll?

Guest muttley

Did you change your avatar? I thought you used to be a blue bear.

This is new. You actually said no fall in property prices, and rising rents. Is this a change of mind or a "re-evaluation"?

There has been further massive rises since I made that forecast! LOL! By the way - I remember your scathing comments at the time.... was I wrong??? No.

Edited by brainclamp

Answer the question Brainclump, I know you're there.

Would you allow non-white people to live in your commune.

R U too frit to answer the question?

Would you allow people who are not white in your commune, brainclump?

No - I am not racist, its only those (weak minds) easily influenced to the spin of the ruling classes who believe discussing immigration is racist! :D

Answer the question.

Would you allow non-white people to live in your commune?

I see you've ran away.

Answer the question. Or r u too scared?

Stand by your principles and answer the question.

I saw you. Then you disappeared. Lol.

Skulking in dark corners. Just like your type.

Answer the question.

Would you allow non white people in your commune?

Guest muttley

There has been further massive rises since I made that forecast! LOL! By the way - I remember your scathing comments at the time.... was I wrong??? No.

But you admit that prices will fall from herein.

Incidentally, I have been mostly neutral in my forecasts regarding house prices. I favour a soft landing, but do not rule out a HPC. My "scathing comments" were directed at your clandestine political affiliations.

No - I am not racist, its only those (weak minds) easily influenced to the spin of the ruling classes who believe discussing immigration is racist! :D

Actually I'm influenced by the 'weak' minds of the 36 million who died in the second world war fighting your type. Answer the question.

1.20 am and Brainclump's fled the scene.

Such a simple question and he cannot answer it.

I wonder why?

If your planning to buy a run-down castle in scotland, stock up on some decent weaponry and make a david koresh type last stand then count me in, err out , no in... out. shake it all about.

I think you actually are correct about hps going up in the next 5-6 years. I'm currently considering leaving the UK anyway so ****** 'em all, especially that fat **** charles clarke

I think I may have posted this link before, but for those who haven't seen it re Charles Clarke (aka The Safety Elephant).....

http://devilskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/03/...im-in-face.html[/url]

While the idea is great in principle, and I like the subversive aspect :ph34r: having spent many years in shared housing (rented) and having had extensive exposure to 'alternatives' I would have to say that committing to a commune usually involves people with which one shares other common ground - a generally shared understanding what constitutes 'my tribe' is a great start :D . Now I have to say, Brainclamp, we wouldn't get on! While I was up for constant political arguement with the far right at parties in my youth (not 'my tribe' but non the less misguided souls with pain in their hearts that was projected onto 'the other' and a shunken aura that needed to be released :blink: OK I was sweet but naive), quite frankly when I want a bit of peace nowadays I can just log off HPC. But if you were in my kitchen area?... :o

While the idea is great in principle, and I like the subversive aspect :ph34r: having spent many years in shared housing (rented) and having had extensive exposure to 'alternatives' I would have to say that committing to a commune usually involves people with which one shares other common ground - a generally shared understanding what constitutes 'my tribe' is a great start :D . Now I have to say, Brainclamp, we wouldn't get on! While I was up for constant political arguement with the far right at parties in my youth (not 'my tribe' but non the less misguided souls with pain in their hearts that was projected onto 'the other' and a shunken aura that needed to be released :blink: OK I was sweet but naive), quite frankly when I want a bit of peace nowadays I can just log off HPC. But if you were in my kitchen area?... :o

I dunno, I can't help but be drawn into some form of word association which provided the following sequence...

Brainclamp, commune, Waco, Texas...

etc <_<